Pacific Supreme Council Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:47:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Supreme Council Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author Topic: Pacific Supreme Council Thread  (Read 25058 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2011, 03:03:47 PM »

Sigh. At least one of my bills got an aye vote in the Assembly...
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2011, 06:53:06 PM »

On a side-note, I'm starting to find the tandem of the Council passing things and the Assembly voting them down very interesting.

The problem is that there are only 3 people voting in the Assembly. If you councilors could vote (which would be logicals since you are citizens), the bills would pass.

But that kind of kills the idea of one person, one vote, doesn't it?  We need to push for more active citizen involvement in the Assembly.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2011, 04:32:26 AM »

On a side-note, I'm starting to find the tandem of the Council passing things and the Assembly voting them down very interesting.

The problem is that there are only 3 people voting in the Assembly. If you councilors could vote (which would be logicals since you are citizens), the bills would pass.

But that kind of kills the idea of one person, one vote, doesn't it?  We need to push for more active citizen involvement in the Assembly.

Each person has one vote in the Assembly, so I don't see where is the problem. In every country, Representatives or other legislators have the right to vote for referendums that involve the whole people.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2011, 07:56:03 PM »

Each person has one vote in the Assembly, so I don't see where is the problem. In every country, Representatives or other legislators have the right to vote for referendums that involve the whole people.

It is however, in technicality, a bicarmeal legislature.  And the bill states that one man, one vote through the whole process, which is a very democratic way of doing it.

Personally, I find this tandem to be good for the region as for the first time in months, we are actually having active debate regarding bills. Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2011, 09:40:35 AM »

It is however, in technicality, a bicarmeal legislature.  And the bill states that one man, one vote through the whole process, which is a very democratic way of doing it.

Personally, I find this tandem to be good for the region as for the first time in months, we are actually having active debate regarding bills. Tongue

Still, considering the level of inactivity in our region, this leaves two or three people the possibility to block any legislative proposal. There were more votes cast in the restricted, elected house than in the universal, illimited one.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2011, 03:21:15 PM »

Still, considering the level of inactivity in our region, this leaves two or three people the possibility to block any legislative proposal. There were more votes cast in the restricted, elected house than in the universal, illimited one.

Of course, won't that require cooperation between both chambers?  I'll discuss the idea with Oakvale, and we'll see what will happen.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2011, 01:14:15 AM »

Debate is now open on the Happy Fun Progressive Act.  Voting will commence on Tuesday, 10 PM.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2011, 11:27:43 AM »

It is a crime that mothers should be forced into slavery like this. The only responsible option is to allow a safe abortion of the..well, lets say parasite because they cannot survive off on their own yet, up until the 55th trimester.

We cannot in good conscience allow these parasites to keep these women from going to school and living out all of their lives dreams. There even a few cases when these parasites go crazy and threaten the life of the mother. Only a heartless person would vote against The Happy Fun Progressive Act.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2011, 03:08:50 PM »

btw, can the Lt. Gov vote in the Assembly?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2011, 03:49:53 PM »

Actually, I have no idea.  I didn't really think about that....though I do know that I can only vote here in the case of a tie breaker.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2011, 10:10:54 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You know, for the debt?     
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2011, 01:18:35 AM »

I just can't see any sin taxes getting through the Assembly.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2011, 01:38:20 AM »

It is a crime that mothers should be forced into slavery like this. The only responsible option is to allow a safe abortion of the..well, lets say parasite because they cannot survive off on their own yet, up until the 55th trimester.

We cannot in good conscience allow these parasites to keep these women from going to school and living out all of their lives dreams. There even a few cases when these parasites go crazy and threaten the life of the mother. Only a heartless person would vote against The Happy Fun Progressive Act.

Can we just legalize murder and get it over with? Tongue
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2011, 01:43:06 AM »

How dare you sire, murder is a disgusting and barbaric thing. Angry This however is very much  different because they are small and defenseless and cannot survive off on their own yet, so these parasites clearly deserve no rights.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2011, 01:45:11 AM »

I just can't see any sin taxes getting through the Assembly.

Income/estate taxes on the wealthy perhaps?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2011, 01:50:56 AM »

How dare you sire, murder is a disgusting and barbaric thing. Angry This however is very much  different because they are small and defenseless and cannot survive off on their own yet, so these parasites clearly deserve no rights.

What about rich people? Aren't they parasites who leech off of the poor? Heck, poor people are parasites too, leeching off society and the government. They also probably can't defend themselves very well. I vote we kill them off so to speed up gentrification. I like my inner cities, but not my inner cities.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2011, 01:52:57 AM »

I'd need to read up on the relevent current statute before I made any determination on that.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2011, 01:56:05 AM »

Which brings me back to, why are we raising taxes in economic bad times? On top of the monstrosity in the senate right now we would have to change the title to "Chase those Bourgeoisie pigs and the business to Switzerland! Act"
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2011, 01:58:37 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2011, 01:59:53 AM »

I'll be supporting this (as long as you take my share). Smiley
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2011, 02:02:07 AM »

What about rich people? Aren't they parasites who leech off of the poor?

How so? unless we are talking about the Ancien Regime in France or something like that.

And how dare you, those are people you are talking about. I am only talking about the parasites ages -9 months to around 11 or so yrs that keep these poor helpless women in slavery against their will.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2011, 02:03:21 AM »

What about rich people? Aren't they parasites who leech off of the poor?

How so? unless we are talking about the Ancien Regime in France or something like that.

They extract their suplus value. Duh.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2011, 02:05:41 AM »

Which brings me back to, why are we raising taxes in economic bad times? On top of the monstrosity in the senate right now we would have to change the title to "Chase those Bourgeoisie pigs and the business to Switzerland! Act"

Maybe, but it's either that or cutting goodies like transportation and local health care subsidies. And average CEO profits have risen from 70 times the minimum wage to 800 in the last 30 years, so maybe....
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2011, 02:06:29 AM »

I just intentionally conflated progressives with Marxian theory. I feel so dirty right now.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2011, 02:08:15 AM »

Maybe, but it's either that or cutting goodies like transportation and local health care subsidies. And average CEO profits have risen from 70 times the minimum wage to 800 in the last 30 years, so maybe....

Or we could just run a deficit. I think that's allowed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies