Lugar says he's running for reelection in 2012
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:57:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Lugar says he's running for reelection in 2012
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Lugar says he's running for reelection in 2012  (Read 3523 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 19, 2011, 04:17:37 AM »

link:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/18/AR2011011803530.html
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 09:09:22 AM »

Extremely old news. He said this months ago. Already working on petitions. I have several nearby if any Hoosier wants one. Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 02:39:08 PM »

Extremely old news. He said this months ago. Already working on petitions. I have several nearby if any Hoosier wants one. Smiley

It's January...of 2011. Who the hell is working on petitions for a 2012 race?  Tongue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 07:02:38 PM »

It's January...of 2011. Who the hell is working on petitions for a 2012 race?  Tongue

Anyone with an eye on a likely competitive Spring 2012 primary.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 11:52:25 PM »

Anyone with an eye on a likely competitive Spring 2012 primary.

That doesn't mean preparing for petitions.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 10:47:29 AM »

Hopefully he'll be reelected.  He's one of the best Republicans in the Senate.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 12:19:00 PM »

Do tea partiers have the numbers in Indiana to take out Lugar? I belive Indiana has an open primary, so indies voting would save him.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 12:25:14 PM »

Endorsed.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 12:40:54 PM »

Hopefully he'll be reelected.  He's one of the best Republicans in the Senate.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 12:44:53 PM »

Awesome!! He is indeed one of the best Republicans in the Senate, and one of the best Senators, period.  He has a solid head on his shoulders.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 04:01:17 PM »

Godspeed, Senator Lugar.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 02:24:08 PM »

Do tea partiers have the numbers in Indiana to take out Lugar? I belive Indiana has an open primary, so indies voting would save him.

We are a closed primary. If Tea Partiers put up somebody that's really strong we might. If one of either Hostettler, Walorski (unless she decides to rematch Donnelly), or State Senator Mike Delph.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 05:09:02 PM »

We are a closed primary. If Tea Partiers put up somebody that's really strong we might. If one of either Hostettler, Walorski (unless she decides to rematch Donnelly), or State Senator Mike Delph.
No we aren't. Unless the rules changed just in the past few weeks, we have an open primary. I remember it well, because during the 2010 primary campaign, we made calls to Independents and even some "soft" Democrats.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 01:48:18 AM »

anyone here old enough to remember when he was first elected? I was born in the 80s, so I don't remember. I believe he unseated Vance Hartke in 76, who, until then, was the luckiest senator ever.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 07:53:49 AM »

anyone here old enough to remember when he was first elected? I was born in the 80s, so I don't remember. I believe he unseated Vance Hartke in 76, who, until then, was the luckiest senator ever.

Lugar also ran in 1974 but lost to Birch Bayh.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 12:33:41 AM »

I remember when Lugar was elected mayor of Indianapolis. Sad
timothyinMD

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 02:19:32 PM »

Lugar need to get the hell out of the Senate.  He has been there way to long. 

Cannot stand career politicians.  I am rooting for him to lose the primary.  That old windbag..
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 08:14:37 PM »

Cannot stand career politicians.  I am rooting for him to lose the primary.  That old windbag..

Yes, yes, yes, we get it, you can yell and name-call.  Word of advice, if you want to be taken seriously (i.e., not have everyone assume you're a troll) you've got to show that you are capable of respectful/civil discussion.  With all due respect, when you make posts like this and the one in which you said liberals have "personality cults" and had "an orgasm over Robin Caranahan," you come across as immature and mean-spirited (among other things).  I'm pretty sure we disagree on a lot politically, but that's not what bothers me.  What bothers me is that you can't seem to express your views without insults (insults are, imo at least, one of the more intellectually lazy ways to criticize those you disagree with).  You're new so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that you're not a troll or something like that and I hope you have a lot to contribute to the forum, but it shouldn't be too much to ask that you do it without the name-calling and insults. 

Now that that's out of the way, welcome to the forum!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 09:22:12 PM »

I love this. Sacrifice one of the best Senators because he's here "too long".
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 09:36:34 PM »

The State Treasurer, Richard Mourdock, is apparently planning on challenging Lugar in the primary.
timothyinMD

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 09:58:58 PM »

Yes, yes, yes, we get it, you can yell and name-call.  Word of advice, if you want to be taken seriously (i.e., not have everyone assume you're a troll) you've got to show that you are capable of respectful/civil discussion.  With all due respect, when you make posts like this and the one in which you said liberals have "personality cults" and had "an orgasm over Robin Caranahan," you come across as immature and mean-spirited (among other things).  I'm pretty sure we disagree on a lot politically, but that's not what bothers me.  What bothers me is that you can't seem to express your views without insults (insults are, imo at least, one of the more intellectually lazy ways to criticize those you disagree with).  You're new so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that you're not a troll or something like that and I hope you have a lot to contribute to the forum, but it shouldn't be too much to ask that you do it without the name-calling and insults. 

Now that that's out of the way, welcome to the forum!

That was a good laugh, especially considering that immature, mean-spirited name calling and character besmirching have been the MO of the American left for years now.

And frankly, I don't care how I come across to you.  I wasn't yelling or hollering.  I was expressing my strong dissatisfaction with these career politicians on both sides.

The only reason all you Democrats are hailing Lugar as "one of the best Senators" is because he is a liberal to moderate Republican. 

I'm not new, I've been on this forum off and on for years.  I prefer to inject some humor into what is a dry topic at times.  Sadly, liberals tend to be humorless.  Democrat indeed did go orgasmic over Robin Carnahan.  They thought she was one of the best Senate recruits ever because she was a woman and had a political name.

And again, Democrats are obsessed with cults of personality.  Another plain fact.   The debate that took place proved it.  No one was talking about issues, they were only talking about personalities.

Obama is nothing but one.  Ideologically he is no different than every other far left liberal in this country.  They fell for him because of his "charisma" and "personable" disposition.

Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade.  Lugar is an old windbag who has been in the Senate too long now.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 10:05:33 PM »

Out of curiousity, Timothy, did you support O'Donnell over Castle in the 2010 Delaware Senate Primary?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 07:02:16 PM »

I'm not new, I've been on this forum off and on for years.

Really?  Because apparently you registered yesterday.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 03:49:24 AM »

I'm not new, I've been on this forum off and on for years.

Really?  Because apparently you registered yesterday.

He's been banned several times is what he means.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 06:32:48 AM »

The only reason all you Democrats are hailing Lugar as "one of the best Senators" is because he is a liberal to moderate Republican. 

Lugar is not a liberal.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies