Trumped Out - A Potentially Brief 2016 Timeline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:58:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Trumped Out - A Potentially Brief 2016 Timeline
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trumped Out - A Potentially Brief 2016 Timeline  (Read 1577 times)
sentinel
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 25, 2016, 02:41:07 PM »
« edited: July 25, 2016, 02:47:19 PM by sentinel »

July 21st, 2016 - Republican National Convention

Presumptive Republican Nominee Donald Trump takes the stage

"Thank you" - the presumptive nominee utters the first words of his speech "Thank you, thank you. Thank you very much."

"Friends, delegates and fellow Americans: I humbly and gratefully reject your nomination for the presidency of the United States."

Simultaneously - Clinton Headquarters

"What?" -
Robby Mook, Clinton Campaign Manager

Meanwhile, backstage at the Republican National Convention

What did he just say? - RNC Chairman Reince Priebus

[will be continued]
Captain Chaos
GZ67
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 02:46:32 PM »

The end.
sentinel
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 02:46:51 PM »

Apocalypse
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 04:59:05 PM »

*Hillary starts break dancing*
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 05:02:00 PM »

This is the best.
sentinel
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 07:43:35 PM »

July 21st, 2016 - The RNC, continued

The crowd initially cheered Donald Trump's words confusing reality for what they anticipated. After a moment mumbles from the crowd were heard then booing followed Donald Trump as he left the stage...waving.

Backstage, RNC officials approached Donald and threw questions at him. Donald ignored the questions and briskly walked past them with his security detail. Other officials scrambled to maintain control on stage and in the convention room. Elsewhere, officials discussed what had just happened.

Anderson Cooper on CNN: "Well, it looks like Donald Trump, in an once in a lifetime moment, rejected the Republican nomination and walked off stage..."

Megyn Kelly on Fox News: "After over 50 contests, millions of dollars spent by states, candidates and Donald Trump himself...he has rejected the Republican nomination on the final day of the convention...I don't know what the Republican Party will do now.

July 21st, 2016 - Hillary's Clinton's Hotel Room, a phone call

"Robby, what happens now?"

"It looks like Reince would call a meeting of the national committee, and members would vote, by majority, to fill the spot."

"Could they promote Pence and fill the Vice President slot as well?"

"Technically, yes. They could end up with two people whom were not voted for by people at large, at all."

Cleveland, Ohio - Some Hotel Room - July 21st, 2016

"I told you, I told America, you cannot trust Donald Trump" growled Ted Cruz, also known to some as the Zodiac Killer.

"Honey, calm down. Maybe this is your chance..."

"This is absurd, I bet they put Pence at the top. I need to call for a vote immediately...before they leave the convention..."

Captain Chaos
GZ67
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 04:45:42 PM »

More please.
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 04:48:31 PM »

This is very fascinating. I like it.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 06:34:57 PM »

This is interesting.
Captain Chaos
GZ67
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 08:55:13 AM »

The End.
sentinel
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 02:56:58 PM »

July 21st - Trump's limo en route to the airport

"Father, you did the right thing. You spoke from the brain. You spoke from the heart."

"Thank you. The primary was a disaster. Those candidates had no guts and choked. The Republican Party is a total joke and everyone knows it.

July 22nd - Morning News

"Less than a day ago, Donald Trump seemed to have done it. He had won the nomination. Former rivals were vanquished. He was dominating delegate elections running up to the Republican Convention. A floor flight which once seemed likely was no more.  Last night, at a moment where America thought Mr. Trump would accept the Republican nomination for President, he declined. Yes, that is right -- Donald Trump declined the Republican nomination last night. A historical first."

"RNC Chairman Reince Priebus released a statement saying: "We are deeply disappointed in Donald Trump's refusal to accept the nomination after securing the requisite number of delegates. The Trump campaign and Mr. Trump himself had assured us that he was a serious candidate which was obviously proven to be false. The RNC by-laws state that the Republican National Committee will vote on a new nominee. The meeting will be announced in the near future."

"The Clinton campaign has also responded saying Trump's withdrawal from the race only proves that Mr. Trump is a fraud and a con-man. Clinton was quoted as saying "The Republican Party has disenfranchised millions of Americans by allowing a con-man to enter the race for President, who has now dropped out.""

"Already, several people have been mentioned as filling the Republican ticket including Republican Vice-Presidential nominee Mike Pence, Speaker Paul Ryan, former Republican nominee Mitt Romney, Senator Ted Cruz and various others. None have yet announced their intentions."

July 22nd - Late Morning, a press conference in Cincinnati

"Thank you everyone for coming. I thank Donald Trump for doing the right thing for the Republican Party. Getting out of the way so we can see the principles that our party believes prevail in November. Now, we need a nominee who will bring conservative constitutional values back to our country. I am announcing today, that I will ask the Republican National Committee to consider me for the Republican nomination. I received the second most votes and delegates, and yes, we did not come out on top but I am the only person who has the infrastructure to run a national campaign. - Senator Ted Cruz

July 22nd - Noon, a press conference outside of the Governor's mansion in Ohio

"I will be going to Washington to ask the RNC to consider me for the nomination.[/i] - Governor John Kasich

July 22nd - Interview with Chris Wallace and Marco Rubio

"Will you ask the RNC to consider you for the Republican nomination? We have Senator Cruz, Governor Pence and Governor Kasich all on the record saying they will pursue the nomination."

"I dropped out of the presidential election, and now I'm focused on my Senate race, but if the RNC picked me, I would accept. I am not actively soliciting the nomination." - Marco Rubio

July 22nd - Team Clinton HQ

Clinton's campaign manager and data team sit around a messy conference room table.

"Where are Trump's voters going to go first?"

"We are putting a poll in the field. We think Johnson will get a bump as will we. We will be seen as the more serious candidate."

"The only serious candidate. The Republicans have no one. That is what the convention will be about. We are the only party that has the competence to nominate a candidate and to govern."

"When is the RNC Committee meeting?"

"We hear that they are meeting on Monday, the 25th at the earliest."
sentinel
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 03:17:13 PM »

July 23rd - Media Report

"The 168 members of the RNC executive meeting are slated to meet on Monday in Washington, DC. They have already agreed to an initial format for their meeting. First, the committee will meet and formally approve their rules for consideration of candidates. It has been proposed the committee by majority vote give an up or down vote to if a declared candidate may address the committee. Afterwards, the committee will hearing individual remarks from each candidate and have the opportunity to question them. Following that the committee will recess, then come back for discussion and potentially a vote on the nominee.

July 24th - Media Report

"The declared major candidates are as follows:

Senator Ted Cruz of Texas
Governor John Kasich of Ohio
Governor Mike Pence of Indiana
Dr. Ben Carson of Florida
Former Governor Jeb Bush of Florida
Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey
Former Representative Michelle Bachmann of Minnesota
Former Speaker Newt Gingrich of Georgia
"

"A poll conducted overnight showed Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton at 55%, Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson at 20% and Green Party nominee Jill Stein at 4%. 21% remain undecided. This poll, if the numbers hold, show a surge for Libertarian Gary Johnson pushing him 5 points over the number needed to participate in the debates."[/i]

July 25th - Press Office at the RNC

"The RNC Committee has agreed to the set of rules that was earlier reported. They have also approved to hear all of the major candidates. Once the Committee agrees to start voting, they will eliminate the worst performing candidate each round until there is a majority.

July 25th - Hours later - Anderson Cooper reporting...

"We have a senior official who handed off a rough count of the first round of voting at the RNC:

Pence: 47
Cruz: 45
Kasich: 30
Bush: 20
Christie: 12
Carson: 7
Gingrich: 6
Bachmann: 1

"If these numbers are accurate, we can expect Bachmann to be eliminated for the second ballot.
sentinel
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 03:52:29 PM »

July 25th - MSNBC

"We have live coverage for you today...simultaneously...the RNC is picking a nominee...and the Democratic Convention is hammering...hammering away at the Republican Party's lack of a nominee. Donald Trump's team has not commented since the former presumptive nominee dropped out of the race..." - Joe Scarborough

"We do have reports from Trump's former campaign officials that they were just as surprised as the rest of us were when he declined the nomination." - Mika Brzezinski

later...

Apparently after four rounds of voting, there is still no Republican nominee. Mike Pence leads Ted Cruz narrowly, with Kasich and Bush trailing behind. Christie will be eliminated after this round:

Round 4:
Pence: 50
Cruz: 48
Kasich: 33
Bush: 25
Christie: 12

RNC Chairman Reince Priebus's Office - July 25th just after Round 4 of voting

"Reince, we are going to have a contest that comes down to Mike Pence and Ted Cruz. I think Mike will pull it out and then we will have a nominee that was voted on by no one. No one."

"Mike can still win, I don't know about Ted. I agree. Our best shot is Kasich upsetting Bush and vying for a strong third..."

"It's not going to happen, we are going to be left with a nominee voted on by no one."

Round 5 Results

Pence: 50
Cruz: 48
Bush: 37
Kasich: 33

Kasich will be eliminated.

July 25th - Press Conference at the RNC

"After five rounds of voting, the committee has concluded for tonight. We are left with Governor Pence, Senator Cruz and Governor Bush. Tomorrow, the committee will hear from the final three candidates again and then will continue voting...."

Democratic National Committee - July 25th

"Did you see who the final three candidates are for the RNC's crowning of their new hand chosen nominee? Mike Pence, who was never voted for by anyone during the primaries. Ted Cruz, who is more radical than Donald Trump and would like to see a theocracy. And, Jeb Bush who received, what? 10 votes maybe? " - Democratic speaker at the convention

MSNBC- Morning of July 26th

"Mika, the NYT had a poll done with each of the potential Republican nominees...I'll read off the remaining candidates...against Jeb Bush...Clinton goes for 50% to Bush's 37% to Johnson's 12% to Stein's 1%...against Cruz...Clinton gets 52% to Cruz's 33% to Johnson's 14% to Stein's 1%...against Pence...Clinton gets 51% to Pence's 35% to Johnson's 13% to Stein's 1%..." - Joe Scarborough

Candidates speaking to the RNC Committee - July 26th

"I would pick Carly Fiorina as my running mate." - Ted Cruz

"As for my running mate, I would pick Senator Cruz. I endorsed him in the primary and I'd like his help as my Vice President. - Mike Pence

I would ask Governor Kasich to be my Vice President." - Jeb Bush

Round 6 Results - July 26th

Pence: 73
Bush: 67
Cruz: 28
(Need 84 to win)

CNN BREAKING NEWS: CRUZ OUT

"We just received word that Texas Senator Ted Cruz has been eliminated from consideration for the Republican nomination...the last two remaining candidates are Governor Mike Pence and Governor Jeb Bush...we also received word from a Bush surrogate that he would tap Governor John Kasich of Ohio to be his running mate should he win the nomination. This is far closer than Governor Bush got to the nomination than he did in the primary."

July 26th - Clinton HQ

"Do they think Cruz will be VP?"

"Would he take it after losing TWICE?

"I just hope it's not Bush/Kasich. Pence anyone and we win."

July 26th - Continued, the final vote

Pence: 98 (58%)
Bush: 70 (42%)

Moments after winning the Republican nomination...

"Hello? Ted? It's Mike Pence."

"Hello Mike, congratulations."

"Thank you."

"Listen, I endorsed you in the primary, I wouldn't want to do this with--"

"Mike, Mike. I'm happy to help your campaign, but I'm going to stay in the Senate. I don't want you to ask for something that I have to decline."

"...but Ted...with you as Vice --"

"No, Mike. I'm staying in the Senate. Look, best of luck."

Minutes before...

POLITICO BREAKING NEWS: "PENCE SECURES REPUBLICAN NOMINATION"

Minutes after...

POLITICO BREAKING NEWS: "CRUZ DECLINES VP OFFER FROM PENCE"
sentinel
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 10:57:10 AM »

July 26th - RNC Headquarters, Mike Pence & Reince Priebus

"Ted must have leaked it Mike, I'm sorry."

"It's in the past now."

"Do you have any idea of who you'll ask? We will need to roll it out quickly...we can do a formal rally after the DNC."

"I had someone else in the back of my mind, Jim Risch. A fine American, doesn't get in the spotlight too much."

Politico Breaking News Update Later on July 26th

POLITICO BREAKING NEWS: PENCE PICKS IDAHO SEN. JIM RISCH FOR VP

July 30th - CNN

"This past week we have seen dramatic changes in the race for President. Donald Trump declined the nomination, Mike Pence won the nomination and picked Jim Risch as his VP candidate which was ratified by the RNC. This all happened while the Democratic Party railed against the "chaotic" Republican Party. Hillary Clinton in her acceptance speech said the "Republican Party of Reagan, of Eisenhower, of Roosevelt, of Lincoln is gone. It has been replaced with a reality TV show. It is a shadow of it's former self. Today, we expect Mike Pence and Jim Risch to appear together in Ohio at a rally."

August 1st - RCP Aggregate Polling

Clinton/Kaine: 54%
Pence/Risch: 35%
Johnson/Weld: 10%
Stein/Baraka: 1%

if the election was still between Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton [and others] how would you vote?

Clinton/Kaine: 58%
Johnson/Weld: 21%
Trump/Pence: 20%
Stein/Baraka: 1%
sentinel
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 11:50:06 AM »

I'm going to wrap this up quickly. I've gotten bored of my own timeline Sad

September 25th - CNN Report

"Hillary Clinton has maintained her lead in national polls but Pence/Risch has proven more serious a ticket than Trump/Pence. While the Republican ticket may not appeal to the center and left, they have solidified establishment support and are developing a traditional campaign operation. Clinton's numbers have fallen since she disclosed her pneumonia. In a stunning turn of events, Gary Johnson, the Libertarian Party candidate, has been allowed into the debates having reached the 15% threshold."

The map as of 9/25/2016:

Clinton/Kaine - 347 EV. 49% in national polls
Pence/Risch - 191 EV, 33% in national polls
Johnson/Weld - 0 EV, 17% in national polls
Stein/Baraka - 0 EV, 1% in national polls

September 26th - First Presidential Debate

"What is Aleppo?" - Gary Johnson

November 8th 2016 - Election Results[/i]

Fmr. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (D-NY) / Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA) - 302 EV, 51.5% popular vote

Gov. Mike Pence (R-IN) / Sen. Jim Risch (R-ID) - 236 EV, 43.5% popular vote
Fmr. Gov. Gary Johnson (L-NM) / Fmr. Gov. Bill Weld (L-MA) - 4.7% Popular Vote
Jill Stein (G-MA) / Whatever Baraka (G-US) - 0 EV, 0.3% Popular Vote
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 09:24:56 PM »

A +8 margin would lead to NV, OH, and IA certainly going Dem, if not AZ, GA, SC, or even MT or AK. And a +16 margin would lead to a much more democratic electoral map than that...
sentinel
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 11:23:35 AM »

A +8 margin would lead to NV, OH, and IA certainly going Dem, if not AZ, GA, SC, or even MT or AK. And a +16 margin would lead to a much more democratic electoral map than that...

Whatever, I was bored with the timeline and wanted to finish it. If you don't like it, write your own.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2016, 04:36:20 PM »

I loved this. I find kinks in procedure and process to be very fascinating. Nice.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies