Conservatives, what is your most liberal aspect(s)? & vice versa (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:28:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Conservatives, what is your most liberal aspect(s)? & vice versa (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Conservatives, what is your most liberal aspect(s)? & vice versa  (Read 75498 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: February 09, 2012, 03:25:38 PM »
« edited: February 09, 2012, 08:18:27 PM by Gingrich Agonistes »

I'm generally opposed to prostitution and the rest of the sex trade (BRTD's beloved strip-clubs, for instance) although I still think making such things illegal is probably the wrong idea. By American standards, this would probably be considered a somewhat conservative position.

I'm also a fairly strong supporter of free trade, although I don't think that's necessarily a counterintuitive position for a liberal to take.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 06:46:05 PM »

I'm also a fairly strong supporter of free trade, although I don't think that's necessarily a counterintuitive position for a liberal to take.

It seems to me that free trade is an inherently liberal idea.

Protectionism seems to be in vogue amongst some of our younger liberal members, though, no?

Maybe I should clarify that I'm using "liberal" in the American sense of the word.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies