"Pawlenty the movie trailer", a Michael Bay production
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:52:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  "Pawlenty the movie trailer", a Michael Bay production
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: "Pawlenty the movie trailer", a Michael Bay production  (Read 4230 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 25, 2011, 06:07:39 PM »

Is this an ad for a book, or a summer movie trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfkNEq1XioE
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 06:10:10 PM »

Is this the one where he and a team of rebels have to land on an asteroid and blow it in half.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 06:39:12 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2011, 07:31:51 PM by Landslide Lyndon »

A trailer for a book? Even Harry Potter publishers never thought of something so tacky.

And no matter how many flags and fighter jets they put in, hearing Pawlenty's soporific voice is enough to put to sleep even the biggest politics junkie.
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 06:53:44 PM »

It's impressive, but I don't think enough people care about Pawlenty for it to be a best seller.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 07:27:51 PM »

Neither, its an ad for a campaign.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 07:47:49 PM »

Easy
Easy
Easy
Easy
Easy
Easy
Easy
Easy
Easy
Easy
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 08:07:35 PM »

That's actually a pretty cool advertisement. It's for president, of course. Reminds me a bit of the "Man in the Arena" juxtaposition McCain made in 2008.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 08:20:22 PM »

I was just waiting to see: "Tim Pawlenty as Batman."

I must say, though, that as corny as it was, it is great to see Pawlenty show some enthusiasm.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 08:26:24 PM »

Corny or not, the advertisement has been a success for him, IMO. Look at the number of views other videos with him have. Now look at the 68K views this has only one day in. It's definitely got his name out there.

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 08:54:27 PM »

Sorry, Tim. You're still just a really boring white guy from Minnesota.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 08:59:07 PM »

Sorry, Tim. You're still just a really boring white guy from Minnesota.

So's Michele Bachmann.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 10:16:38 PM »

It's nice to see King Timmy coming out with new advertisements for himself.  Too bad nobody really likes him.

Give him a year or so in the presidency... he'll have that budget balanced... cuts to the sick and poor and plenty of accounting shifts, shifty borrowing, one time fixes, and a whole plethora of other gimmicks that leave us in worse financial shape... and economic and social shape than ever before when he leaves!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 10:32:56 PM »

Lol, fail.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 11:36:09 PM »

not really, I mean the video itself was pretty epic for a guy so dull
jbgator
Rookie
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 01:00:15 AM »

That's actually a pretty cool advertisement. It's for president, of course. Reminds me a bit of the "Man in the Arena" juxtaposition McCain made in 2008.

Thought the same thing.  Impressive ad.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 01:07:05 AM »

I see they're desperately trying to make him exciting...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 01:12:54 AM »

It's nice to see King Timmy coming out with new advertisements for himself.  Too bad nobody really likes him.

Give him a year or so in the presidency... he'll have that budget balanced... cuts to the sick and poor and plenty of accounting shifts, shifty borrowing, one time fixes, and a whole plethora of other gimmicks that leave us in worse financial shape... and economic and social shape than ever before when he leaves!

Ok, we know you have a personal gripe with the guy but we really didn't need the campaign advertisement.

And if you want to editorialize, please don't be too insanely biased to the point where you make stuff up. "Nobody really likes him?" What's that even based on?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 01:47:11 AM »

Ok, we know you have a personal gripe with the guy but we really didn't need the campaign advertisement.

And if you want to editorialize, please don't be too insanely biased to the point where you make stuff up. "Nobody really likes him?" What's that even based on?

http://minnesotaindependent.com/56058/pawlentys-approval-rating-lowest-of-his-career
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 01:56:48 AM »

http://minnesotaindependent.com/56058/pawlentys-approval-rating-lowest-of-his-career

Ok, so you just proved my point. Thank you. 42% approval would mean that quite a few people still like him. Though you should think twice when trying to be a smart ass and linking to a poll that has him at a 42% approval rating and a 66% disapproval rating. I'll give you a minute to ponder why that poll is worth a second look.

Anyway, if 42% is his lowest showing ever, he's a very lucky guy.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 02:14:08 AM »

Ok, so you just proved my point. Thank you. 42% approval would mean that quite a few people still like him. Though you should think twice when trying to be a smart ass and linking to a poll that has him at a 42% approval rating and a 66% disapproval rating. I'll give you a minute to ponder why that poll is worth a second look.

So they misquoted the poll (it has a link to the actual SUSA poll, check it out. The 66% disapproval is for the legislature.), beside the point. The point is he was not popular upon leaving office.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 02:16:22 AM »

So they misquoted the poll (it has a link to the actual SUSA poll, check it out. The 66% disapproval is for the legislature.), beside the point. The point is he was not popular upon leaving office.

Ok, that's nice...except I wasn't arguing that he was popular. Snowguy said "no one really likes him." I countered that and you essentially backed up my point. Thank you. Please feel free to throw in your poll if I ever decide to say that he was popular upon leaving office.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 02:21:44 AM »

He wasn't saying that no one likes him but that not one REALLY likes him which is true. He doesn't have the slavering devotion to him like so many idiots have to Sarah Palin for example.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 02:24:25 AM »

He wasn't saying that no one likes him but that not one REALLY likes him which is true. He doesn't have the slavering devotion to him like so many idiots have to Sarah Palin for example.

That quote can be interpreted two ways but assuming he meant it that way, your poll is even more irrelevant. Anyway, the guy could end up being very well liked among Republicans. It's just that he's still rather unknown.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2011, 04:43:28 AM »

Well Phil, you seem to hate Rendell even more without giving us any reason why you consider him worse than Attila the Hun.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 12:54:04 PM »
« Edited: January 26, 2011, 12:56:36 PM by Keystone Phil »

Well Phil, you seem to hate Rendell even more without giving us any reason why you consider him worse than Attila the Hun.

Actually, I don't "hate" him. He was being a particular asshat during his final months in office. I posted stories about it so that would discredit your claim that I was voicing my displeasure "without giving any reason." People on both sides noticed it and discussed it. That's hardly thinking someone is "worse than Attila the Hun."

You are seriously the worst hack here. We're talking about someone engaging in hyper-editorializing (to the point where he was making stuff up) where it really wasn't warranted. Sorry but Snowguy's gripe with Pawlenty for cutting aid has nothing to do with the release of this video or his chances for the nomination. But you decide to one up him and make me and Rendell an issue for more cheap hack points. Bravo.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies