Will you watch the SOTU and what channel will you watch it on?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:44:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will you watch the SOTU and what channel will you watch it on?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes, I'll watch it all.

Yes, maybe I'll peek in on it.

No, not gonna do it.

CBS/ABC/NBC

PBS

MSNBC

FNC

CNN

Other (specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Will you watch the SOTU and what channel will you watch it on?  (Read 2593 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2011, 05:09:32 PM »

I imagine I'll watch it with Jim Lehrer or not watch it at all.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, 05:26:42 PM »

I'll quickly switch over to MSNBC afterwards to hear the Obama Love Fest.

Because MSNBC has never criticized Obama.

Well to be fair, Maddow and the other MSNBCers has a tendancy to forget all their critizism once Obama says something that is somewhat-progressive or manages to get the most minor-Democratic legislation passed, and he's suddenly super-man all over again. 

As someone who watches MSNBC on a regular basis I don't have a clue what you're talking about. "Maddow and other MSNBCers" consistently criticize Obama and other Democrats nearly as often as they do Republicans. Maddow occasionally recounts passed legislation and it's effects and potential benefits, but she's only really doing that because virtually no one outside blogs actually seem to pay enough attention to focus on the ins and outs of legislation at all. But she and others certainly never lose sight of criticizing Obama relentlessly.

Assuming for argument's sake that Maddow and the MSNBC crowd criticizes Obama and the dems nearly as much as the real bad guys...I highly doubt that they really get the same treatment.

I'm guessing that when Obama strays, Maddow and the gang criticize him in the same manner a parent disciplines a child...yes it might be painful, yes it might be harsh...but at the end of the day, mommy and daddy still love their babykins.  They will still tear the friggin face off anyone who really tries to harm them...a la the GOP.

I thought you were J.J. at first. I was going to be a bit more harsh until I saw who you actually were. Tongue

You're right they obviously don't shred the Democrats in the same manner they do the GOP, though Maddow has come close in her criticism of Bayh and Lieberman, but that's really to be expected. Maddow comes from a liberal angle, she's openly admitted she's a liberal on her show before. It's just the viewpoint she comes from. She will always, from that view, see the Democrats as the lesser of two evils and stick with them over the Republicans, but I don't think that necessarily means she adores Democrats.

I won't deny that MSNBC has a left-wing tilt, but it's unfair to compare MSNBC to Fox News, is all I hate. Fox News almost never attacks Republicans in the manner that MSNBC goes after Democrats. Fox News is also far more inaccurate and twisted than MSNBC is, I think. MSNBC is left-wing overall and Fox is right-wing for sure. But that doesn't mean they're equally biased, equally wrong, or equally sycophantic.

The biggest difference in my mind, is that Fox seems to have an outright agenda in their reporting, which I don't think MSNBC does, they're just slanted slightly one way.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 05:30:16 PM »

Do people really have to do a double take to make sure I'm not someone else?

(no disrespect to others...just bitching about my street cred again.)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 05:54:34 PM »

I'll watch bits of it.  I always get drawn in.  I'll almost definitely probably watch it on ABC.  Just a habit from growing up with ABC.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, 07:03:05 PM »

Haven't watched SOTU in many years now.  Puts me to sleep and generally means nothing.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 08:21:27 PM »

Do people really have to do a double take to make sure I'm not someone else?

(no disrespect to others...just bitching about my street cred again.)

Your post brought a smile to my face Blue Pennsylvania Guy.

For a while, it seemed like half the regular posters were sporting a blue PA shield.  You, Supersoulty, Keystone Phil, JJ, and that other guy all got mixed up in my mind.  Eventually they added that flag feature, and the matrix score feature, and signatures got more complicated, and so you became distinguishable.  I guess I could have just glanced at the username, but what fun is that?

Still, you're the only one who's a complex carbohydrate, so you're special.  Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2011, 08:23:37 PM »

The Pennsylvania Republican - A mighty force
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2011, 08:25:08 PM »

Pennsylvania Republicans represent!
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2011, 08:34:58 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2011, 08:38:04 PM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

Streaming from CSPAN online.  Makes me wonder why America is so in love with bipartisanship.

Also, it's extremely strange to see Senators chatting and mingling.  Just saw Rand Paul and Al Franken joking together - mind**** moment for me.Tongue
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2011, 09:02:59 PM »

Streaming from CSPAN online.  Makes me wonder why America is so in love with bipartisanship.

Also, it's extremely strange to see Senators chatting and mingling.  Just saw Rand Paul and Al Franken joking together - mind**** moment for me.Tongue
I heard somewhere that they have become friends.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2011, 09:06:28 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2011, 09:08:47 PM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

Also, it's extremely strange to see Senators chatting and mingling.  Just saw Rand Paul and Al Franken joking together - mind**** moment for me.Tongue
I heard somewhere that they have become friends.

Shocked *mind blown*
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies