What issues do you dislike the people who 'side' with you on? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:38:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What issues do you dislike the people who 'side' with you on? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What issues do you dislike the people who 'side' with you on?  (Read 5975 times)
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 28, 2011, 05:58:25 PM »
« edited: January 28, 2011, 07:02:20 PM by Ghost_white »

Anything come to mind? For me one of the most obvious would be marijuana. There's few things more annoying than 'drug culture' or smoking in general for me.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 10:46:25 PM »

Abortion clinic-bombing pro-lifers is the easy first answer. I also dislike those who are better described as anti-choice rather than pro-life and take the stance for all the wrong reasons.

I would have put that down but that's too obvious/safe.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Same. Oddly probably my most socially conservative phase was when I was a firm atheist.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 11:52:52 AM »

A lot of death penalty opponents arguments about how only 'barbaric' societies still have the death penalty (because japan, south korea, etc. are medieval hell holes obviously) and implication that only bloodthirsty HP would want such a thing bother me.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 05:29:47 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2011, 07:46:12 PM by Ghost_white »

People who are fiscally libertarian and socially ultra-conservative at the same time.

If you believe in smaller government, it needs to apply to all issues.  

If you believe in a Biblical application of public policy, then you need to observe Biblical teachings about how we are to relate one another and God's admonishment of greed and wealth in favor of modesty and charity.
I think that's a pretty universal critique of the American Far-Right, made even by mainstream Right-Wingers like you. The point is not to forget that their policy isn't based so much on Christianity as its based on American Nationalism as written by William F. Buckley.

That's pretty funny considering he was on the board of amnesty international and a delegate to the UN. If anything Buckley was responsible for divorcing the right from its traditional, isolationistic, 'un-respectable' roots in favor of something more centralized and internationalistic.

TL;DR: People like Buckley are exactly the reason we have 'conservative' Republicans like Don.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 07:44:47 PM »

People who are fiscally libertarian and socially ultra-conservative at the same time.

If you believe in smaller government, it needs to apply to all issues.  

If you believe in a Biblical application of public policy, then you need to observe Biblical teachings about how we are to relate one another and God's admonishment of greed and wealth in favor of modesty and charity.
I think that's a pretty universal critique of the American Far-Right, made even by mainstream Right-Wingers like you. The point is not to forget that their policy isn't based so much on Christianity as its based on American Nationalism as written by William F. Buckley.

That's pretty funny considering he was on the board of amnesty international and a delegate to the UN. If anything Buckley was responsible divorcing the right from its traditional, isolationistic, 'un-respectable' roots in favor of something more centralized and internationalistic.

TL;DR: People like Buckley are exactly the reason we have 'conservative' Republicans like Don.
Well, what would you call "fusionism" then?

A largely mythical concept.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies