Question Time with Marokai and PS (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:47:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Question Time with Marokai and PS (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question Time with Marokai and PS  (Read 8152 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 31, 2011, 01:00:33 AM »

This is running a bit late due to a hectic weekend, but let's get this started!

Post any and all questions you have for Marokai and me in this thread. We will do our best to answer each one fully and honestly (and sometimes humorously) as quickly as possible.

Question time will last for at least 48 hours or until the questions stop flowing, whichever is longer.

Time for some fun. Smiley
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 08:02:57 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That actually is quite a good idea. I must say that you're at the very least running a campaign that's strong on ideas and policy, even if I'm not entirely a part of your team.

Can I also inform as to your (op)position on the idea to whipe out all of Atlasia's economical history? Would you mind explaining to me why you disagree with the idea that this would help to assure that Senate legislation actually does matter?

I can take this one since Maro got to the VP-related question. Wink

In the last iteration of a PS/Marokai administration, we did present the possibility of a "legislative reset" as part of the new Constitution, which essentially would have given the game an opportunity for a do-over. However, the people and the Constitutional Convention generally opposed the idea and we let it die.

Now, while we are usually not ones to let something just go away, this is something we both agreed needs to be truly desired by Atlasians. Wiping the slate clean needs to be an organic, bottom-up effort, otherwise you lose the whole game. Some people have spent quite a long time building up certain parts of the game and the institutional memory is not necessarily a bad thing.

At the end of the day, the current economic conditions do add an element to the game, as it has given us quite a number of problems to fix. A reboot could make the game more boring.

As a final thought, I should note that when I was GM I did make it an implicit goal to present issues and "mark" legislation in ways that would identify problems and then allow Atlasians to solve them. Any GMs ability to number crunch in a fantasy world with limited data should be readily apparent. But if you're going to create a problem, you need to allow for the nation to solve the problem as well. That is why we no longer have a crushing national debt or an unhappy relationship with Venezuela.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 01:57:23 AM »

Wormyguy's comments in this thread are basically on the same level of what I've had to put up with the entire campaign so far, so I really see no reason why I should let it bother me.

Oh, brother...

I'm sorry, but we need you to phrase that in the form of a question.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 11:40:15 PM »

Wormyguy's comments in this thread are basically on the same level of what I've had to put up with the entire campaign so far, so I really see no reason why I should let it bother me.

Oh, brother...

I'm sorry, but we need you to phrase that in the form of a question.

A question? Okay, for the running mate:

When you were running for President, you really wanted me to endorse you, and promised me that you would join the JCP if the DA collapsed. The DA collapsed soon after, but you instead created your own party (The Game Reformer's Alliance, or something along those lines IIRC).

So my questions are:
1) Why do you think it is okay to lie to someone's face like that just to win a game?
2) Why should anyone believe anything you say?

Thanks in advance Smiley

I can answer that one easily: Around the time of the elections I actually cared about party affiliation. I no longer really do. If it means enough to you I'll join the JCP right now. But I think it should be clear to anyone in Atlasia that my "partisan activities," if that is what my party-related actions can be called, have never had anything to do with anything else I do in this game.

So can they trust me to stay in a single party? Well I already left the UDL over the course of this campaign, so who knows. But they can certainly trust that I'll fight to reform this game the same way I have since I got here.

And you are so very very velcome! Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 12:13:44 AM »

Cycles in this game are so interesting. Was it one year ago where the right was tearing itself to shreds in a similar way? And now it's the left's turn. Spend two years in this game and you've truly seen it all.

I assume this will all be papered over in a few months.

One thing for Bgwah to mull over: you need to choose whether this is a game to you or whether it's personal. If it truly is a game where fun is paramount, then Marokai's actions should not ruin friendships and my decision not to join the JCP is just another turn of events. You relish the chance to personally attack people far more than one should if it is truly just a game.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 07:57:51 AM »

You should probably all calm down a little bit before I have to start infracting you.

On a more personal note, you should all really get over yourself. I mean, come on.

For serious. It amazes me that people can destroy (or create for that matter) such personal friendships over an internet forum. Such is the nature of our times I guess? Still, it's pretty ridiculous how much vitriol can go into these things nowadays.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies