Jake Matthews for Northeast Assembly.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:16:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Jake Matthews for Northeast Assembly.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Poll
Question: If the Northeast Assembly Election were to be held today, would you consider voting for Jake Matthews?
Yes

No

Maybe

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Jake Matthews for Northeast Assembly.  (Read 9004 times)
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2011, 08:43:15 PM »

Bump.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2011, 09:22:58 PM »

Fellow Atlasians,

I just want to put out a little statement, I am NOT in any way associated with Teddy, so could everyone please stop accusing me of such.

Regards,

-Jake Matthews
Write-In Candidate for Northeast Senate and Populares Party candidate for Northeast Assembly
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2011, 10:27:32 AM »

Camera shows shots of people with their heads in their hands, headlines from newspapers reading "Unemployment skyrocketing"

Hi, I'm Jake Matthews and I'm running for Senate. In these troubled times, we can't trust RowanBrandon. His record of innactivity and faulty "leadership" leads us to believe that he would not be an effective senator. Even those who don't support me admit to my immense enthusiasm. I have a desire to make this nation even greater. I may not be experienced, I may not have years of knowledge under my belt, but I've got good ideas and I'm ready to learn. I'm Jake Matthews and I approve this message because I'm ready to make Atlasia better. Is Rowan?

Jake Matthews for Senate Banner appears at the bottom of the screen
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2011, 05:19:07 PM »

My fellow Atlasians,

I'd like to start by wishing you all a very happy Valentine's Day! I just wrapped up my speech at the Hartford Center in Hartford, CT, where I made the official announcement that I'd be running for Senate. I am glad to see such enthusiasm on this campaign trail, it truly makes me smile. Hope to see you all on Election Day!

Regards,

-Jake Matthews
Populares Party Candidate for Northeast Senate and Northeast Assembly
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2011, 05:33:36 PM »

Wait..wha?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2011, 05:34:20 PM »

I know... it just happened...
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2011, 05:37:57 PM »

I talked with some members of the Populares Party and they convinced me to run for Senate.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2011, 06:00:09 PM »

I talked with some members of the Populares Party and they convinced me to run for Senate.

Wormy doesn't want it now?
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2011, 06:02:59 PM »

Nope.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2011, 06:04:37 PM »

I never wanted it, I just thought it would be bad for our party to go without a candidate.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2011, 06:16:11 PM »

I never wanted it, I just thought it would be bad for our party to go without a candidate.

Hence the reason I'm running Afro
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2011, 08:58:07 PM »

Commercial starts with Jake Matthews talking to construction workers, flashes to Jake

Hi, I'm Jake Matthews and I'm running for Senate because I care about creating jobs. It is in the spirit of Atlasia to be prosperous and free and creating jobs contributes to both of those ideas. In order to create jobs, we must encourage our citizens to find jobs and we must encourage industry. Now, regardless of your political beliefs, you can agree that we need jobs to have a well-run economy. I propose we cut taxes on businesses and offer tax incentives to businesses that do create jobs, it's a step in the right direction. I'm the only candidate in this race offering real solutions, I'm the only candidate in this race with the enthusiasm to create a better Atlasia and I'm the only candidate in this race who is running on a platform of creating jobs, cutting taxes and creating smaller Government. If you're ready for real change, I'd like to be your senator.

Jake Matthews for Senate Banner flashes across bottom screen
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2011, 09:42:04 PM »

Isn't efficient government better than small government? You can have incompetent small government too you know... it's an ideological myth that 'small government' is more efficient...
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2011, 09:47:34 PM »

Isn't efficient government better than small government? You can have incompetent small government too you know... it's an ideological myth that 'small government' is more efficient...

But how is big government, which costs endless amounts of money to maintain, more efficient?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2011, 09:56:42 PM »

But how is big government, which costs endless amounts of money to maintain, more efficient?

That's actually the basis for the myth.

Because big government is seen as expensive (which it usually is) and inefficient (which is often not the case - the expensive = inefficient myth too) - the presumption is that therefore smaller government, which is cheaper, will be more efficient.

As I've said throughout my campaign, if there's a good government program which is providing good outcomes for our citizens, I'm happy to keep it as it is, big or small - and anything which isn't working, or has no promise to work should be scaled back, re-directed or ended.

I would ask all of those who chant 'small government' to really consider the example I presented in my speech, is it better to have 10 or 50 people with their eyes closed putting in a lightbulb.... the answer is it doesn't matter, in both cases the end result will be broken glass on the floor.

The issue should be how well it works, not the superficialities of size.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2011, 10:01:43 PM »

I dont like big government, but dont try and shut down the Internal Affairs office, I need this paycheck.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2011, 10:02:02 PM »

Oh no, I completely agree. Some Government programs are necessary, but I'm a supporter of saving the taxpayers a much money as possible, therefore I guess support the least expensive, most efficient Government possible, big or small.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2011, 10:04:07 PM »

Oh no, I completely agree. Some Government programs are necessary, but I'm a supporter of saving the taxpayers a much money as possible, therefore I guess support the least expensive, most efficient Government possible, big or small.

At least you don't subscribe the extremists views that Government is inherently bad and that the law of the jungle should prevail. 
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2011, 10:04:16 PM »

I dont like big government, but dont try and shut down the Internal Affairs office, I need this paycheck.

Roflolol
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2011, 10:07:20 PM »

At least you don't subscribe the extremists views that Government is inherently bad and that the law of the jungle should prevail. 

I think Government is needed, it helps maintain civil obedience and pass laws that people request, but as soon as Government stops doing just that, then that's when I oppose Government, large or small.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2011, 12:30:31 AM »

I would ask all of those who chant 'small government' to really consider the example I presented in my speech, is it better to have 10 or 50 people with their eyes closed putting in a lightbulb.... the answer is it doesn't matter, in both cases the end result will be broken glass on the floor.

Polnut doesn't care about large numbers of blind people cutting their foot on glass!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2011, 12:32:38 AM »

Polnut doesn't care about large numbers of blind people cutting their foot on glass!

Scandal...
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2011, 12:46:52 AM »

That metaphor makes absolutely no sense at all, but obviously the best results would be with one person screwing in the lightbulb, or (even better), screwing in your own damn lightbulb.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2011, 01:04:16 AM »

That metaphor makes absolutely no sense at all, but obviously the best results would be with one person screwing in the lightbulb, or (even better), screwing in your own damn lightbulb.

It's the eyes-closed element that's important...
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2011, 01:21:46 AM »

It's the eyes-closed element that's important...

That makes even less sense, but even so one person with his eyes closed can screw in a lightbulb better than any multiple of one person.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies