America's Greatness And The Rise Of The Romney Dynasty
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 09:53:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  America's Greatness And The Rise Of The Romney Dynasty
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Author Topic: America's Greatness And The Rise Of The Romney Dynasty  (Read 39844 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: September 04, 2015, 05:34:25 PM »

Very excited that this is back!
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #151 on: September 04, 2015, 05:46:17 PM »

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #152 on: September 04, 2015, 10:20:06 PM »

Thanks so much old friend.

I am very pleased to see some interest expressed.

Brings back memories.  Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #153 on: September 04, 2015, 10:22:37 PM »

Thank you.  Much appreciated.

I intend to be posting regular updates.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #154 on: September 05, 2015, 12:11:51 PM »

Two days later, the Oval Office.

President Romney, Vice President Brooke, Secretary of State Nixon, Secretary of Defense  Rockefeller, White House Chief of Staff Case, and the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

GR:  General Wheeler, what do you and your staff propose for ending our involvement in Vietnam?

GW:  Mr. President, as you know, the previous administration has had a policy of escalation.  That makes this operation all the more difficult on the one hand, but leaves us with possibly at least some more options for withdrawal.

Have a look at these maps. 

The President and his administration officials look at the maps along with the Joint Chiefs.

GW:  Mr. President, we propose that we begin the withdrawal process at this point. (pointing at the location on the map)

GR:  Excuse me General, but what about this point here for the commencement? (pointing to a different location on the map)

GW:  You know, Mr. President, that might be even better.

GR:  Ed, Dick, Nelson, what do you think?

NR:  Well, having recently returned from Vietnam, and discussing the situation with the officers, and the troops, over there, I would agree with you, Mr. President, this location seems ideal.

The rest agree.

GR:  OK then, let's proceed.  General, get me the details of how this will all work, and we will meet again in two days.

GW:  Thank you Mr. President.

GR:  Thank you General.   
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #155 on: September 06, 2015, 02:50:15 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2015, 02:53:35 PM by Lincoln Republican »

The President meets with Vice President Brooke, Secretary of State Nixon, Secretary of Defense Rockefeller,  White House Chief of Staff Clifford P Case.

GWR:  Ed, you will navigate this plan through Congress.  

EB:  On it Mr. President.  I have meetings scheduled today with Senate and House majority and minority leaders, the House Speaker, the President Pro Tem, and with the Senate and House Defense and Foreign Relations Committees.

GWR:  Great work Ed.  I knew I made the right pick with you.

GWR:  Dick, how are the talks with the South Vietnamese and the North Vietnamese coming along?

RN:  Very well Mr. President.  We have really had to push the South along, but they know we are serious.  The North knows we mean business, and have agreed to our terms.

GWR:  Great work Dick.

GWR:  Nelson, how are things coming along on the ground?  

NR:  On schedule, Mr. President.  The plan has commenced. and falling nicely into place.

GWR:  Great work Nelson.

GWR:  And don't worry about that old Communist sitting in Hanoi.  Him and I have had a little talk, and I don't think he's about to try anything.

I'm going on air in one week to explain to the American people what we are doing in Vietnam.  It's time the people were given the truth and the facts by their President, instead of empty words that have no bearing with reality.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #156 on: September 07, 2015, 11:31:34 AM »
« Edited: September 07, 2015, 11:36:16 AM by Lincoln Republican »

President Romney Speaks To The Nation From The Oval Office

Good evening my fellow Americans.

As you are aware, during the recent Presidential campaign, I pledged to bring our troops home from Vietnam.  Many of you have read in the news and seen on news programs that our administration has began this process.  As well, I have given press conferences and briefings.

So there is no misinterpretation as to the actual facts in this matter, I have requested air time to explain the details.

For some time before being sworn in, my advisors and I have been planning the best course of action.  Upon taking office, we began the actual implementation of this plan.

Since the very early days of this administration, Secretary of State Nixon has been in negotiations with North Vietnamese government officials establishing the diplomatic procedures.  Secretary of Defense Rockefeller has been meeting extensively with the Joint Chiefs of Staff and with the American officers in charge in Vietnam to determine the safest and most efficient course for withdrawal.

I myself have met personally with Ho Chi Minh, Chairman of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam, and Chairman Minh has ordered the North Vietnamese government and military to be on side.

The first phase of this plan institutes a complete and total cease fire, and a cessation of all hostilities.  

I am pleased to report that as of twelve noon eastern standard time, yesterday, the guns in Vietnam have fallen silent, our troops and the innocent people of South Vietnam are not in danger, and peace is coming to that part of the world.    

Let me be clear, the North Vietnamese government and military have been warned by me that  violation of this agreement will be met with swift and harsh retaliation.

The second phase of this plan calls for the immediate release of all American prisoners of war being  held.  This has already started.  I am pleased to report that even now, some American prisoners of war have been reunited with their families.  As well, the plan calls for the immediate release of South Vietnamese prisoners of war as well.  This is in process as I speak.  

We have offered the most endangered South Vietnamese officials and their families refuge in the United States, as their lives would be in danger should they remain in Vietnam.  We will as well be taking South Vietnamese refugees.

We will be removing from Vietnam, as much as possible, all armaments and munitions, so they will not fall into the hands of the North Vietnamese.  

The United States Ambassador to South Vietnam, Ellsworth Bunker, is overseeing the closure of the American embassy, and the removal of all data and records.

Is this plan perfect?  No.  We realize the potential consequences.  Does this plan save the lives of our American troops?  Absolutely, no doubt thousands.  And in this administration, the lives and well being of our people is foremost.

My fellow Americans, thank you, good night, and God bless America.    
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #157 on: September 08, 2015, 11:31:08 AM »
« Edited: September 08, 2015, 11:45:47 AM by Lincoln Republican »

This is NBC News.

New polling numbers about President Romney's approval ratings are out, and they are astounding.

These polling numbers are showing the President's approval ratings at 82%.  This comes after the President's address to the nation about his decision to withdraw American troops from Vietnam.

Presidential press conference the day after the President's address to the nation

Mr. President, new polling numbers are out since your address to the nation about your approval ratings showing you with an 82% approval amongst the American public.  To what to you attribute this very high approval rate?

GWR:  Well, first of all, let me say I of course find these numbers extremely gratifying.  It is clear that the American public share my view that we are going nowhere in Vietnam, in an unwinnable war, killing thousands or our young soldiers.  

Mr. President, what about the arguments of the possibility that the fall of South Vietnam will lead to a domino effect, and that Southeast Asia will then fall to Communism.

GWR:  I do not believe this will happen.  The North Vietnamese military does not have the resources nor the manpower to march into other countries in Southeast Asia and overrun them and install a Communist regime.  

This theory about Southeast Asia falling to the Communists is largely a creation of the Military-Industrial Complex, who profit from war, let me say, who profit obscenely from war.  Let me be clear, neither I nor my administration will be beholden to the Military-Industrial Complex.  My focus, and that of my administration, is on improving the lives of all Americans, not enriching the coffers of the Military-Industrial Complex, nor of any other special interest group.

Mr. President, with the withdrawal from Vietnam now well under way, do you now plan on focusing your administration more on domestic issues?

GWR:  This is a dangerous world in which we live.  I and my administration will always be diligent of what is happening in the world, and we will always be focused on the safety and security of Americans and of American interests at home and abroad.

Our work on the domestic front has been ongoing since my administration has taken office.  Clearly, it has been overshadowed by world events and by the high profile of the Vietnam conflict and of our resolution of that conflict.

Our work on the domestic front will continue apace, and yes, we shall be expediting and furthering our efforts here at home.

Ladies and gentlemen of the press, thank you for being here today.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #158 on: September 09, 2015, 06:22:54 PM »

Two days following the press conference, President Romney and First Lady Lenore Romney are at Andrews Air Force Base to personally welcome home from Vietnam two plane loads of former prisoners of war, the first two loads from the Vietnam conflict to arrive on American soil.

The following day, President Romney meets with his Chief of Staff and with the Secretary of Health, Education and Welfare, Margaret Chase Smith.

GWR: Margaret, I have been thinking for some time now that what this nation needs is a comprehensive, affordable,  and efficient universal health care plan.

I am thinking about a plan that will be funded by payroll deductions combined with government funds.  I want a plan that will not go bankrupt in a few years.

Margaret, do you believe such a plan is possible?

MCS:  Well, Mr. President, that is certainly a concept that I would support. 

GWR:  We have the majority in the House and Senate now.  This is the time to get this going.  I am confident we will be able to get support from enough Republicans combined with enough Democrats to get this through Congress.

MCS:  I agree.  I'll have my department draw up a plan for discussion.

GWR:  I would like to call this the Universal Health Care Act. 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #159 on: September 11, 2015, 11:45:12 AM »
« Edited: October 01, 2015, 10:36:49 AM by Lincoln Republican »

1972 Election

Having brought the troops home from Vietnam and ending America's involvement in the conflict, thereby restoring peace to America's cities, having brought in an affordable, efficient, and universal health care act, and having made life better for Americans, President Romney stood at approval ratings of 75-82%, and leading the election polls at 67% to 31% against any Democrat.

Nonetheless, conservative Republican Representative from Ohio, John Ashbrook, launched a candidacy for the Republican Presidential nomination.  Romney won the nomination hands down, however, President Romney made certain to thank Ashbrook publicly for the great campaign he had run for the nomination, and arranged for Ashbrook to speak at the Republican National Convention.

Due to the fact that President Romney was dominating the polls so strongly, the big names in the Democratic Party, Senator Hubert Humphrey, Senator Edmund Muskie, Senator Henry Jackson, Senator Vance Hartke, Senator Eugene McCarthy, had all declined to run for the Democratic Presidential nomination.

The winner of the nomination, almost by default, was Representative Wilbur Mills of Arkansas, the long serving Chairman of the powerful House Ways and Means Committee. In order to bring some liberal balance to the ticket, Mills picks Mayor John Lindsay of New York City for Vice President.

Ten days before the election, Mills was involved in a traffic incident in Washington, DC.  At 2 a.m., his car was stopped by U.S. Park Police because the driver had not turned on the lights. Mills was intoxicated, and his face was injured from a scuffle with Annabelle Battistella, better known as Fanne Foxe, a stripper from Argentina, who was in the car with Mills.

The Mills campaign continued its' precipitous slide from there.

Campaigning in Delaware, President Romney was asked for his comments regarding the Mills incident.  President Romney replied "I have no comment."

Campaigning in Mississippi, Vice President Brooke was asked for his comments regarding the Mills incident.  Vice President Brooke replied "I have no comment."        

President George Romney/Vice President Edward Brooke       538 EV     73% PV
Representative Wilbur Mills/Mayor John Lindsay                       0 EV      25% PV
Others                                                                                  0 EV        2% PV

President Romney and Vice President Brooke are reelected with the largest percentage of the popular vote in the history of U.S. Presidential elections, and made history as the first ticket to win all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2015, 12:59:47 PM »

A beautiful man, a beautiful map and a beautiful timeline. Please continue!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2015, 03:04:49 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2015, 03:32:00 PM by Lincoln Republican »

A beautiful man, a beautiful map and a beautiful timeline. Please continue!

Thank you my friend.

I shall continue, but I think I am a bit rusty.  I seem to have lost some of my flair for writing I had three years ago.

By the way, would there be anything for the story that you would like to see incorporated?

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #162 on: September 12, 2015, 01:32:11 PM »

Cabinet Room Post 1972 Election

GWR:  First of all, I would like to thank each of you for the great service you have given to this administration during my first term.  and I hope we will continue to be working together for the second term.

Secretary Smith, thank you so much for all the hard work you put into the Universal Health Care Act.  I see on all the news programs and amongst the public it has come to be known as Romney Care.  

(Laughs around the cabinet table)

Secretary Smith, I think with all the work you put into this we should perhaps start calling it Smith Care.

(More laughs around the cabinet table)

Secretary Nixon and Secretary Rockefeller, thank you so much, again, for your remarkable work on the Vietnam file.  Working as a team, we have shown what great work can be accomplished for this nation.

And Mr. Vice President, I cannot thank you enough for your hard work, your remarkable insight, and your non stop campaigning for our ticket across the country.

And thanks to each and everyone of you around this table for your hard work and dedication on behalf of the American people.

We have brought our troops home from Vietnam, and I see no better time to take a step I have been thinking about for some time.  I will be proposing to Congress that the Department of Veterans Affairs be granted full cabinet status.  This will better serve the needs of our veterans.

I would like to get a consensus around the table as to what the cabinet thinks of this proposal.

Mr. Vice President?

VP:  Mr. President, This is a wonderful idea.  I agree.

Rockefeller:  Mr. President, this is an idea whose time has come.

Nixon:  Mr. President, I recommend we proceed as soon as possible.

And so it goes around the cabinet table.

GWR:  Thank you all so much.  We will be contacting the key congressional leaders.

I have the ideal candidate in mind.

Now, on to other cabinet business.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #163 on: September 12, 2015, 04:21:15 PM »

Presidential Secretary:  Mr. President, your eleven o'clock appointment has arrived.

GWR: Thank you Leah. 

President:  Nice to see you.  Thank you for coming in.

Appointment:  My pleasure Mr. President.

President:  As I'm sure you are aware, I have taken the steps to make the Department of Veterans Affairs a cabinet level department, headed by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs. 

As far as I'm concerned, you are the ideal candidate to become the first Secretary of Veterans Affairs.  You have just the right resume, and the qualifications I am looking for, and I have every confidence that you will be of great service to our veterans.  So I am asking you to become Secretary of Veterans Affairs.

Appointment:  Mr. President, I am indeed gratified by your request and by the confidence you have shown in me.  I would consider serving as Secretary of Veterans Affairs as a great honor, and will accept the position in all humility.

President:  Thank you.  This is a great day for our veterans.

At this time, I would like to throw this open for discussion as to who you think the President has asked to become Secretary of Veterans Affairs, and/or as to who you would like to see become Secretary of Veterans Affairs in 1973.
Captain Chaos
GZ67
United States

« Reply #164 on: September 12, 2015, 07:43:16 PM »

My guess: John Sidney McCain, Jr.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #165 on: September 12, 2015, 08:37:09 PM »

Good guess.

Would be well qualified given future years of experience, but remember the year is 1973.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2015, 11:26:01 AM »

Thomas McIntrye
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2015, 07:48:08 PM »

Would be an excellent pick.  Perhaps I should use him.

More bipartisanship.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #168 on: September 13, 2015, 07:49:04 PM »

As a hint to who I had in mind

check my avatar.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #169 on: September 14, 2015, 12:56:15 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2015, 03:11:18 PM by Lincoln Republican »

President Romney introduces his pick to become the first Secretary of the now cabinet level Department of Veterans Affairs.

GWR:  Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for being here today on this historic occasion.

I am very pleased to introduce to you my nominee to become the first cabinet level Secretary of Veterans Affairs.  Our veterans deserve to have a government department dedicated to their needs, and the department deserves to have a dedicated, capable and hard working Secretary of Veterans  Affairs.

I am pleased to introduce to you John Chaffee, of the great state of Rhode Island, to head this department.

Mr. Chaffee comes to this nomination with a solid background of valiant and dedicated military and public service.

(details from wiki)

Mr. Chaffee interrupted his university studies to enlist in the United States Marine corps when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. He fought on the island of Guadalcanal from August until November 1942, when the First Marine Division was relieved. After receiving his commission as a Second Lieutenant, he fought in the Battle of Okinawa in the spring of 1945.

Following the war, he received degrees from Yale University in 1947 and Harvard Law School in 1950.  

In 1951, he was recalled to active service to be a Marine rifle company commander during the Korean War with the 7th Marines.

Author James Brady in his memoir of the Korean War and serving as a Marine under Chafee writes: “Nowhere, at any time, did John Chafee serve more nobly than he did as a Marine officer commanding a rifle company in the mountains of North Korea.” and that "He was the only truly great man I've yet met in my life..."

Mr. Chafee's military awards include three awards of the Presidential Unit Citation, the Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal, the World War II Victory Medal, the Korean Service Medal and the United Nations Korea Medal.

In his distinguished service in public life, Mr. Chafee has served as mayor of Providence, as a member of the Rhode Island House of Representatives, as Governor of Rhode Island for six years, and most recently he has been serving as Secretary of the Navy since 1969.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the Department of Veterans Affairs will be well served  with Mr. Chaffee at the helm.

Mr. Chaffee.

Chaffee:  Thank you so much Mr. President for your very kind words.  You have honored me greatly with the honor of being nominated to head the Department of Veterans Affairs.  I am humbled and grateful for the confidence you have shown in me.

I can assure you, Mr. President, and I can assure our veterans, and I can assure the people of this great nation, that our veterans will receive the respect, the honor, and the services and benefits they deserve and that they are entitled to.

I can think of no other public service at this time that I would rather be involved in than to be of service to our brave men and women who have served in our military forces.

You shall have my dedication as I serve in this capacity.

Thank you.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #170 on: September 15, 2015, 11:50:25 AM »
« Edited: September 15, 2015, 12:25:10 PM by Lincoln Republican »

The Oval Office July 1974

President Romney meets with Secretary of State Richard Nixon, Secretary of Defense Nelson Rockefeller, National Security Advisor Henry Kissinger, Chief of Staff Clifford P Case.

GWR:  Gentlemen, there is something I have been thinking about for some time now.  I want to make the world a safer place, while at the same time, I want to see the nations of Eastern Europe freed from the yoke of Soviet domination.  Of course, I would like to see tyranny and dictatorship eliminated throughout the world, but I believe Eastern Europe is a good place to start.

Dick, your thoughts?

Nixon:  Mr. President, the Soviets are entrenched in Eastern Europe.  Any moves by us to change the status quo could potentially be very dangerous.

Nelson?

Rockefeller:  Mr. President, I agree that Soviet domination in Eastern Europe is suppressive and counter  productive for the populations of those nations, and they should have the right to determine their own destinies.  But I must agree with Dick, the Soviet Union is a powerful force that would be problematic to any plans to change the situation.

Henry?

Kissinger:  Mr. President,  Dick and Nelson have of course raised some valid points and genuine concerns, but, and I say this in all humility, as a recognized authority in geopolitics, that day will come.

GWR:  Thank you gentlemen.  Dr. Kissinger, I agree that day will come, and I intend to give it a little push.

Dick, get in touch with Gromyko, and arrange a summit meeting between myself and Brezhnev.

Nixon:  Right away, Mr. President.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #171 on: September 16, 2015, 02:21:28 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2015, 10:54:49 PM by Lincoln Republican »

President George Romney of the United States of America and General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party Leonid Brezhnev of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics hold a Summit Conference in Oslo, Norway.

Also in attendance are United States Secretary of State Richard Nixon, United States National Security Advisor Henry Kissinger, Soviet Foreign Minister Andrei Gromyko, as well as other United States officials from the Department of State and other Soviet Officials from the Soviet Department of Foreign Affairs.

Through interpreters:

President Romney:  Mr. General Secretary, the winds of change are blowing across Eastern Europe.  The people of the Soviet Satellite States want to have the freedom to determine their own destinies.  I am telling you, Mr. General Secretary, that this is happening now, and will continue to happen, and continue to spread, and grow like a wild fire, until it has engulfed all of the nations in Eastern Europe that are now under Soviet domination.  It will come to a point, Mr. General Secretary, that the Soviet Union will lose all control of events.

I would also say to you, and to your government, and to your people, here in the Soviet Union, that the day is coming, in the not too distant future, where the various Republics now comprising the Soviet Union will begin to clamor for their independence as well.

My advice to you, Mr. General Secretary, is to get on board with these events before they engulf you and your government, and your nation.  

History will not stand still, for no man, nor for no nation.

General Secretary Brezhnev:  Mr. President, I must say that I am surprised by your very blunt remarks, while at the same time I will say that I admire your courage to be so forthcoming and direct.

The peoples of the Soviet Union and of our allies in Eastern Europe are totally dedicated to our system of government and enjoy a very high standard of living.  They are completely happy with their lives.

President Romney:  General Secretary Brezhnev, the standard of living amongst the Satellite States is decades behind that of North America and behind that of Western Europe.  Mr. General Secretary, you know this as well as I do.  You are fooling no one, and certainly you are not fooling the people of the Satellite States.

General Secretary Brezhnev: (noticeably irritated) President Romney, how dare you come to meet me here in Oslo and insult me and the people of the Soviet Union and our allies in such a manner?

President Romney:  Secretary Brezhnev, I have the facts and figures right here in front of me, released by your own government, giving the GDP, average incomes, costs of goods and services, goods and services that are available, etc, etc, etc.  Do you dispute these statements?

General Secretary Brezhnev:  (by now almost furious) Mr. President, I will not sit here and be insulted in that manner.

President Romney:  Answer the question Mr. Brezhnev.  Do you agree with these statistics provided by your own government?

General Secretary Brezhnev: (furious) This meeting is over.  

President Romney:  Mr. Brezhnev, you should know, the West will not stand idly by should the Soviet Union employ brute force in the Satellite States.

General Secretary Brezhnev:  Good day Mr. President.

The Soviet delegation stomps out of the conference room.

President Romney: Dick, Henry, thank you for lying the ground work for allowing me to get the Western European leaders, Canadian Prime Minister Bob Stanfield, and Japan on side with support for my plan.  We're going to need it.  (Romney says with a smile)  

Now I've got to give Nelson a call.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #172 on: September 16, 2015, 06:23:09 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2015, 06:30:54 PM by Lincoln Republican »

A brief but important flashback

George W Romney was a very ambitious man, and had set his sights at an early age on an executive business career and on political leadership, both of which he was able to achieve at very high levels.

As central to his plans, he saw a university education as a great asset, and determined that a degree in law would be the most useful post secondary education to fit in with his future plans.

In 1925, his senior year in high school, he met and fell in love with Lenore LaFount, and they became high school sweethearts.

In 1929, Lenore moved with her family to Washington DC, where her father, Harold LaFount,
had accepted an appointment by President Calvin Coolidge to serve on the Federal Radio Commission.

To be near Lenore, Romney moved to Washington DC, and began studies at George Washington University Law School in 1929.  

His father, Gaskell Romney, was Governor of Utah at the time.

George Romney and Lenore LaFount married in 1931.

Romney graduated from George Washington School of Law in 1933.

His father was Secretary of the Treasury in the Franklin D Roosevelt cabinet at the time.

George Romney worked very hard at his studies, and was able to graduate in the top five percent of his law class.  His concentration was in corporate law.

George Romney wanted to be on an equal footing educationally and academically with the well educated business and political figures he planned on one day working with on a daily basis.  Therefore, he was very focused on his studies.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2015, 08:21:47 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2015, 10:22:47 PM by Lincoln Republican »

On Air Force One, President Romney puts in a call to Secretary of Defense Nelson Rockefeller.

GWR:  Hello Nelson, how is it going on your side of the Atlantic?

Rockefeller:  Just great Mr. President.  Nice to hear from you.  

GWR:  Is everything in place with our allies?

Rockefeller:  Yes Mr. President.  Everything has fallen into place very nicely.

GWR:  Good to hear, Nelson.  Thank you for all your hard work in helping me get so many world leaders behind me.  I'm en route to West Berlin and should arrive there in about an hour.

Rockefeller:  Looking forward to your appearance via live TV coverage.

GWR:  Thanks Nelson.  See you tomorrow.

Air Force One touches down in West Berlin, and President Romney and his entourage make their way to the Berlin Wall.

Millions are lining the route, cheering on the President, and millions more are waiting at the Berlin Wall for the arrival of the President.  

The President disembarks from his vehicle and makes his way to the special stage and podium in front of the Berlin Wall.

GWR:  Thank you so much for that overwhelming welcome.  I am both humbled and gratified with all this support.

Countless thousands of you have family and friends on the other side of this wall (pointing to the wall).  Millions of Eastern Europeans are living under Soviet oppression.  As I told Soviet Leader Brezhnev (boos from the crowd at the name Brezhnev) the winds of change are sweeping across Eastern Europe.  They want, and they deserve, the right to enjoy a decent standard of living, and they want and they deserve the right to determine their own destinies.

Change is coming, and it will not be denied.

Mr. Brezhnev, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL! (acknowledgement to RWR)

Deafening cheering from the crowds.

Immediately after the speech, the President and his entourage make their way to the air field, board Air Force One, and make their way back to the United States.

Upon the arrival of the President to DC, millions of Americans are out across America, welcoming him home, and cheering for him and for the message of freedom he has delivered to Eastern Europe, and to the entire world.  

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2015, 08:29:00 PM »

President Romney Purple heart
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to: