Jake Matthews for Northeast Assembly.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:13:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Jake Matthews for Northeast Assembly.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Poll
Question: If the Northeast Assembly Election were to be held today, would you consider voting for Jake Matthews?
Yes

No

Maybe

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Jake Matthews for Northeast Assembly.  (Read 9006 times)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 23, 2011, 10:01:14 PM »
« edited: January 24, 2011, 10:12:51 PM by Jake Matthews for NE Assembly »

*PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS THREAD WILL NOW BE MY CAMPAIGN HEADQUARTERS AND I WILL LODGE SPEECHES, ANNOUNCEMENTS AND POLLS HERE INSTEAD OF STARTING NEW THREADS*

Hi, My name is Jake Matthews and I'm running for Northeast Assembly. Although I'm relatively new to the forum, I feel I have enough experience around the forum to be able to run for office. I have many ideas to help improve the Northeast Region. Firstly, I believe the Northeastern Government should be more transparent. If I am elected to the Assembly, I will release a new statement each week about the concerns of Northeast citizens. During the six days before the statement, I will go around the forum and ask Northeastern citizens about their concerns and how they believe the region could be improved. If elected, I will also work extremely hard to make sure that the Government serves the public, not the other way around. I am looking forward to your suggestions and hopefully your vote. Thanks very much.

-Jake Matthews
Populares Party (POP) Candidate for Northeast Assembly

If you would like to know where I stand on a specific issue, just post a reply and I'll answer you ASAP.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 10:04:59 PM »

I feel like I'm in Groundhog Day...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 10:11:55 PM »

Didn't you make a topic almost identical to this a few days ago?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 10:14:26 PM »

I did, but it drifted off into the second page and I like to have an active campaign.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 10:16:28 PM »

Who are you really?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 10:22:23 PM »

I did, but it drifted off into the second page and I like to have an active campaign.
You can always bump it. Wink

Anyways, do you believe the number of representatives should be reduced to ensure more competitive elections?
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 10:24:29 PM »

Please don't tell me you're accusing him of being a sock.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 06:53:21 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't believe that we should begin to reduce the number of representatives. The constituancy amongst the regions, at times, may feel misrepresented and reducing the number of representatives does not help that cause.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 10:11:33 PM »

Hello all, Jake here again. Today, I'm here to give my official endorsement for the Presidency of Atlasia. The candidate I have endorsed has been a mentor to me ever since I arrived here on the forum. He and his vice Presidential nominee are both honest, caring leaders of their respected regions. Their leadership knows no boundaries, their hearts know no evil. The ticket I have endorsed may be the best one in the history of Atlasia. I'll cut to the chase, I hereby officially endorse, with great pride, the Tmthforu94/Dallasfan65 ticket for the Presidency of Atlasia. I am so excited for election day to come, so I can contribute to the election of these two fine men. See you all on election day!]

-Jake Matthews
Populares Candidate for Northeast Assembly.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 10:13:08 PM »

Hello all, Jake here again. Today, I'm here to give my official endorsement for the Presidency of Atlasia. The candidate I have endorsed has been a mentor to me ever since I arrived here on the forum. He and his vice Presidential nominee are both honest, caring leaders of their respected regions. Their leadership knows no boundaries, their hearts know no evil. The ticket I have endorsed may be the best one in the history of Atlasia. I'll cut to the chase, I hereby officially endorse, with great pride, the Tmthforu94/Dallasfan65 ticket for the Presidency of Atlasia. I am so excited for election day to come, so I can contribute to the election of these two fine men. See you all on election day!]

-Jake Matthews
"I look inside myself and see my heart is black."

But thanks, nevertheless. Smiley
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 10:17:15 PM »

-Jake Matthews
"I look inside myself and see my heart is black."

But thanks, nevertheless. Smiley

Bonus points for quoting the Stones.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 10:25:52 PM »

While we have very different views, and I can't see myself endorsing you, you clearly are very enthusiastic, I admire that and the game needs that... assuming it's tempered by pragmatism and a willingness to compromise and find middle-ground where possible... something which might be slightly lacking by some in your party.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 10:28:57 PM »

While we have very different views, and I can't see myself endorsing you, you clearly are very enthusiastic, I admire that and the game needs that... assuming it's tempered by pragmatism and a willingness to compromise and find middle-ground where possible... something which might be slightly lacking by some in your party.

I'd be very open to working with the next Governor elect of the NE, whether it be your administration or someone else's. I feel politics should be put aside when it comes to improving the quality and simplicity of life for every citizen of Atlasia.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 04:02:42 PM »

Hello everyone. Today I am going to announce who I am supporting in the Northeastern Gubernatorial Race. The candidate I am supporting is not one that necessarily agrees with me on most issues, but I feel he would be a better Governor. This candidate is an active member of the forum with bipartisan tendancies that is crucially needed in a transition from Governor Han's administration to the next Governor's administration. The candidate I am supporter believes what he believes and does not succumb to opposition. But enough of my mindless chatter. The man I have decided to support in the Northeast Gubernatorial Race is Polnut. Now, while I and Polnut are not politically identical, I feel he is the most active candidate in the race and I look forward to working with his administration when and if we both get elected. This was a tough decision, but I needn't worry and you shouldn't either, Polnut is not only a fantastic person, but also a fantastic candidate and will be a fantastic Governor. Thank you for your time.

-Jake Matthews
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 06:15:27 PM »

I wasn't quite expecting this, but thank you very much for you support.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2011, 06:19:14 PM »

I wasn't quite expecting this, but thank you very much for you support.

I won't lie, it was a very difficult decision. But I decided that you would be a more effective Governor.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 03:23:05 PM »

My fellow Atlasians,

Today is a dark day in our nation. As many of you have already heard, there was an explosion at the GTO building in Nyman. I am unaware of any causalities, but for those who have been lost, the thoughts and prayers of myself and my supporters are with you. I can speak for all of us when I say that this is an unspeakable tragedy and if anyone in particular is responsible for this crime, they will be brought to justice. I am following the lead of Governor Tmthforu and suspending my campaign until further notice. I am deeply saddened that this horrible event had to occur. I will do all in my power to work with the victims' families in recovering from this unspeakable act and I plan to travel to Nyman, arriving sometime tonight. In the next few days, I ask that anyone who visits this thread please consider leaving messages of condolences for the victims' families, which I will then relay to the families themselves, so they know that they have support. In all of our future endeavors, we must act like we are not a nation divided, for a nation divided cannot stand, we must act like a nation conjoined, regardless of politics. Again my sorrows and condolences go out to the families of the victims' families in this dark hour of despair.

With warm regards and unequivocal thanks,

-Jake Matthews

Populares Party candidate for Northeast Assembly.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 06:06:11 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2011, 09:39:43 AM by Jake Matthews for NE Assembly »

My fellow Atlasians,

As many of you read in my previous post, I am traveling to Nyman right now to personally assess the damage done and begin to work with citizens and their families in recovering from this great tragedy. As soon as I arrive in Nyman, I am scheduled to meet with a family whose son is reported missing. I expect to arrive in Nyman sometime within the next 30 minutes and will most likely be there for the next two to five days. As for the upcoming elections, for those who are unaware, I have suspended my campaign indefinitely, effective immediately in order to focus my full attention on handling this crisis. It will be a long road to recovery, but it is my greatest hope that Atlasia will pull through this tragedy with flying colours, like the nation we are. In this hour of great sorrow, I ask that instead of bickering over politics and responsibility for this crime, that we all join together in praying for those missing, injured and dead, as well as the victims' families. I will most certainly relay condolences to the families, from all of us.

Many thanks,

-Jake Matthews
Populares Party candidate for Northeast Assembly
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 09:32:27 AM »

My fellow Atlasians,

I arrived in Nyman last night at around 6:40 PM (EST) and checked in immediately at my hotel. I then met with a family whose son is reportedly in critical condition. The family, including the man's mother and younger sister, were incredibly shaken. The boy's father was quiet and was clearly upset, but didn't want to show emotion. I told the family that they are in the thoughts and prayers of all of my supporters, as well as everyone else in Atlasia. The mother told me "We are immensely grateful for their support in this dark hour and we are encouraged by how many people are sending their thoughts." I then began to ask the family if there was anything they needed, I would do the best in my power to bring it back. The younger sister said with tears in her eyes "Bring my brother back!" the mother began bawling, as well as the sister. Even I got a bit choked up. The family thanked us for our time and support and they told me that I have given the family confidence by telling them of all of your support. I left their home around 9:50 PM (EST) after meeting with them for nearly three hours. I then checked in with my campaign manager, Ronnie Sharp, to see if there were any developments in the story. He said that there are several injured and a select few in critical condition, which made my stomach turn because I had just met with a family of one of those "select few". Ronnie reported no deaths, but he said he had nothing more for me. I arrived back at my hotel after grabbing a quick meal at a local restaurant. I fell asleep around 11:50 PM (EST) and thus concluded my first day in Nyman. Today I plan to meet with at least two more families and tomorrow I plan to meet with at least three families. I will make sure to send them all your condolences and prayers. I thank you all for being here and I will continue to post updates, so you may know how the families are feeling after this tragedy.

With many thanks,

-Jake Matthews
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 01:01:52 PM »

My fellow Atlasians,

As I was leaving the home of the second family I've met on my trip to Nyman, I heard of the death of Millie Cooper. I was immediately stricken with grief and sorrow, for I was expecting to meet with Millie's family sometime tomorrow afternoon. I then recieved a call from my campaign manager, Ronnie Sharp, telling me that my meeting with the Coopers had been cancelled after the news. I was blown away by the death of Millie and my thoughts and prayers are with her family. In the following days, I expect to meet with up to five families and I expect to return home to Trenton on Sunday, January 30th. As for the next couple of days in Nyman, I will meet with more families and I will continue to send them your condolences. It's a tragedy that this woman needed to be lost and although it is a tragedy that Millie is gone, we should continue to pray that no more lives are lost. Millie's death is one too many. I thank you for your support as I continue to meet Nyman families whose relatives are missing.

With regards,

-Jake Matthews
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 04:47:11 PM »

My fellow Atlasians,

I have met with two families so far today and I expect to meet with one more around six o'clock PM (EST) tonight. Of the two families I have met with today, they both asked me to relay their utmost thanks and appreciation to all of you for your prayers in this moment of sorrow. I would like to announce today that, even though I have not had my mind on it very much since arriving here in Nyman, that my campaign will resume activity as of five PM (EST) on Sunday January 30th 2011. I also plan to begin touring around the region upon my return, I have already scheduled stops in Trenton, Newark, Philadelphia, New York City, Buffalo, Portland, Boston, Wilmington, Providence and Concord. I plan to announce more stops in other cities upon my return. This tour will be carried out by the official Jake Matthews for Assembly Bus that has been donated to us by our friends at Goreman Auto Company in Trenton, New Jersey. I plan to begin this bus tour on February 2nd and finish the night before the election. A full list of tour dates will be posted in the coming days.

Many thanks and may God Bless,

-Jake Matthews
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 08:20:00 PM »

My fellow Atlasians,

I have concluded another day here in Nyman meeting with the families of the missing and injured. Just about six minutes ago, I left the home of Brenden and Margaret Mackey, whose son Robert is missing after the attack. Mr. and Mrs. Mackey, like all the families I have met with, were very grateful for your support and condolences. During this meeting, I received a message from my campaign manager, Ronnie Sharp, that there was a report that a man named Robert or Bob that was found in the rubble at the GTO, but he could not confirm his last name. It has been a very solemn couple of days here in Nyman, as the city attempts to pick up the pieces after this attack. I plan to meet with two families tomorrow, two families on Saturday and one more on Sunday, before returning home to Trenton, where I will begin to start campaign activity once again. I will be releasing the full schedule of my bus tour around the Northeast sometime either tomorrow afternoon or Saturday morning. I am still working out details of the tour, but I can assure you that I will be stopping in every state in the Northeast. I thank you for your support and I will continue to relay your condolences to the families of the victims. It is my honour to represent all of you in this time of sorrow.

With many thanks and blessings,

-Jake Matthews
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2011, 11:21:37 PM »

OFFICIAL JAKE MATTHEWS FOR NORTHEAST ASSEMBLY BUS TOUR SCHEDULE:

February 2nd - Trenton, NJ, Goreman Auto Company, 10 AM (EST)
February 3rd - Newark, NJ, United Civics Center, 3 PM (EST)
February 4th - Dover, DE, Morton Community Library, 5 PM (EST)
February 5th - Wilmington, DE, Wilmington Performing Arts Center, 1 PM (EST)
February 6th - Philadelphia, PA, University of Pennsylvania Campus, 2 PM (EST)
February 7th - New York City, NY, Big Apple Point, 5 PM (EST)
February 8th - Buffalo, NY, Pittman Theater, 3 PM (EST)
February 9th - Boston, MA, Boston Fire Company, 3 PM (EST)
February 10th - Providence, RI, Rhode Island Center For Local Activism, 2 PM (EST)
February 11th - Concord, NH, Harold H. Mickens Community Library, 3 PM (EST)
February 12th - Portland, ME, Maine Libertarian Caucus, 2 PM (EST)
February 13th - Montpelier, VT, Brian J. Smith Community Library, 2 PM (EST)
February 14th - Hartford, CT, Hartford Center, 4 PM (EST)
February 15th - Pittsburgh, PA, David P. Smith Elementary School, 11 AM (EST)
February 16th - Syracuse, NY, University of Syracuse Campus, 3 PM (EST)
February 17th - Bayonne, NJ, Bayonne Performing Arts Theater, 4 PM (EST)
February 18th - Trenton, NJ (ELECTION DAY)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2011, 08:17:01 AM »

My fellow Atlasians,

Last night I officially reported my Assisstant Public Relations Manager, Mitchell Devereaux, missing. This morning, when I woke up, I was told that Mitch had been found alive underneath some rubble. It was quite a shock and we were all very concerned for Mitch's well being. As you can understand, Mitch will be taking an extended hiatus from the campaign, but we expect him to return in time for the latter dates of our bus tour. I expect to meet with two more families today, two tomorrow and one more on Sunday before returning home to Trenton on the 30th. I am scheduled to meet with a family at 11 o'clock AM (EST) and conclude at about 1 o'clock PM (EST), I will then meet with the second family at about 4 o'clock PM (EST) and will conclude around 6 o'clock PM (EST). It has been a wonderful experience meeting these families and I feel stronger as a person because of it. It is also my honour to be representing not just my supporters, but all of the citizens of the Northeast and Atlasia overall.  I will continue to post updates about my meetings.

Many thanks,

-Jake Matthews
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2011, 01:53:10 PM »

My fellow Atlasians,

I have just concluded meeting with another family, whose husband is missing after the explosion. I just recently learned that the explosion was caused by a truck bomb that detonated near the building. When I met with the family, the man's husband, who would like to remain nameless, asked me to tell you all exactly this: "This is a battle that has just begun for us and I thank you all for your support, but we must focus on winning this battle, this battle is going to claim lives but there is no justice without sacrifice [sic]" Clearly this is a woman distraught who wants revenged on RoN. I can assure you all that under my watch as assemblyman, RoN will not get away with this. As for the recent discovery of Mitch Devereaux, he is in serious condition at a local Nyman hospital, but Mitch has assured us that he will be able to continue working sometime around February 9th. I thank you all for your support and generosity as I encounter this endeavor. The seriousness of this event is indescribable by anything other than the damage done to the GTO building, which is incredible. We must work together to stand up again as a nation. I know we can.

With regards,

-Jake Matthews
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies