Wanna get America going again? Pay the poor! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:55:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Wanna get America going again? Pay the poor! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wanna get America going again? Pay the poor!  (Read 2017 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« on: January 21, 2011, 11:50:08 PM »

Obviously. How many GM cars is Paris Hilton going to buy? Extreme wealth inequality is innately bad for America on so many different levels.

We've been over this many times before.  The US already has the most progressive tax system in the developed world, with the rich paying far more than their fair share compared to other OECD countries.   Attempts to punish the so-called rich in the name of "extreme" wealth inequality that doesn't exist will do no good.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 12:24:55 AM »

Obviously. How many GM cars is Paris Hilton going to buy? Extreme wealth inequality is innately bad for America on so many different levels.

We've been over this many times before.  The US already has the most progressive tax system in the developed world, with the rich paying far more than their fair share compared to other OECD countries.   Attempts to punish the so-called rich in the name of "extreme" wealth inequality that doesn't exist will do no good.
I can say anything I want to if I just plug my ears and pretend the problem at hand doesn't exist!

You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.  The fact is that income inequality in the US is about average for developed countries, and the so-called rich in the US (top 10% of earners) pay the highest share of taxes of any developed country.   Even the poor are pretty rich in the US, especially when compared to countries like Brazil and Mexico.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies