New York precinct map (new uses for Dave's redistricting app) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:03:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  New York precinct map (new uses for Dave's redistricting app) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New York precinct map (new uses for Dave's redistricting app)  (Read 12639 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: January 30, 2011, 03:53:08 PM »

Funniest thing about that couple-of-precincts area in Far Rockaway is that it's on both sides of the city line. Cheesy

Yep, Orthodox neighborhood stretches from Far Rockaway across to Nassau county in Lawrence. Whole lot of walking going on Saturday morning.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 04:00:14 PM »

And I was thinking the dark blue area was Ramapo, not Kiryas Joel, FWIW. Tongue

Well, the black area is in Ramapo, too. "Ramapo" is hardly enlightening. The Orthodox areas are Monsey, Kaser and a couple of others.

New Square is also in Ramapo.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 12:26:02 PM »

There's also the patch up against Flushing Meadows in Forest Hills (not Kew Gardens Hills on the other side). Not sure what that is; maybe Orthodox Jews?

Rego Park?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 07:43:32 PM »

I used Lewis's maps and the ethnic map linked from the first page to create two directly comparable maps for BK:

You sure the areas around Marine Park/Floyd Bennett should be Blue? Wouldnt that be  Gerritsen and Marine Park +golf clubs and bird sanctuary?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 08:17:22 PM »

^ The Census claims one person (who happens to be black) lives in the tract, in the portion in the SW (south of Belt Parkway). Don't ask me where specifically. Tongue

Ha, thanks. It stood out to me because the areas around that are heavily white neighborhoods.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 11:17:49 PM »

That hook there in Red Hook is really uninhabited- just a cargo terminal IIRC. Right inland is the IKEA development- where you can get a water taxi to/from Lower Manhattan.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies