What's your position on gay divorce?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:48:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What's your position on gay divorce?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Well?
Legal- They should be allowed to turn their life into a cluster when they hit their midlife crisis like the rest of us.

Illegal- We should protect the sanctity of the traditional broken home?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: What's your position on gay divorce?  (Read 2958 times)
milhouse24
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 11:47:36 PM »

I don't believe in Divorce, its called an Annulment if there has been no penetration of the female wall by ejaculation fluid, if there was no physical penetration by the male phallus, from a technical and scientific level, no physical relationship or marriage binding contract was fulfilled.  Nothing else qualifies as "reproductive marriage"
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2011, 11:39:08 AM »

People make mistakes, and people change. To say someone who is getting a divorce shouldn't have gotten married in the first place is ridiculous, feelings sometimes change and hindsight is 20/20. People can think they know someone, be sure that they will want to be with that person and then find out they were wrong. And I agree staying together 'for the sake of the children' is a bad idea in most cases.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2011, 12:52:22 PM »

To say someone who is getting a divorce shouldn't have gotten married in the first place is ridiculous

You can ridicule if you like, but the fact is that my marriage, and those I've attended, all amounted to both partners stating clearly, and presumably understanding, they they were making a legally-binding contract to stay married until one of them dies.  I'm not saying divorce shouldn't be allowed.  Straight and same-sex marriages can have no-fault divorces for all I care, but I am saying that we should be honest about it.  Divorce is an allowance for two partners to break a contract that either they didn't take seriously to begin with or who made a contract based on a delusion.  Clearly they should not have been married in the first place.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2011, 12:55:57 PM »

To say someone who is getting a divorce shouldn't have gotten married in the first place is ridiculous

You can ridicule if you like, but the fact is that my marriage, and those I've attended, all amounted to both partners stating clearly, and presumably understanding, they they were making a legally-binding contract to stay married until one of them dies.  I'm not saying divorce shouldn't be allowed.  Straight and same-sex marriages can have no-fault divorces for all I care, but I am saying that we should be honest about it.  Divorce is an allowance for two partners to break a contract that either they didn't take seriously to begin with or who made a contract based on a delusion.  Clearly they should not have been married in the first place.

Agreed
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2011, 01:26:54 PM »

Divorce is an allowance for two partners to break a contract that either they didn't take seriously to begin with or who made a contract based on a delusion.  

I would agree with that, with the idea that delusion is a broad term and covers a lot of bad judgment which comes too easily to people who are young and in love.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2011, 01:47:46 PM »

Stipulated.  I was in fact also thinking "too young."  Also I hadn't thought about it, but there may be some psychology students on this board who have a narrow or clinical definition of the term delusional.  I only meant to use the term in the generic sense as well.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2011, 05:39:38 PM »

NOTA

Divorce, no fault divorce, should be a Constitutional right I think.

WTH?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2011, 06:01:02 PM »

I think divorce is like abortion, the right to privacy secures both.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2011, 10:19:00 PM »

No gay marriage = No gay divorce. Btw Prop 8 from California is totally constuitional. I just think that divorce is wrong in all cases (except adultry abuse or abandonment).

The 19th century is on the phone for you.

I'm in the right century.

Yes. Far right. Tongue
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2011, 10:24:05 PM »

lol
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 02:50:22 AM »

Divorce is like war; it should be avoided if at all possible, but sometimes is the least bad of the available options.

I personally was miserable while married and am much happier since my divorce, though the trauma of going through it still has a profound effect on me and probably always will.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2011, 09:09:47 PM »

I don't believe in Divorce, its called an Annulment if there has been no penetration of the female wall by ejaculation fluid, if there was no physical penetration by the male phallus, from a technical and scientific level, no physical relationship or marriage binding contract was fulfilled.  Nothing else qualifies as "reproductive marriage"

Well then, thank you for clearing that right up. We'll be calling on you again immediately when such weighty issues vex us again.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies