Mississippi House of Representatives--When will GOP Gain Control?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:28:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Mississippi House of Representatives--When will GOP Gain Control?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Mississippi House of Representatives--When will GOP Gain Control?  (Read 4778 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2011, 01:30:18 PM »

1) You have presented speculation as to my motivations as fact. That's pathetic, and morally offensive.

lol
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2011, 01:33:35 PM »

For instance, Black voters made the difference in upholding marrige in California.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2011, 01:44:44 PM »

For instance, Black voters made the difference in upholding marrige in California.
And personhood in Mississippi.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
What movie is that from?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2011, 01:47:47 PM »

You know, I have no idea.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2011, 02:26:42 PM »

1) You have presented speculation as to my motivations as fact. That's pathetic, and morally offensive.

lol

Sarcasm won't alter the fact that you presented speculation as fact. That was pathetic, and morally offensive.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2011, 03:46:54 PM »

lol

Sarcasm won't alter the fact that you presented speculation as fact. That was pathetic, and morally offensive.

lol
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2011, 06:42:54 AM »

How many times must the conservative myth of "blacks are mostly conservative and just vote Democratic out of habit" be disproven unit conservatives stop repeating it?

That "myth" simply isn't a myth. While I would agree that Blacks aren't particularly economically conservative, they are far from socially liberal. For instance, Black voters made the difference in upholding marrige in California.

Marrige wasn't upheld in California, chiefly because there's no such thing as marrige, but neither was marriage. It was stripped from a segment of the population that had previously been held to enjoy it as a right by changing the constitution of the state, which isn't how the verb 'to uphold' is conventionally defined.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2011, 12:57:49 PM »

My dad has always said by 2020 or so, the Mississippi Legislature will consist of two things:  white Republicans and black Democrats.  He's probably right.

Unfortunately, there will always be some districts that are in the sweet spot for a White Democrat: Black percentage in the low forties.
Why is that unfortunate?

Because, as a partisan Republican, he wants the Democratic Party to look as black as possible in all southern states. Kind of like how many partisan Democrats want the Republican Party to look as Fundamentalist as possible, generally.

2) You are simply wrong.

3) The claim that I am "a partisan Republican" is, again, your speculation presented as fact. At least this speculation on your part is based on some empirical observations. I have profound disagreements with the Left. Almost no Democratic candidates do. There is hardly an election where my political interests are further by the election of the Democrat. Is that hard for you to understand?

Had you read any of comments on Bush I, Bush II, or McCain you would radically rethink your assertion.

4) In district after district you see electorates that are about 45% Black of various ideologies, 45% Conservative, or Conservative-leaning and White, and 10% White liberal. I find it nondemocratic that those districts nearly uniformly represent the 10%.

5) Destroying White liberals as pernicious influence in Democratic primaries, hopefully, will create a dynamic where Black nominees are, also, conservative. Whether tweedle-dee or tweedle-are is elected, conservatism wins.

Most White Democrats in Mississippi are far from liberal. Black Democrats are generally to the left of White Democrats in MS.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies