Office of Imperial Speaker Yelnoc
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:16:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Imperial Speaker Yelnoc
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Office of Imperial Speaker Yelnoc  (Read 2395 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2011, 06:21:34 PM »
« edited: February 01, 2012, 09:31:18 PM by Yelnoc »

After being elected to my third term in office I should open one of these up.  Sorry to everyone about missing the vote; I've been busy.  The fact that I finished last in the vote tally despite being the only active legislator for the past four months or so is quite embarrassing.  If anyone has any problems with me or my actions in the government please voice them here.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 05:45:58 PM »

My reelection to the Speakership has proceeded uncontested.  Here's to hoping this legislative session will be more active than the last.

If you are an IDS citizen that does not hold any office, please strongly consider running for Viceroy (Lt. Governor) in the upcoming election.  The position is currently vacant and we are desperately looking for someone to fill the void.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 06:06:46 PM »

Mr. Speaker, it is an honor to serve the southeast and it's citizens once again. I look forward to working with yourself and everyone else to improve our region. I am happy we have a competent speaker like yourself
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 10:39:30 PM »

Mr. Speaker, it is an honor to serve the southeast and it's citizens once again. I look forward to working with yourself and everyone else to improve our region. I am happy we have a competent speaker like yourself

Thank you very much.  I am glad to be working with people such as yourself.

In other news, the Jurisdiction of the Viceroy and Imperial Speaker Act just passed and is awaiting the signature of Emperor PiT.  I am curious as to why Darth GPORTER indicated that he supported the bill and then voted against it without giving any indication as to why. 

I am interested in convening a constitutional convention for the Imperial Dominion of the South to straighten the constitution out, which suffered after the change from a ballot initiative to representative form of government before my time and to update the wiki.  Who's with me?
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 07:02:10 PM »

In other news, the Jurisdiction of the Viceroy and Imperial Speaker Act just passed and is awaiting the signature of Emperor PiT.  I am curious as to why Darth GPORTER indicated that he supported the bill and then voted against it without giving any indication as to why. 

I am interested in convening a constitutional convention for the Imperial Dominion of the South to straighten the constitution out, which suffered after the change from a ballot initiative to representative form of government before my time and to update the wiki.  Who's with me?

Well I agree with the Wiki, but I like the current form of government we have now
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 07:27:14 PM »

Well I agree with the Wiki, but I like the current form of government we have now
I don't want to change the form of government but a lot of what we take for granted is not codified in the constitution.  The recent bill was an attempt to rectify some of that, though I still believe there is a lot of work to be done.  A constitutional convention would give us all something to do and make it an open process.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 01:22:23 PM »

We're off to find the Budget, The Wonderful Budget of Ours
We hear its a bit of a fudge, if ever a budget there was
If ever oh ever a budget there was, The Southern Budget is one because
Because, because, because, because, because
Because of the wonderful things it does
We're off to find the Budget, The Wonderful Budget of Ours
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 06:55:01 PM »

And now it begins.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 06:17:40 PM »

I'm taking today off because I just PRed (HELL YEAH!!!) in the 400m, 800m, and 4x800.  Now it's sleepy-town time.

Tomorrow through Sunday I'll have spotty if any internet access so don't expect any work from me on the Budget Hunt this weekend.  Keep up the good work PiT! (and anyone who wants to feel free to hop in)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 08:29:28 AM »

I'm taking today off because I just PRed (HELL YEAH!!!) in the 400m, 800m, and 4x800.  Now it's sleepy-town time.

Tomorrow through Sunday I'll have spotty if any internet access so don't expect any work from me on the Budget Hunt this weekend.  Keep up the good work PiT! (and anyone who wants to feel free to hop in)

Thanks. I've been very busy with school recently, which is the reason for the lack of progress over the last couple of days. I have to get off now, but I should definitely have the time to continue my regional projects later today.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 08:12:43 PM »

Well, that mini vacation is over.  I'll try to do some more tomorrow, though with school, track, and general life I seem to be running out of time for this forum game.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 09:10:00 PM »

I just created the regional Reform Party.  Partially so that taft4prez can get used to his duties keeping up the regional party sheet but also as a statement.  If you are interested in straightening up things around the IDS, starting with reforming the budget, please join!  Your regional party has no bearing on your national affiliation.  Everyone is welcome!
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 05:21:04 PM »

Oh yeah, I'm running for reelection.  Vote for me...OR ELSE! Wink Wink
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 03:08:23 PM »

Sorry for not really being around.  I got bumped up to Varsity on the track team so I don't have much free time anymore.  I'll try and get the IDS revenue calculated by tomorrow though.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 03:24:23 PM »

As always, we could use one or two extra sentient calculators for the budget Wink Wink
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 07:32:04 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2011, 07:42:44 PM by Imperial Speaker Yelnoc »

My half-brother and his wife, who I haven't seen since I was a small child, and their son, my nephew, who I have never met, are flying over tomorrow.  Thus, I won't be online much for the next couple days.

EDIT:
In the meantime, remember to go and vote in the regional elections.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 08:19:38 PM »

That's good. Meeting family relations is always fun. Smiley
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 08:39:57 AM »

The Capital Punishment amendment is up to vote.  For those of you who have voted or will vote Nay, I ask in the future that you voice your objections to we legislators either in the Legislative thread or via PM.  We cannot adequately represent the people of the Southeast if we do not know what the people of the Southeast want.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 02:31:26 PM »

I have been confirmed as SoIA.  I will be opening up an office and updates thread shortly in the Fantasy Elections board.  Feel free to ask me questions and whatnot there.

EDIT:  There's no need to delete this thread though.  If I ever end up in regional government again I can just revive this.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 03:32:10 PM »

Congratulations!
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2011, 04:32:32 PM »

Thanks.  Rest assured I will still be contributing to the budget as a citizen of the IDS, though I would appreciate it if another member of the IDS government stepped up to help PiT.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 08:24:00 PM »

Tacks paper onto closed wooden door

The IDS Budget Commission appears to be completed.  Once PiT glances through it and Badger gives the ok, I will write a bill and send it to all the legislators.  First to introduce it wins Wink  Please pass the budget as is.  Once we have a budget, you guys can discuss how you want it to be shaped.  Just don't expect me to continue updating it.  This is your budget now; it is your responsibility to keep it up-to-date.  That's not to diminish PiT's work; hell, if you look at the budget he came up with most of the numbers and has done some stirling work with the Wiki.  We have a lot to thank the Emperor for.

I do have some suggestions I want to provide the assembly.  Looking over the budget, you will notice a few things.  Most glaring is the nearly $250 billion surplus.  However, that surplus did not come at no cost.  The education budget, while somewhat fixed, is still half what the states spend in real life (and the South has never been good with educating its children to begin with).  Your first priority after passing the budget should be to restore funding to education, maybe even a little extra. $140 billion would be a nice figure and it would only take $40 billion from the surplus, leaving you guys with a cool $200 billion to play around with. 

Next, I suggest eliminating the fuel tax.  This tax raise $17 billion a year; the IDS can more than live without this revenue.  This will reduce the cost of gas by 8 cents, increase transportation and productivity.  You might consider other tax decreases or ways to screw with the tax system.  Be my guest but remember, every change you make will have to be accounted for like this.  Only do it if you are willing to put in the time to update the budget.

Finally, feel free to spend a little.  This huge surplus can go towards helping the tornado victims, for example.  Don't waste it on stupid projects, but don't be afraid to spend it.  I can't emphasize enough that every appropriations bill the legislature passes will need to be accounted for in the budget.  In a nutshell, don't spend money on stuff you don't feel passionate enough to work for.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2011, 11:38:29 AM »

How many of the above suggestions were ever carried out?  I think once the current bill passes and the Imperial Speaker is appointed, I will take another look at the budget.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2011, 01:05:12 AM »

Those are interesting ideas to work with. Given the large amount of expenditures that are unique to the year of 2011, the region definitely has room to play with the budget for the coming year.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 04:02:21 PM »

Just so you all know, I'm going to be extremely busy these next three weeks (so I need you junior legislators to step up Wink).
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies