Polnut for Northeast Governor - Concession Speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:14:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Polnut for Northeast Governor - Concession Speech
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Polnut for Northeast Governor - Concession Speech  (Read 3758 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2011, 05:35:39 PM »

Guinea pigs are cute and make those cool little squeaks...

You have my trippled endorsement for that statement, sir Smiley
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2011, 05:36:16 PM »

I feel all kinds of special Smiley
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2011, 11:39:41 PM »

Remarks from Bus Tour stop in Hartford, Connecticut

We are now in the home-stretch of this campaign.

It has been tough, and I apologise for a combination of dealing with illness and some other Atlasian-related issues.

This campaign has been about forwarding a positive agenda for the region.

I have received strong support from the across all of our communities, including the crucial guinea-pig fancier's endorsement, what this tells me is that this election is not about me. It's about you, you know that for too long this region has been led in a way that does not represent you or your values.

If I am elected Governor this weekend, I can promise you pragmatic leadership, I will work with whoever wants to work with me to get this region moving again.

Many have PM'd me concerned about tension between the Assembly and I, should I be elected. What I can say is that I repeat that assertion. If people approach a reform and renewal process with good intentions, then they are more than welcome. I am aware, that if I'm elected, the likelihood is high that the Assembly will not be a particularly friendly one towards me. But I still promise all of those who are my political opponents, I believe in the separation of powers, the use of the Executive veto is something I consider very important. I will only use it in the event that I consider a Bill to be detrimental to the well-being of the region or its citizens.

My pillars of strength, community and government that works remain solid.

There is a lot of work to do, and I welcome all those to the process that want to play a constructive role.

But none of this can happen without your help and support. The polls will open shortly, and I will need every single vote.

We need a positive agenda for this region, we need practical and pragmatic solutions.

Thank you all so much for your support in this campaign, but it isn't over yet, the time for real change has come.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2011, 11:11:24 PM »

Remarks from Bus Tour stop in Providence, Rhode Island

I want to thank you all for coming out tonight.

Voting is already underway, but the turnout has been lower than it should be... I know we still have time, but the voting is running neck and neck.

We cannot renew this region without your votes.

We will end up with more of the same, which will be a huge risk to this region's ability to get out of these difficult economic times.

What we need is pragmatic and effective government, not the extremism that has ruled our Government.

One thing I can promise, my first action on day one, if elected, will be to get the machinery in place, to have a Budget in place for the region, as the present Governor did not do in January.  I promise to work with the Assembly to get this done.

Again, we need every one of you that intends to vote, to get out there and exercise the most important civil right and responsibility you possess.

Thank you all...
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2011, 11:17:18 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Seems that you're trying to take the credit for the hard work of another.  Not only that, but the individual that you've been attacking for the last week.  I can assure everyone that Jake Matthews will produce a fine budget for whatever governor is elected.  I have to admit to being perplexed as to how Polnut can live with himself with this sort of behavior.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2011, 12:37:02 AM »

Nobody even knows what you're talking about.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2011, 12:49:06 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2011, 12:57:03 AM by Dallasfan65 »

What would happen to be the sudden inspiration for getting a budget in place? I haven't noticed any mention of this previously, until after Jake Matthews had proposed it.*

*Disregarding the fact that we already have an annual budget.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2011, 01:01:59 AM »

Let me make this very clear, my plan for a Budget was in place before Jake's plan.

However, I was still in the position of attaining advice as to best how to approach it before I was in the position to make it public.

I am fully supportive of Jake's plan, I, however need to make sure that if I'm elected, I'm the position to get into gear straight away, and be able to act from the Executive perspective.

As you've accused me of being a liar, and now presumably a thief... clearly, you clearly think very little of me, I accept that, it's not founded on anything but political antipathy, but I accept it. But you also clearly think I'm stupid.

I anticipated that you would accuse me of jumping on this proposal.

My inspiration was the fact that a Budget was not available, and it was necessary, but believe it or not, I want to do it right. So when Jake brought the issue up, I needed to speed up my preparations.

Believe me, or don't believe me, I honestly don't care.

I believe the Governor should be in the position of presenting a Budget, not just the Assembly.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2011, 01:41:31 AM »

If you were aware of JM's budget proposal, why not give him credit for that?  It certainly seems like you were trying to take credit all to yourself and promote the at minimum dishonest idea that there would only be a budget under your administration.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2011, 01:54:38 AM »

If you were aware of JM's budget proposal, why not give him credit for that?  It certainly seems like you were trying to take credit all to yourself and promote the at minimum dishonest idea that there would only be a budget under your administration.

It would be Jake's specific Budget proposal...

I told him that I was supportive of his proposal, there is a clear difference between the mechanics and the specifics.

I needed to be in the position to be able to put the MECHANISMS in place for the Budget - everyone in the Assembly and the Governor should be in the position to contribute.

Heaven forbid I wanted to actually Govern properly, and I would never EVER take credit for anyone's idea...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2011, 07:36:41 AM »

I just love how, in other thread, worms was screaming about Polnut supporting "inactive" Eraserhead, while he is supporting NDN aka Mint aka Ghost_white for Governor: yes, one of the worst and least visible Senators in Atlasian history.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2011, 12:09:02 AM »

I just love how, in other thread, worms was screaming about Polnut supporting "inactive" Eraserhead, while he is supporting NDN aka Mint aka Ghost_white for Governor: yes, one of the worst and least visible Senators in Atlasian history.

This has definitely been a bizarro-campaign in so many different ways.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2011, 12:49:27 AM »

Tell me about it...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2011, 03:37:22 AM »

Since according the Constitution the polls do not close until 11:59pm Sunday Night, I won't be making a statement until that time has passed.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2011, 05:24:54 PM »

As Governor Han has acknowledged an error in the polling booth remember the polls will be open for another 6 1/2 hours, if you really want to move the NE back into activity and prosperity this is your chance.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2011, 09:39:14 PM »

I already did this in private, but just to set the record straight, I have apologized to Polnut and retract my accusations.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2011, 09:42:47 PM »

It really is appreciated.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2011, 12:07:09 AM »

The Four Seasons Hotel Ballroom, Boston

A short time ago, I contacted the new Governor-elect of the Northeast and congratulated him on his win.

Being on the wrong side of an election is never fun, this was always going to be a tough ask and I want to thank those of my supporters who got out there and voted for me and for a progressive voice for the Northeast.

The one thing I would say to my opponent is that there is a big job ahead of you, there are big problems that need to be addressed and I truly hope that you will be the leader that all of the region truly needs.

I was aware, that if I had won that I would have needed to govern for more than those who voted for me. Political ideology and parties gets you elected, but you need to govern for all. I hope the Governor-elect will consider this going forward.

I really wanted this job, I campaigned hard for this job, but this is the way the democratic process works, and while I’m clearly extremely disappointed, I hope this will be a wake-up call for many in the region. The progressive movement made significant inroads in this region over the previous 2 elections, but it appears that this is a bit of a backwards stagger. For those who had faith in me, I’m sorry, I truly wanted to be a Governor that you all could be proud of.

So congratulations to all of those elected this weekend, including my re-elected colleagues and the new members of the NE Assembly.

After two terms in the Assembly, including one as Speaker, I have been honoured to have been given the opportunity from my fellow citizens to have served you and to provide a pragmatic and progressive agenda for the region.

I will never stop fighting to stop those that want to enshrine the law of the jungle in the laws of modern society.

I’m going to head off on a bit of a break to consider where I go from here, but let me assure you that the pillars on which this campaign was built have not gone away, a strong, vibrant and dynamic economy, a more inclusive society and promoting the ability of government to really help in people’s lives.

Congratulations to the victors and thank you for your support.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2011, 12:10:24 AM »

You would have made a fine Governor, Polnut. Best of luck to you in the future! Smiley
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2011, 12:11:28 AM »

You fought a hard battle, Polnut. Besides, I don't think you're done in politics just yet Wink

(Polnut for President!)

Who said that?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2011, 05:18:38 PM »

The soon to be former Speaker Polnut slipped out of Boston early on Monday morning... reports are that he landed in Seattle a little after 10am local time.

His office released a statement...

"Speaker Polnut said in his speech last night that he was going to have a short break after a grueling campaign, this is where he has decided to go"
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2011, 05:23:39 PM »

Please don't tell me you're going to Seattle to pull a Kurt Cobain...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2011, 06:01:17 PM »

Lol, no no - just a rest... and maybe some meetings.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies