Regional Protection Party Convention - Welcome To Chicago!!! (Speeches) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:45:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party Convention - Welcome To Chicago!!! (Speeches) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party Convention - Welcome To Chicago!!! (Speeches)  (Read 5668 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: February 07, 2011, 01:41:55 AM »
« edited: February 07, 2011, 01:56:37 AM by J. J. »

I hereby renounce and resign my membership in the Regional Protection Party.

X

J. J.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 02:07:29 AM »

X

J. J.

Huh

What part of renouncing and resigning my membership in the Regional Protection Party don't you understand?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 06:22:37 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2011, 06:25:13 PM by J. J. »

X

J. J.

Huh

What part of renouncing and resigning my membership in the Regional Protection Party don't you understand?

You do realize you have to do this in the new register thread?

You mean like here:

I renounce and resign my party affiliation in the Regional Protection Party, and wish to be listed having no party affiliation.

I further change my registration to Idaho.

I frankly was not sure if I had to do it with the party or some Atlasia functionary.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 07:19:51 PM »

I was not sure where to post it. 

I just really want out.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 07:53:10 PM »

I just really want out.

Aint you ever heard the Eagles before?

Atlasia is run like the Hotel California.

You can check out anytime you like, but you may never leave.

Such a great song. Smiley

I always thought it sucked.

Don Henley such better stuff in the 80's.  Dirty Laundry for instance.

And as for Atlasia, you can I wonder if the senators from this party would vote against streaming the process of leaving.  Desperate for votes, I guess, and they are slipping through their fingers.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 08:33:38 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2011, 08:38:33 PM by J. J. »

I just really want out.

Aint you ever heard the Eagles before?

Atlasia is run like the Hotel California.

You can check out anytime you like, but you may never leave.

Such a great song. Smiley

I always thought it sucked.

Don Henley such better stuff in the 80's.  Dirty Laundry for instance.

And as for Atlasia, you can I wonder if the senators from this party would vote against streaming the process of leaving.  Desperate for votes, I guess, and they are slipping through their fingers.

Boys of Summer was his best period.

I said it in one of the PM's I think. De-registration was messy when it was in place and it was removed because of a very complicated legal crisis it created back in 2008 I beleive. This is why there is opposition to it. I don't think any such standards as placed in the current bill will serve to prevent that from happening again.

Not really, with a provision regarding voters facing charges.

Both Dirty Laundry and All She Wants To Do Is Dance are better.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The unfortunate aspect is that some of us don't mind getting PM's from people on other subjects, but really don't to be, in your words, "harrassed," by PM's regarding Atlasia.

Don't worry, however, you are the sole person on mine, at least until the registration expires.

I think it could be an issue in the next election, and a good reason to vote against the RPP.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 09:05:22 PM »

Could someone please post a link to the Don't PM list?

Thank you in advance. Smiley

Click you name on the side of your posts.  Then click, "Personal Message Options."
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 09:11:58 PM »

Just an FYI in case anyone has forgotten the candidates different position on deregistration...Tongue

Deregistration: This wasn’t an issue I had thought about until recently when it came up, but after consideration, I would support deregistration.

Unfortunately, the two RPP Senators, including the Party Chairman don't agree with you.  It is safer to vote against any candidate of the RPP to promote greater freedom of Atlasians.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 09:25:52 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2011, 09:35:50 PM by J. J. »

X

J. J.

If that cannot be done:

I renounce and resign my party affiliation in the Regional Protection Party, and wish to be listed having no party affiliation.

I further change my registration to Idaho.

Huh

The follow up is here:

I just really want out.

Do you have another question?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 09:46:49 PM »

Since I haven't seen anybody else do this yet, I'd like to wish you luck in your non-Atlasian pursuits, J. J.

Thank you, but I wish I could get away, legitimately, without breaking the rules.  Ironically, the RPP is making it difficult.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 10:15:59 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2011, 10:36:00 PM by J. J. »

For your information the two RPP senators are not in the Senate to represent just the party. We have to make votes based on what we think is best for the country. It is my beleif that de-registration causes more problems then it solves. I am not the only one who holds this view and it was a broad consensus for almost two years. Obviously a majority of the Senate wants it now and as such it will be passed into law.

Good for passage, as it ultimately expands rights of individuals.  Now, obviously, there should be an exemption for voters facing prosecution, but how many are there?

The Constitution of Atlasia, or whatever the hell the name is, gives citizens the right to assemble.  Implied in that right is the right to disassemble, even from Atlasia.  Yet the FPP, its Senators and Chairman don't wish to.

There are two members of the RPP in the Senate; both voted against it.  That is not "Game Play," as you put it, but policy.  The things that are well in control of the Senate within the simulation.  It is like saying, "Play by the rules.  I'll make the rules."  That is shameful!

The way the rules now would, within the game, I, or any other member, cannot leave the game without breaking the rules of the game.  I would have to create a fake account, post numerous (75 times?) register as a voter, and possibly vote, in order to have my registration canceled.  If I obey the rules, I cannot deregister.  That is shameful!

Where is it?  Interestingly, even though I've had several PM's from the powers that be, there has never been a link and none on this thread either?

BTW:  If you want a reason to vote against the FPP, I think you just found it.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 10:34:51 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2011, 10:42:55 PM by J. J. »

Well, thankfully, JJ, a bill is about to pass that will make deregistration legal. Smiley So once Snowguy closes that vote and Fritz signs it, citizens can finally deregister from Atlasia if they wish. Smiley

Very good, but seeing the state of this party and its leadership, I just might stay around, and least through the next election.  Somebody asked me to, and I may grant his wish.

You will note that I reregistered in the RPP and I have requested to speak.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 11:09:52 PM »

You don't have to enagage in any of that or break the rules to leave. Weren't you listening? All you have to do is stop voting and let your membership tick tick tick away with the clock.

I would still be a voter, even though I would choose not to associate myself with Atlasia.

Actually, you persuaded me to "delay" my departure.

I never claimed that I had the only right position; I do claim that the current RPP members of the Senate do not.  I heard some say recently that they would would not like to be misinterpreted.  Hummm.

Since I was not the only one to ask, it doesn't seem to be exactly clear.  Interestingly, I was looking for things like the registration requirements earlier and could not readily find them.  Having a separate list, or referring to it by name, would have been helpful.  It might be clear to you, but not the rest of us.

[/quote]
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 11:49:35 PM »

1. Yes, but only for three elections, then you would be removed from the voter roll for innactivity.

Three elections is three elections too many.  That might be why the Senate, sans a few members, had the good judgment to change the rule.

Yes, I have been told that if I wish to deregister, I would have to do it after the rule was adopted.  I am not doing so at this point.

Actually, the final vote, which I have not seen declared shows that the sole party to support it fully is the RPP.  https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=130658.60  It hasn't been declared, according to the thread.

You have the right, but the question is on your judgment in voting that way.  Does you judgment truly represent your constituents and is it in the best interest of Atlasia.

I did, but it is a nine page thread.  Nor did a search yield it.

BTW:  For the common folk, like me, where is the "SoAE" thread.  I'm sure that is insider jargon for another title, but why not just post a link or a location.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 11:58:33 PM »

Thanks for finally posting that, with the correct name.  I went through the first five pages and didn't see a 'do not contact" reference.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 01:09:48 AM »

Thanks for finally posting that, with the correct name.  I went through the first five pages and didn't see a 'do not contact" reference.

I did have the correct name I said the "Secretary of Federal Election's thread. The Department is run by its secretary, so its the Secretary's thread.

Look at the last two pages (13 and 14 I think), it should be on one of them. There is also a thread from back in late December which I would dig up but my slow connection won't let me load but a few threads, while I am downloading an update.

So, basically, to get to the point where someone, or many someones can find it, you have to go to thread with a different title and then dig through 13-14 pages to find it.  And you expect people to find it with a casual reference.

The link is here: 

Six weeks old, and you expect everyone to know where it is.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 01:30:17 AM »

I didn't expect anything. When we get a new SoFE (since Teddy left), then he can find a way to make it more visible.

You could have posted the link; I did.  I'm very concerned about the future of the RPP, especially since others requested the same explanation.

Where is the signing of the deregistration law/rule/game regulation?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 02:37:32 PM »

I will be seeking the party nomination for president.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 08:27:36 PM »

I will be seeking the party nomination for president.

I don't like primaries or even endorsement votes really. I prefer that if someone wants to run to let them and then have them colloraborate and work strategically to ensure they don't split the party's vote. Its builds party unity and cooperation. It also helps build trust and respect for one another.

If I were to hold one though, I would only do so with assurances that the loser would drop out of the race.

The other problem is time. We have planned several sets of speeches for this week and to have an endorsement vote would delay those significantly.

I decline to drop out.

I can assure the votes that voters that I will not be collaborating with any other candidate for president.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 08:08:31 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2011, 11:33:54 PM by J. J. »

Hi, I'm J. J.  I'm running for President and my campaign is a joke.  The issues that I'm raising however, are not jokes.

We talk about what Atlasia.  Here is what has been said about it in the past.

PiT said that Atlasia was, …the golden dream; that the people are free from the despotism of overarching unitarian government…

Duke warned, ”We cannot afford to fall victim to the big government bureaucrats in the capital who want to remove all of our power and make us just another yes’mam rubberstamp to their agenda.” –

“We must elect senators who will pass good legislation, repeal existing bad legislation, and defeat proposed bad legislation.” Brandon H. advised.

These comments are from 2008 RPP Platform. 

The golden dream is tarnished brass, our senators seem to do the opposite and if you try to find statute in Atlasia, you will see “big government” in action, a morass of needless and confusing regulations.

I’ve tried looking through statute, using Wiki, and the Atlas search function to look at rights of citizenship in Atlasia.  I never found the statute I was looking for; well, I have not been too active and didn’t understand Atlasia, I’ve been told.  It took experienced and active members, some I’ve actually quoted, several days to find it. 

I’ve seen the active members in action in the last debate.  One, a current nominee for attorney general, didn’t realize that we had ceased hostilities in foreign wars, and the other couldn’t explain why we were still paying for it!  One “enlightened” member criticized me for not drafting legislation, without realizing that it was currently pending in the Senate (I actually had inquired with the President on its status). 

This is the state of affairs in the Atlasia.  You don’t have to know what is going on, because nobody else does!

We complain about the lack of participation in the game that is Atlasia.  Part of the reason is because the game is too complex; it needs changes, quickly.  It is next for impossible for someone who doesn’t live in the Senate to participate (and in the Senate, it might be just as hard).

If you vote for me, I’ll try to change that.  Here is how:

1.  Veto any measure before the Senate, until the Senate codifies the rules relating to voting and membership in general in a single, assessable document.

2.  After that, veto any measure until the Senate requires a description of each bill, accurate, to be added to the title so that the bill can be easily searched.

3.  I will establish a registry of passed legislation so that, at least, the newer laws of Atlasia will be in a centralized place.

4.  I will establish a similar registry for executive orders.

I don’t favor any great changes in the election laws, except a chance to permit voters, not facing criminal charges. 

After that, I will resign.  If I deregister at that point, I will do that as well.

I find it ironic that the Senate has the power to enact every change, right now, completely rendering my candidacy moot and unneeded. 

While I’ve been accused of dividing the Right and the Left, I’ve found support for these ideas across the ideological spectrum.  Personally, I think we need to stop worrying about the Left and the Right until we get the game working.

Thank you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies