Regional Protection Party Convention - Welcome To Chicago!!! (Speeches) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:46:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party Convention - Welcome To Chicago!!! (Speeches) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party Convention - Welcome To Chicago!!! (Speeches)  (Read 5707 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: February 03, 2011, 07:51:02 PM »
« edited: February 09, 2011, 10:37:31 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Regional Protection Party Convention
February 2011
Chicago, Illinois

Activity. Integrity. Experience. Leadership    

Party Sign-in Sheet:
Senator North Carolina Yankee - Party Chairman (Presiding)
Governor A-bob
Fmr. Governor Swedish Cheese
Emperor PiT
Assemblyman Inks.LWC
Taft4Prez
Fmr. Governor Tmthforu94
Johannus Calvinus Libertas
Fmr. Assemblyman junkie
Fmr. President afleitch
Senator ahduke99
Fmr. Assemblyman True Conservative
Fmr. Assemblyman Cathcon
Fmr. Lt. Governor tb75
Soon to be SoFE Franzl
Fmr. Governor Brandonh
Winfield
Dead0man
Mjh
ME Justice Big Bad Fab
Fmr. Governor RowanBrandon
Fmr. President Keystone Phil
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 07:58:29 PM »

I am not sure when we will fit this in but we need a person to the chair the NE RPP. Its been vacant since RowanBrandon joined the DA in August 2009.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 07:34:13 PM »

I was not sure where to post it. 

I just really want out.

Aint you ever heard the Eagles before?

Atlasia is run like the Hotel California.

You can check out anytime you like, but you may never leave.

Such a great song. Smiley

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 08:02:31 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2011, 08:07:55 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I was not sure where to post it.  

I just really want out.

Aint you ever heard the Eagles before?

Atlasia is run like the Hotel California.

You can check out anytime you like, but you may never leave.

Such a great song. Smiley

I always thought it sucked.

Don Henley such better stuff in the 80's.  Dirty Laundry for instance.

And as for Atlasia, you can I wonder if the senators from this party would vote against streaming the process of leaving.  Desperate for votes, I guess, and they are slipping through their fingers.

Boys of Summer was his best period.

I said it in one of the PM's I think. De-registration was messy when it was in place and it was removed because of a very complicated legal crisis it created back in 2008 I beleive. This is why there is opposition to it. I don't think any such standards as placed in the current bill will serve to prevent that from happening again.

Edit: The presence of a Don't PM list allows people who want out to not be PMed so they can sit out three elections in a row without being harrassed. The activity requirements purge them from the rolls at that point. I don't see why you need to actively de-register when this standard is in place, unless its to avoid harassment, but as I said, there is the don't PM list. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 09:50:54 PM »

For your information the two RPP senators are not in the Senate to represent just the party. We have to make votes based on what we think is best for the country. It is my beleif that de-registration causes more problems then it solves. I am not the only one who holds this view and it was a broad consensus for almost two years. Obviously a majority of the Senate wants it now and as such it will be passed into law.

It is unfair, and shamefull to declare that a whole party opposes freedom simply because you disagree with the way two of its members vote and an issue dealing with Game Play not an in game issue. That is the epitome of opposing freedom and it is shamefull.

And J. J. I wasn't talking about the PM blocker in your profile. I was talking about a list established by the damn SoFE in the Secretary of Forum Elections thread towards the top of the board. And since you obviously didn't grasp the difference, please don't misdirect other people.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 10:46:47 PM »

You don't have to enagage in any of that or break the rules to leave. Weren't you listening? All you have to do is stop voting and let your membership tick tick tick away with the clock.

And of course the law will soon be passed, so this crisis can be brought to an end with everyone satisfied I hope.

I have never had someone claim that the only way to be for freedom is to agree with him 100% on every issue. Oh, yea, actually I do remember someone now. Someone who talked about freedom a lot. Wink

J. J. you don't even understand how the current setup works, how can you claim to hold the only pro-freedom position?

As for the SoFE's thread, why don't you take a look through some of the threads on this board and  stop relying on somone directing you to everything. Tongue It shouldn't be hard to find, its not like its stickied at the top of the board or anything.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 10:54:06 PM »

It appears we don't have time to do any procedural stuff before the speeches and I would prefer not to do that stuff mixed together. So we will handle all such business after the speeches are done.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 11:21:22 PM »

You don't have to enagage in any of that or break the rules to leave. Weren't you listening? All you have to do is stop voting and let your membership tick tick tick away with the clock.

I would still be a voter, even though I would choose not to associate myself with Atlasia.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Actually, you persuaded me to "delay" my departure.

I never claimed that I had the only right position; I do claim that the current RPP members of the Senate do not.  I heard some say recently that they would would not like to be misinterpreted.  Hummm.

Since I was not the only one to ask, it doesn't seem to be exactly clear.  Interestingly, I was looking for things like the registration requirements earlier and could not readily find them.  Having a separate list, or referring to it by name, would have been helpful.  It might be clear to you, but not the rest of us.
[/quote]

1. Yes, but only for three elections, then you would be removed from the voter roll for innactivity.
2. As I recall, I asked and was told emphatically no. Does that mean you have changed your mind?
3. Once again, do I not have the freedom to vote how I think best for the game? Does the Southeast not deserve an independent minded Senator, who calls them as he sees them? My votes in the Senate are in the best interests of my constituents regardless of what party they are in. As PiT said, the history is mixed on this issue with many people taking a different opinion on it. The support and opposition is completely bipartisan.
4. Why not check the "Introduction to Atlasia" thread (Its also sticked). It has the voter requirements, the parties, the gov't structure and whole cadre of information as up to date as Marokai Blue decides to make it, since he created the thread when he was AG. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 11:27:25 PM »

Links (Because somehow this devil still has a heart) Department of Federal Elections

Introduction to Atlasia
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 12:22:35 AM »

Thanks for finally posting that, with the correct name.  I went through the first five pages and didn't see a 'do not contact" reference.

I did have the correct name I said the "Secretary of Federal Election's thread. The Department is run by its secretary, so its the Secretary's thread.

Look at the last two pages (13 and 14 I think), it should be on one of them. There is also a thread from back in late December which I would dig up but my slow connection won't let me load but a few threads, while I am downloading an update.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 01:12:14 AM »

I didn't expect anything. When we get a new SoFE (since Teddy left), then he can find a way to make it more visible. I do beleive FRanzl will be confirmed tomorrow (What the hell is this? Annie. Everything happens tomorrow)
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 02:03:13 AM »

I didn't expect anything. When we get a new SoFE (since Teddy left), then he can find a way to make it more visible.

You could have posted the link; I did.  I'm very concerned about the future of the RPP, especially since others requested the same explanation.

Where is the signing of the deregistration law/rule/game regulation?

Did you not read my earlier post. I was downloading an important update that was very essential. I have a dial up internet connection and mult-tasking isn't on the agenda. It was taking me two minutes just too load this thread at points. Imagine if I tried to load a thread that I had not opened in weeks, it risked jamming the connection or even breaking it, ruining my download.  Am I supposed to abandon seven hours of download just so I can please you with instant satisfaction? Have some patience. If you don't like it, pay for my upgrade in connection and higher bill damn it. Angry. I certainly can't afford it with the crap thatst going on.

I would appreciate not being lectured on the direction of the RPP because of something that is managed by a gov't official and thus any criticisms should be directed at President Fritz as to how that is managed or how visible it is.

I would think the White House thread, wouldn't you? I am sure you have already been on it since you dug up the link to the deregistration bill. Use some common sense if you aren't given a link. It isn't hard to deduce something like "Secretary of Forum Elections", "Department of Forum Elections" The both have "of forum elections". And Secretaries run Departments in the Gov't in both RL and here. Its not hard to figure out.

Can you stop criticizing and attacking me now? I find it highly annoying that someone who doesn't know all that has been done over the last year starts bitcing about problems as if he is the only one who sees it and is the only one who cares. What do you think we have been doing? We have completely reorganized the administration of elections, we created the Registrar General, We have had the Introduction thread for two years. Efforts have been made, however to someone who hasn't seen the progress, all you see is the long road ahead. Its very disrespectfull to those who fought for these changes like Fritz and Franzl and Marokai to then act as nothign has been done.

And stop posting in this convention thread. If you want to continue, unblock my damn PM, if not thats your problem, but this thread is for a purpose and it isn't to show you the ropes.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 02:35:31 PM »

Lets try and keep it to convention business now.

If you can't find something like a thread or the Wiki, PM a respected Atlasian (Fritz, myself, Franzl, tmth etc) and they will be glad to guide you in the right direction.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 07:33:33 PM »

I will be seeking the party nomination for president.

I don't like primaries or even endorsement votes really. I prefer that if someone wants to run to let them and then have them colloraborate and work strategically to ensure they don't split the party's vote. Its builds party unity and cooperation. It also helps build trust and respect for one another.

If I were to hold one though, I would only do so with assurances that the loser would drop out of the race.

The other problem is time. We have planned several sets of speeches for this week and to have an endorsement vote would delay those significantly.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 08:51:37 PM »

I will be seeking the party nomination for president.

I don't like primaries or even endorsement votes really. I prefer that if someone wants to run to let them and then have them colloraborate and work strategically to ensure they don't split the party's vote. Its builds party unity and cooperation. It also helps build trust and respect for one another.

If I were to hold one though, I would only do so with assurances that the loser would drop out of the race.

The other problem is time. We have planned several sets of speeches for this week and to have an endorsement vote would delay those significantly.

I decline to drop out.

I can assure the votes that voters that I will not be collaborating with any other candidate for president.

Then there won't be an endorsement vote. Sorry. There is no point in having one if its essentially meaningless ,especially if it delays the proceedings.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 11:00:28 PM »

Good Evening Ladies and Gentleman!

Its great too see so many dedicated and hard working members of the RPP gathered here in the windy city of Chicago for our February convention. We have before as a very important election, in which I fully hope that we elect Tmth/Dallas to the White House. These two passionate and dedicated servants have a record of both passionate advocacy of core beliefs and important issues while simultaneously demonstrating an ability to work in a bipartisan manner to advance policies to improve Atlasia. Whether it’s a strong focus on education or the emphasis on the importance of balancing the budget, there is no stronger team then that of Tmth/Dallas.

I am sure most of you have heard about, thought about, argued over, or in some way dealt with the issue that I am going to discuss here tonight. That issue is an important aspect of the game. That issue defines the tenor and tone as well as the quality and substance of the political debates in Atlasia.  It determines the success or failure of officeholders and that most critical factor, that of the level of fun which this game possesses for people. That issue, my friends, is the problem of Activity. 

Activity however is not just a problem. To the passionate and dedicated people in this game, activity is a accurate description of their performance and an appraisal of their dedication.  Tmthforu94 can definitely be considered as one of these people. It must be remembered that activity or rather inactivity is also an infectious disease. One can hardly claim that inactive politicians don’t result from an inactive, dormant populace. Efforts aimed at targeting this indirectly, whether it be from reforming the constitution like was done last summer or simply moving around information is only a marginal change. What we need is new level and era of involvement, not by politicians for they couldn’t drive a heard of cattle, but by the citizens. We need more active and engaged hard journalism. We even could probably use some opinion journalism as well in this game. We need issue advocacy on the part of citizens to pressure elected officials and lobby for their causes.

We need a pool of people from which the next generation of officials and candidates will come from. We can’t do this without people and we can get new people by having as a our first step saying were we definitely won’t look for them. It should be remembered that the most notorious Atlasian in the last two years was recruited on site, despite his claims at one point to the contrary. Wink The risk of getting a bad apple is the same no matter the source of that recruit. Tmth promises to continue reasonable efforts started under President fritz to bring new people into the game in a controlled process. From that process we have seen the arrival of new people, some of which show promise. 

I have long said that no matter what we did, we were never going to be able to legislate activity. Whether it was Game Moderator reform in 2009, the constitutional consolidation in mid 2010, or the long term efforts at improving the wiki. All are good and have been a benefit to Atlasia. But in the end, we are less active then we were in 2009, despite higher turnout in elections.

And contrary to some of the liberal talking heads, we don’t have some advantage going into this election. The numbers alone give a huge advantage to our opponents. However we would be doing a disservice by not contesting the White House, regardless of what the final result is. With that said I have complete confidence that tmth can win this election and that he is the best choice to lead this nation and to elect him would be a superb strategic move at a critical juncture in the game (points to the one person who can identify the source of this line, he knows who he is. Wink ).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies