Jake Matthews for Northeast Assembly.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:20:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Jake Matthews for Northeast Assembly.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Poll
Question: If the Northeast Assembly Election were to be held today, would you consider voting for Jake Matthews?
Yes

No

Maybe

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Jake Matthews for Northeast Assembly.  (Read 9017 times)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2011, 02:38:31 PM »

My fellow Atlasians,

My day at David P. Smith Elementary school in Pittsburgh, PA commenced around 1:30 EST today. I spoke for roughly and hour and hung around a little longer to speak to some of the faculty. It was quite an amazing experience to get to see all those bright, young faces as they prepared for another day at school. I was greeted with banners, cards and even baked goods welcoming my arrival, it was fantastic. I hope to see you all on the rest of my tour dates (check my schedule if you need to know where and when I'll be some place) but at any rate, see you on election day!

Regards,

-Jake Matthews
Populares Party candidate for Northeast Assembly and Senate
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2011, 02:56:31 PM »

Two newspapers are shown side by side, Headline 1 reads "Gunman kills three" while Headline 2 reads "Burglar kills elderly man in robbery"

Hi, I'm Jake Matthews. In our society, there's a lot of confliction about guns, trust me, I've personally experienced it. But I've come to the conclusion that, while guns can be dangerous, it is a person's right to own guns. It is only when the irresponsible get ahold of guns that a problem arises, so here's what I propose: We keep guns fully legal, but we tighten restrictions and make background checks far more extensive. We must also propose that every gun sold in Atlasia be equipped with a safety lock. We have to be more responsible, so the people can as well. If you feel that safety and responsibility coincide with rights, I want to be your senator. I'm Jake Matthews and I approve this message.

Jake Matthews for Senate banner flashes to bottom of the screen
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2011, 08:03:17 PM »

My fellow Atlasians,

I just contacted several members of many different parties on the subject of creating a budget for the Northeast. This was the message I sent:

Fellow Northeasterners,

It is today that I have decided that I want to, with all of your help, create a budget for the Northeast. I am following the example of Mideast Governor A-Bob, who recently drafted a budget for his region. With the help of Governor Han, we will determine how much money the region takes in yearly, which will help us create the budget. We all come from different political parties, we all have different beliefs but we all have one common goal: To make the Northeast region the best that it can be. I have decided to form the Northeast Budget Caucus (NEBC) in which citizens may voice their opinions on what Government should and shouldn't spend money on, as well as political leaders coming up with ideas for the budget. I have worked on every footnote, such as when budgets will be released, what Government will do with surplus money and how we can, in the the process, become a stronger region. We cannot this in a partisan fashion, we must all work together to reach a concensus. I know this is a long road, but I'm willing to do all the math to the last detail. It is in my desire to create a more efficient Northeast Government that I ask all of you to join me. I will be creating a thread for the NEBC sometime either later today or tomorrow so we can get the ball rolling.

Regards,

-Jake Matthews

I hope that you, the citizen, will join me in perfection this budget to create a better Northeast Region.

May God bless you and your family,

-Jake Matthews
Populares Party Candidate for Northeast Senate and Assembly
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2011, 04:47:57 PM »

My fellow Atlasians,

I just wrapped up at the University of Syracuse, which is my second visit to a school in as many days. Friends, with election day fast approaching, we can not afford to joke around. We must elect leaders who will get the job done and get the job done right and I believe that I am the only candidate in this race that will do just that. Tomorrow's my last stop on my bus tour, see you all there!

Regards,

-Jake Matthews
Populares Party Candidate for Northeast Senate and Assembly
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2011, 05:52:27 PM »

Commercial starts with excerpts of Jake Matthews speech to elementary school students in Pittsburgh, PA

"...Which is why we must encourage students to be the best they can be every day. We must assist children when they cry for help, we must be there for our nation's youth, so when we grow old, our nation's youth will be there for us. I'm not here to preach my political views, I'm here to thank all of these fantastic teachers for helping guide our nation's future scientists, doctors, lawyers and such in the right direction, God bless you all!"

Camera flashes to Jake

Hi, I'm Jake Matthews. I believe that education should be a top priority for our incoming Government, which is why if I am elected to the Senate, I will be working with our new Governor-elect on finding ways to increase the quality of education that your children receive. I will propose a piece of legislation to increase our education spending in areas that need it, such as funding inner-city school districts to help round out our entire nation. If you share my belief that the future of our nation should be dealt with right now, in the right way, I want to be your Senator.

Jake Matthews for Senate banner flashes to the bottom of the screen.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2011, 06:13:34 PM »

For what it's worth:

Endorsed for an Assembly seat.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2011, 06:20:17 PM »

For what it's worth:

Endorsed for an Assembly seat.

But not for Senate? Haha Tongue
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2011, 06:39:29 PM »

Sorry. I already cross party endorsed for President. Can't burn too many bridges. Wink
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2011, 06:47:26 PM »

Sorry. I already cross party endorsed for President. Can't burn too many bridges. Wink

Haha it's no big deal Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2011, 09:31:39 PM »

Serious Question:
If elected to the Senate, will you continue to sign your name at the bottom of most of your posts?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2011, 09:36:50 PM »

Serious Question:
If elected to the Senate, will you continue to sign your name at the bottom of most of your posts?

Nah, signing my name is a thing I like to do to make speeches and announcements more formal, but if elected to the senate, my signature (the one with all the signs in it) will be changed to be a lot smaller.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2011, 09:38:47 PM »

Serious Question:

Nah, signing my name is a thing I like to do to make speeches and announcements more formal, but if elected to the senate, my signature (the one with all the signs in it) will be changed to be a lot smaller.
Thank you.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2011, 05:19:53 PM »

My fellow Atlasians,

I just wrapped up at the Bayonne Performing Arts Center in Bayonne, NJ. This is it everybody, it's Federal Election Day. Make sure you take a few minutes to stop at the voting booth and cast your vote! Whether it be for Rowan, Eraserhead or myself, you should fulfill your patriotic duty and voice your opinion! See you all tomorrow for local elections! I'll be back in Trenton around 8 o'clock tonight.

May God Bless

-Jake Matthews
Populares Party candidate for Northeast Senate and Assembly
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2011, 05:32:14 PM »

..and you took back your endorsement of me...

Ah well...
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2011, 05:47:54 PM »

Ah well...

I'm sorry, it's nothing personal, it was really a difficult decision.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2011, 06:06:24 PM »

Ah well...

Lol, I understand in Atlasia, it's often either someone from your party or someone who actually campaigned for the position.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2011, 06:09:19 PM »

Ah well...

Lol, I understand in Atlasia, it's often either someone from your party or someone who actually campaigned for the position.

But we got lucky this year, because whoever wins the election, we still get a great Governor Smiley
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2011, 06:10:53 PM »

Ah well...

But we got lucky this year, because whoever wins the election, we still get a great Governor Smiley

Not at all.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2011, 06:11:54 PM »

Ah well...

Anyone want to put odds on whom Polnut will vote for for senate?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2011, 06:12:55 PM »

Ah well...

Anyone want to put odds on whom Polnut will vote for for senate?

I'd put money on Eraserhead, considering he's said in the past that I'm not experienced enough to be a Senator Tongue
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2011, 06:14:08 PM »

...and what was that?
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2011, 06:22:22 PM »

Well, at least we have proof now that you're a liar about being in favor of "activity."  Not surprising, given that you've been missing an increasing number of assembly votes, been opening/closing nearly every vote late, not participating in debates, and have even given up your "active" campaign.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2011, 06:26:46 PM »

Well, at least we have proof now that you're a liar about being in favor of "activity."  Not surprising, given that you've been missing an increasing number of assembly votes, been opening/closing nearly every vote late, not participating in debates, and have even given up your "active" campaign.

Now, now...let's not start anything...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2011, 06:33:29 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2011, 06:35:20 PM by Fmr Gov, NE Rep. Polnut »

I beg your pardon

a) Liar is a strong word and I strongly urge you to reconsider it, I know jugular politics is how you like to handle things, but not me.

My support for Rowan is based on the fact that he has been active in the Assembly, is not unable to shift from an ideological bog. I didn't vote for Eraser because I was somewhat disappointed by his activity and while I admire Jake's enthusiasm, I thought it would be better if had a bit more experience in Atlasia, and I plan on voting for him in the Assembly.

Also, I would really appreciate that if you wanted to run for Governor, or Senator, you should have done it. I admit that I was less active on the campaign trail as I was handling other issues... but where has your candidate been on the trail... at all?

b) I missed onevote, because I was ill

c) and the time difference is sometimes problematic for so yes there are slight delays.... which is part of the reason I have proposed a deputy speaker who can step in when necessary.

So next time have something constructive to say.

Jake -- I apologise that your thread was hijacked by this... I have no intention of continuing this, he made accusations I needed to address.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2011, 06:43:50 PM »

Now, now. I'm ending this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to: