Anhuld for President!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:31:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Anhuld for President!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anhuld for President!  (Read 1080 times)
bloombergforpresident
obama12

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 31, 2011, 04:19:46 PM »
« edited: January 31, 2011, 07:04:22 PM by obama12 »

My RFK in !968 TL is not really interesting me so I decided to start a better quality timeline with Arnold Schwarzenegger. ( I think I spelled that right)

Prologue

RATIFIED!!! 28TH AMENDMENT PASSED!! PRES. DOES NOT NEED TO BE BORN IN US!!!!!!

Yesterday, Alaska was the final state to ratify the amendment that states

"The President is not required to be born in the United States"

"This amendment will take affect after passage from both Houses of Congress and a majority of state legislatures"

The bill passed the Senate 98-1 with one Senator, Strom Thurmond of South Carolina dissenting and on November 15, 2002 and went to ratification process. A new poll show a impressive majority of Americans favor the amendment.

Favor 81%
Oppose 11%
Undecided/Don't Care 8%

Senator John McCain (R-AZ) said this after the ratification

"The US has shown again that we are a fair and just country by this amendment being ratified. I hope that we can continue this streak and remain a nation that cares for all its citizens"

In other news the Human Life Amendment proposed by Strom Thurmond is getting....

Alaska Senate Chamber before the ratification

-Washington Post, January 8, 2003

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 07:58:57 PM »

Awesome, though I'd appreciate if you finished your RFK timeline. The only real problem will be spelling Ahnold's last name right (notice how I didn't actually attempt to spell it).
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 08:17:05 PM »

SCHWARZENEGGER RUNNING? HE SAYS ITS A "POSSIBILITY"

May 13, 2007

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger is considering a bid for the Presidency. The Austrian born governor that was elected in 2003 and reelected easily in 2006 is seriously thinking about throwing his hat in the ring. The former bodybuilder and actor proves he could be a viable contender for President in a new Gallup poll with the famous governor in it.

Rudy Guliani 16%
Arnold Schwarzenegger 14%
John McCain 11%
Mitt Romney 10%
Fred Thompson 8%
Mike Huckabee 2%
Other 4%

The Governor is known for his moderate to right views in politics. He could generate a large amount of support among independents if he was to run and win the nomination. The poll that shows him in a close second could make Arnold run for president. Meanwhile, President Bush's approval ratings continue to sag in the polls...

Our Next President?
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 01:01:44 AM »

ARNOLD'S IN!!! GOVERNOR DECLARES CANDIDACY, CALLS FOR "NEW ERA"!

At 10:00 AM on June 3, 2007, CNN reported that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is running for President. Later in the day, the Republican held a press conference in front of the California State Capitol. Below is an excerpt from his speech.

"My fellow Americans, we must unite together as Republicans to elect somebody that can bring both independents and democrats back in to our party. I will fight for every Americans rights and will not let others deter me in doing that"

The Governor will visit Iowa, New Hampshire, and Florida in the coming days holding rallies and developing a campaign strategy.

The Governator announcing his bid in Sacramento
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 10:17:35 PM »

Keep this up!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 10:19:01 PM »

To win the foreign policy vote, all Arnold has to do is show reels from his movies to show how tough he is on foreign policy! Grin
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 10:19:50 PM »

Wow, I actually remember this. I'm looking forward to it! Smiley
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 09:58:03 PM »

Sorry for the long wait!!!

McCAIN DROPS BOMBSHELL. PULLS OUT OF RACE!!!

In an exclusive interview with Katie Couric, John McCain announced he is pulling out of the race for health reasons.

Couric- John, you said you had a big announcement to make. What is it?

McCain-Well, Katie, me and Cindny found out last week that I lave liver cancer and therefore, will be pulling out of the race.

McCain announcing his withdrawl
Pollsters were abuzz to the withdrawl of McCain because of his cancer, which was caught early but it will be a difficult road back to health. In a new Gallup poll that showed the effects of the withdrawl, it was good news for some, bad for others.

Gallup Poll-July 8, 2007

Guliani 19%
Schwarzenegger 17%
Thompson 13%
Romney 10%
Other 5%

It is a free for all with no front runner at this time. The debates coming up may decide...
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 02:49:13 PM »

GULIANI SCANDAL! FROMER MAYOR "TOOK MY MONEY" SAYS WORKER"

In an interview with Katie Couric on 60 Minutes a former city hall worker accused Rudy Guliani of using taxpayer dollars to pay for many luxuries including designer neckties and what she said "topped it off" was a 2,500 dollar hairdryer that he bought with his "travel expenses". Guliani quickly deflected criticism claiming that the lady that reports this is simply a "publicity-seeker" that "has no life".

This did not specifically help him in the polls as Schwarzenegger took a narrow lead in the polls

Gallup Poll- September 1, 2007
Arnold Schwarzenegger 19%
Fred Thompson 15%
Rudy Giuliani 15%
Mitt Romney 11%
Ron Paul 5%

Meanwhile polls show Thompson with a slim lead in Iowa over Romney while New Hampshire is a three way race between Romney, Schwarzenegger, and Giuliani. John McCain also announced today that he would make no endorsement...
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 02:57:02 PM »

DEBATE IS A SHOWDOWN BETWEEN MODERATES AND REPUBLICANS. GIULIANI CONTINUES TO FALL IN THE POLLS!

The debate held at the University of Virginia was dominated between Thompson representing the conservatives attacking his opponents calling them "the three almost-democrats" referring to Schwarzenegger, Giuliani, and Romney. The debate was dominated by those four candidates as Thompson's new battle cry was him being the "Real Republican"

As the race continues it seems as if Giuliani keep falling in the polls...

feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 08:15:02 PM »

I would have to go for Thompson in this race. Wonderful TL! Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies