Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 09:53:43 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  International Elections (Moderator: Hashemite)
| | |-+  France 2012: the official thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 87 Print
Author Topic: France 2012: the official thread  (Read 127873 times)
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: April 03, 2012, 04:18:03 am »
Ignore

It's somewhat amusing to see American Republicans cheer on someone who openly supports Obama. Wink
Hashemite
YaBB God
South Africa

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -7.30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1701 on: April 03, 2012, 08:12:46 am »

A map of who signed for who (also includes the party affiliation of the elected official who signed)...

http://owni.fr/2012/04/01/app-quel-candidat-votre-elu-a-t-il-parraine/

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: April 03, 2012, 09:55:55 am »
Ignore

It's somewhat amusing to see American Republicans cheer on someone who openly supports Obama. Wink

My comments aren't cheering; they are a prediction. I've soured on Sarkozy since 2007 anyway (though I obviously prefer him to Hollande).

Never any doubt.
You kip if you want to...
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: April 03, 2012, 09:57:10 am »
Ignore

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-04-03/hollande-widens-second-round-lead-over-sarkozy-poll-shows-1-.html

Hollande ahead 28-27 in the premier tour and extending he lead to 56-44 in the deuxieme tour. As I type this, i'm listening to Hollande attacking Melenchon (or, atleast, dissuading left voters from making a protest vote for him), live in Blois. Finally a change of strategy?

No idea why the Hollande campaign uses Daily Motion over Youtube though.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:02:05 am by I'm Mitt Romney and I like grits »Logged

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: April 03, 2012, 11:22:03 am »
Ignore

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-04-03/hollande-widens-second-round-lead-over-sarkozy-poll-shows-1-.html

Hollande ahead 28-27 in the premier tour and extending he lead to 56-44 in the deuxieme tour. As I type this, i'm listening to Hollande attacking Melenchon (or, atleast, dissuading left voters from making a protest vote for him), live in Blois. Finally a change of strategy?

So, we have 56% according to BVA, 55% according to IPSOS, 54% according to LH2, 53.5% according to IFOP and 53% according to Harris. Looks like the uncertainty is increasing again.

HashCAN     americans saw the EP elections and people cringing at Europeans being morons and electing Nazis; so they massively said "NO" and decided to prove that they're still bigger morons

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: April 03, 2012, 11:34:55 am »
Ignore

I had a dream last night in which Sarkozy popped up and the number "48%".

Don't know though if this is from a future poll or the election night result, or nothing at all.
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: April 03, 2012, 11:37:28 am »
Ignore

I had a dream last night in which Sarkozy popped up and the number "48%".

Don't know though if this is from a future poll or the election night result, or nothing at all.

If the final result is 52/48 (whoever the winner is) I will curse you.

HashCAN     americans saw the EP elections and people cringing at Europeans being morons and electing Nazis; so they massively said "NO" and decided to prove that they're still bigger morons

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: April 03, 2012, 01:16:01 pm »
Ignore

Are there any polls on who would win in a Melenchon-Le Pen second round? (Obviously not a possibility, but still).

Thank you, Mr. President.
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: April 03, 2012, 01:19:50 pm »
Ignore

Are there any polls on who would win in a Melenchon-Le Pen second round? (Obviously not a possibility, but still).

French pollsters don't have much imagination. But my guts say Mélenchon would win with around 54-55. "La bête immonde" still scares more people than "le couteau entre les dents" (for now).

big bad fab
filliatre
Moderators
YaBB God
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: 4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: April 03, 2012, 03:43:54 pm »
Ignore

So, we have 56% according to BVA, 55% according to IPSOS, 54% according to LH2, 53.5% according to IFOP and 53% according to Harris. Looks like the uncertainty is increasing again.

IPSOS and IFOP are the best, so I guess it's still 54 Wink

Enjoy the French elections !
Enjoy polling analysis !
Enjoy my tracker !

http://sondages2012.wordpress.com/
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: April 06, 2012, 11:46:02 am »
Ignore

change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: April 06, 2012, 04:53:47 pm »
Ignore

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/nicolas-sarkozy/9189231/Francois-Hollande-would-destroy-Frances-economy-within-two-days-Nicolas-Sarkozy-claims.html

Someone's been stealing from David Cameron's "a re-elected Labour government would turn us into Greece" playbook.

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: April 06, 2012, 04:55:30 pm »
Ignore

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/nicolas-sarkozy/9189231/Francois-Hollande-would-destroy-Frances-economy-within-two-days-Nicolas-Sarkozy-claims.html

Someone's been stealing from David Cameron's "a re-elected Labour government would turn us into Greece" playbook.

The European right brought us into this sh*t and now they claim they're the only ones who can save us. How lame.

change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: April 06, 2012, 04:59:06 pm »
Ignore

The European right brought us into this sh*t and now they claim they're the only ones who can save us. How lame.

I know right. If Hollande's campaign is even half good, they'll take such an accusation by the neck and tells voters that France's only in such a state because of Sarko and the Right who've been there for the past 17 years.

Right-wing governments really take things to a new low when it looks like they'll lose. I'm just waiting for Sarko's "New Labour, New Danger" moment.

Swedish Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: April 06, 2012, 05:10:02 pm »
Ignore

European consensus brought the crisis. The left-wing goverments in Spain and Britain did no better when they were still in office.

change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: April 06, 2012, 05:13:17 pm »
Ignore

European consensus brought the crisis. The left-wing goverments in Spain and Britain did no better when they were still in office.

The same Merkel-Sarko-Rajoy-Cameron-Monti consensus is making the problem worse and not better though, to be fair.

Beet
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: April 06, 2012, 05:14:32 pm »
Ignore

Yup, that is why Le Pen and Melenchon are the only true alternatives, and Melenchon is the only left-wing alternative. Sarkozy and Hollande are separated only by cosmetic differences, for most intents and purposes. The primary benefit of a Hollande victory for the left-wing would be to show that they can actually win somewhere significant. There is no real benefit for the right-wing except to further demoralize the European left; they would probably be better off in the opposition anyhow.

change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: April 06, 2012, 05:17:27 pm »
Ignore

Yup, that is why Le Pen and Melenchon are the only true alternatives, and Melenchon is the only left-wing alternative. Sarkozy and Hollande are separated only by cosmetic differences, for most intents and purposes. The primary benefit of a Hollande victory for the left-wing would be to show that they can actually win somewhere significant. There is no real benefit for the right-wing except to further demoralize the European left; they would probably be better off in the opposition anyhow.

I sort've agree. This one "one voice, one solution, ignore everything else" mentality of the big EU governments is doing none of us any good. I want to see Hollande elected for various reasons, but the most pressing reason now is so as to get more voices round the table.

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: April 06, 2012, 05:21:46 pm »
Ignore

I sort've agree. This one "one voice, one solution, ignore everything else" mentality of the big EU governments is doing none of us any good. I want to see Hollande elected for various reasons, but the most pressing reason now is so as to get more voices round the table.

European leftist have surely their fair share of repsonsibility, for utterly giving up to the neoliberal right in the past two decades. However, while I don't know if the European left will save Europe, what I know for sure is that with the European right, Europe is screwed. Hollande might not be what we need today, but it's the only realistic possibility we have to avoid the worse.

(of course, Hollande alose is useless, so we have to pray for Italy and Germany as well, in 2013).

change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: April 06, 2012, 05:24:45 pm »
Ignore

European leftist have surely their fair share of repsonsibility, for utterly giving up to the neoliberal right in the past two decades. However, while I don't know if the European left will save Europe, what I know for sure is that with the European right, Europe is screwed. Hollande might not be what we need today, but it's the only realistic possibility we have to avoid the worse.

(of course, Hollande alose is useless, so we have to pray for Italy and Germany as well, in 2013).

Lest we forget the UK in 2015.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1720 on: April 06, 2012, 05:46:41 pm »
Ignore

Which crisis do you mean? Half the problem is that there's more than one, even if they're related.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: April 07, 2012, 05:05:34 am »
Ignore

(of course, Hollande alose is useless, so we have to pray for  Germany as well, in 2013).
Unless something really major happens to the SPD - either a dramatic turnaround and policy renewal or a wholesale collapse - fuggeddaboudit.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: April 07, 2012, 05:07:08 am »
Ignore

Which crisis do you mean? Half the problem is that there's more than one, even if they're related.

The key of the problem is, IMO, the lack of coordination in economic policies at the European level. In short, we need EuroBonds to end the debt crisis once forever, and we need a pan-european stimulus bill to restore growth.

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: April 07, 2012, 05:08:31 am »
Ignore

(of course, Hollande alose is useless, so we have to pray for  Germany as well, in 2013).
Unless something really major happens to the SPD - either a dramatic turnaround and policy renewal or a wholesale collapse - fuggeddaboudit.

Even if we don't get a fully left-wing coalition, getting rid the FDP will be a great step forward nonetheless.

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: April 07, 2012, 06:03:21 am »
Ignore

Not much of one in regard to Crisis politics. Sad

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 87 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout