America's Greatness And The Rise Of The Romney Dynasty
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:25:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  America's Greatness And The Rise Of The Romney Dynasty
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Author Topic: America's Greatness And The Rise Of The Romney Dynasty  (Read 39800 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: June 04, 2016, 12:07:57 AM »

I have really enjoyed this, probably more than anyone else on here. Smiley

I hope you continue, Winfield. I'm excited to see President Mitt Romney emerge! Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #226 on: September 23, 2016, 12:41:03 PM »

Senator Mitt

Senate President:  The floor recognizes the honorable Senator from the state of Massachusetts.

Senator Romney:  Thank you Mr. President.  It is my great honor to have been elected by the good people of Massachusetts to represent them in this great American democratic body. 

Let me begin by paying tribute to my predecessor as Massachusetts Senator, Ted Kennedy.  He has served our state and our nation well and faithfully for many years, and deserves our thanks and gratitude.  He has worked hard for our state and our nation, and I publicly thank him for his service.

It is a great honor for me, as well, to be serving in the United States Senate, as a place where my mother, Lenore Romney, served so capably for six years, 1979-1985 as the Senator for the great state of Michigan.  Thank you mom for your dedication and hard work for the people of Michigan and for the people of this nation.

It will be my goal during my time in this legislative body to bring forth what I believe will be positive and meaningful legislation and reform for the people of Massachusetts and for the people of America.

A domestic priority for me will be health care.  And when I say health care, I mean meaningful, comprehensive, affordable health care, health care that does not recognize, and that does not discriminate, based on economic  or social status, and that does not discriminate for any other reason.  Nobody in this country should have to go without the best medical care possible, from birth, to childhood, to young adulthood, to adulthood, to the twilight years of one's life.  I believe this should be a right for all Americans, not a privilege available to those only who have the means.

Along this line, I also envision social programs in this nation that provide the necessary help to those who, at times in their lives, need help.  These programs are to be based on need and are to be available to all who need these services, regardless of social status or sexual orientation.

I speak, for example, of an expansion in this nation of facilities equipped to provide meals to the homeless, of facilities equipped to help in a very meaningful way battered spouses, shelters for adults and children to help them reestablish themselves in society.  I am speaking of after school care, breakfast and lunch programs in those areas where they are required.  No child should have to go hungry to school or to be in a situation where they do not have after school care  where none is being provided. 

I want to see day care expanded and improved.  Those who can pay for day care will pay for it, those who cannot afford day care will be helped.

I propose a restructuring of America's tax policy where the wealthy will pay their fair share of tax, and where taxes are fair and reasonable across the board. 

Having been a CEO for many years, I have seen where waste can be eliminated and where efficiency can be improved.  These programs of which I speak are possible my friends.  All it takes is fairness, work, and determination.

So I am asking my fellow colleagues in this legislative body to join me in getting these programs moving, less talk and more action.

Thank you Mr. President for allowing me this time to put forth some of my intended reforms. 

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #227 on: September 24, 2016, 06:14:15 PM »

Senator Romney today, President Romney tomorrow! Excited to see whether he runs for reelection in 2000...or something else. Wink
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies