Question Time with Marokai and PS (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:35:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Question Time with Marokai and PS (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question Time with Marokai and PS  (Read 8160 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: February 01, 2011, 01:02:14 PM »

How you would handle Reality Or Nothing problem if you were President right now?

This question thread was meant to get answers and attention, so I may as well answer this in several ways that I've been thinking.

First, if I was President, speaking in character, I would obviously support efforts (and do currently) to list Reality of Nothing as a terrorist organization, investigate it's roots, and take all the means realistically possible (so long as they're effective) at protecting the security of important buildings such as the GTO building.

But I have to speak out of character with a concern I have on this whole ordeal. I've always been a little wary of the GM's power and how it's used, and this whole incident makes me a little uneasy. Essentially the Game Moderator has the power to create, well, reality. What I'm talking about here specifically is the lynch mob going after Al.

Al started a silly little organization like Al always does. Yes it said "we are prepared to use violence" in it and such, but that sort of stuff always pops up in Atlasia. Xahar has started at least two "revolutions." The Southeast once tried to wage an economic war on the Pacific. I can't count on one hand the times people have talked about secessions since I've been in Atlasia. But Purple State never decided to pop up and start implicating actual members in these things.

I don't like that, potentially, at any moment, the GM is capable of just taking down actual members and essentially banning them from the game (treason, afterall) because of some in-character thing they decided to do. I'm fine with events and responding to them and playing along as we always do. But I don't like that we're basically all going along with someone having the power to damage actual members just by crafting a narrative around it. I really think it's something we should avoid.
I thought Al actually prompted Badger to do it.

Absolutely utterly no comment. For the sake of the game.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 03:10:55 PM »

Cry So much anger here. So little love.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies