Jake Matthews for Northeast Assembly. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:59:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Jake Matthews for Northeast Assembly. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If the Northeast Assembly Election were to be held today, would you consider voting for Jake Matthews?
Yes

No

Maybe

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Jake Matthews for Northeast Assembly.  (Read 9133 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: January 24, 2011, 10:25:52 PM »

While we have very different views, and I can't see myself endorsing you, you clearly are very enthusiastic, I admire that and the game needs that... assuming it's tempered by pragmatism and a willingness to compromise and find middle-ground where possible... something which might be slightly lacking by some in your party.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 06:15:27 PM »

I wasn't quite expecting this, but thank you very much for you support.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 05:34:20 PM »

I know... it just happened...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 06:00:09 PM »

I talked with some members of the Populares Party and they convinced me to run for Senate.

Wormy doesn't want it now?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 09:42:04 PM »

Isn't efficient government better than small government? You can have incompetent small government too you know... it's an ideological myth that 'small government' is more efficient...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 09:56:42 PM »

Isn't efficient government better than small government? You can have incompetent small government too you know... it's an ideological myth that 'small government' is more efficient...

But how is big government, which costs endless amounts of money to maintain, more efficient?

That's actually the basis for the myth.

Because big government is seen as expensive (which it usually is) and inefficient (which is often not the case - the expensive = inefficient myth too) - the presumption is that therefore smaller government, which is cheaper, will be more efficient.

As I've said throughout my campaign, if there's a good government program which is providing good outcomes for our citizens, I'm happy to keep it as it is, big or small - and anything which isn't working, or has no promise to work should be scaled back, re-directed or ended.

I would ask all of those who chant 'small government' to really consider the example I presented in my speech, is it better to have 10 or 50 people with their eyes closed putting in a lightbulb.... the answer is it doesn't matter, in both cases the end result will be broken glass on the floor.

The issue should be how well it works, not the superficialities of size.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 10:04:07 PM »

Oh no, I completely agree. Some Government programs are necessary, but I'm a supporter of saving the taxpayers a much money as possible, therefore I guess support the least expensive, most efficient Government possible, big or small.

At least you don't subscribe the extremists views that Government is inherently bad and that the law of the jungle should prevail. 
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 12:32:38 AM »

I would ask all of those who chant 'small government' to really consider the example I presented in my speech, is it better to have 10 or 50 people with their eyes closed putting in a lightbulb.... the answer is it doesn't matter, in both cases the end result will be broken glass on the floor.

Polnut doesn't care about large numbers of blind people cutting their foot on glass!

Scandal...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 01:04:16 AM »

That metaphor makes absolutely no sense at all, but obviously the best results would be with one person screwing in the lightbulb, or (even better), screwing in your own damn lightbulb.

It's the eyes-closed element that's important...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 05:32:14 PM »

..and you took back your endorsement of me...

Ah well...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 06:06:24 PM »

..and you took back your endorsement of me...

Ah well...

I'm sorry, it's nothing personal, it was really a difficult decision.

Lol, I understand in Atlasia, it's often either someone from your party or someone who actually campaigned for the position.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 06:14:08 PM »

...and what was that?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 06:33:29 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2011, 06:35:20 PM by Fmr Gov, NE Rep. Polnut »

Well, at least we have proof now that you're a liar about being in favor of "activity."  Not surprising, given that you've been missing an increasing number of assembly votes, been opening/closing nearly every vote late, not participating in debates, and have even given up your "active" campaign.

I beg your pardon

a) Liar is a strong word and I strongly urge you to reconsider it, I know jugular politics is how you like to handle things, but not me.

My support for Rowan is based on the fact that he has been active in the Assembly, is not unable to shift from an ideological bog. I didn't vote for Eraser because I was somewhat disappointed by his activity and while I admire Jake's enthusiasm, I thought it would be better if had a bit more experience in Atlasia, and I plan on voting for him in the Assembly.

Also, I would really appreciate that if you wanted to run for Governor, or Senator, you should have done it. I admit that I was less active on the campaign trail as I was handling other issues... but where has your candidate been on the trail... at all?

b) I missed onevote, because I was ill

c) and the time difference is sometimes problematic for so yes there are slight delays.... which is part of the reason I have proposed a deputy speaker who can step in when necessary.

So next time have something constructive to say.

Jake -- I apologise that your thread was hijacked by this... I have no intention of continuing this, he made accusations I needed to address.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 07:16:06 PM »

You fought hard and by the looks of it, came very close.

You'll be in the NE Assembly and that's an achievement you can be proud of.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 10:24:16 PM »

This kind of the problem with Atlasia... we need people who want to actually govern, rather than just campaign... Tongue

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 10:30:58 PM »

This kind of the problem with Atlasia... we need people who want to actually govern, rather than just campaign... Tongue

I'm very willing to Govern! But when it comes to this race, I realize I have no shot at winning. Actually, I'm kind of entering because I'm scared of Jasengle winning. But if I do (by some miracle) win, I'd take my duties seriously.

Well Jasengle is a formidable political machine...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 08:31:54 PM »

You have my full support.

Hopefully you have better luck than I did Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length