The Political Spectrum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:59:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  The Political Spectrum
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you agree with the one below?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: The Political Spectrum  (Read 1285 times)
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 17, 2011, 01:18:32 AM »

Lol, no.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 02:33:38 AM »

I think there is more government control in the US than was stipulated by the original US constitution. And I think that stipulates more government control than anarchy. So, yes, I suppose.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 07:21:19 AM »

It's a vast oversimplification.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 08:40:17 AM »

Assimilating the left to totalitarism and the right to anarchy is hilarious for anyone who has a basic knowledge of history. It's easy to understand that both the right and the left, with their diversity, can cover the entirety of this spectrum.

It's true however that there is far more government today than in 1788, but that's merely a result of the political system adapting to evolution of the social/economic situation. Anarchy was far more affordable in the XVIIIth than it would today.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 09:56:07 AM »

I think there is more government control in the US than was stipulated by the original US constitution. And I think that stipulates more government control than anarchy. So, yes, I suppose.

The point is moreso is "more government control" the sole issue that defines left and right. Do you agree with that rather mocked comment by Zarn "The bigger the government, the more left wing it is"?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 11:13:59 AM »

KIRK & MADSEN 101
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 03:16:16 PM »

Was the slavery-condoning Constitution that much closer to anarchy than totalitarianism or am I just imagining things?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 06:25:24 PM »

Probably put up by a Conservative or Libertarian Conservative. Left does not equal tyranny and Right does not equal Anarachy. That's taking the economic dimension of the Nolan Chart and saying that's all there is.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 07:59:39 PM »

Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 05:06:51 AM »

This model is flawed on so many levels that I do not even want to spend time thinking about it. Squinting

My initial reaction was something along the lines of what Cathcon mentioned though.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 06:14:38 PM »

The point is moreso is "more government control" the sole issue that defines left and right. Do you agree with that rather mocked comment by Zarn "The bigger the government, the more left wing it is"?

Lol. For some reason I missed the part where it said left and right. Yeah, it's stupid.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 11:23:34 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2011, 01:57:11 AM by Brother Bilo »

Sounds like this stupid girl in college who wrote an editorial in the paper. Her political chart was-

0------------------------0-------------------------0----------------------------0-----------------------------0
Communism           Liberalism                 Moderates                  Conservatives           Libertarians

We, at least the Democrats in the College of Law, thought she was in school pursuing her MRS degree.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 09:15:19 AM »

Sounds like this stupid girl in college who wrote an editorial in the paper. Her political chart was-

0------------------------0-------------------------0----------------------------0-----------------------------0
Communism           Liberalism                 Moderates                  Conservatives           Libertarians

We, at least the Democrats in the College of Law, though she in school pursuing her MRS degree.

Words fail me here.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 11:00:46 AM »

We, at least the Democrats in the College of Law, thought she was in school pursuing her MRS degree.

LOL. So Bill Maher would have to put himself on the far-right.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 11:35:43 AM »

LOL. So Bill Maher would have to put himself on the far-right.

Not anymore.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 01:01:03 PM »

Eliminate the references to "left" & "right" at the bottom, move the two lines closer together, & I can rather agree with it. Of course, that would contradict the agenda of whomever created that graph.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 05:42:44 PM »

As I keep saying there is no political in America right now that loves ´government´ more than the so-called Libertarians. It´s that they see ´the State´as opposed to ´government´ which drives so much of their animus (Yes, there is a distinction).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies