Regional Protection Party Convention - Welcome To Chicago!!! (Speeches) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:29:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party Convention - Welcome To Chicago!!! (Speeches) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party Convention - Welcome To Chicago!!! (Speeches)  (Read 5704 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 04, 2011, 01:39:51 PM »

Pentacostal Libertas is present and accounted for
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 08:25:52 PM »

Journey of Vision

Fellow Members of the RPP and honored guests: We do indeed have a golden opportunity to change the course of Atlasian politics. Am I aware that the Atlasian Left has had a firm grip in the control of governance for quite some time? Indeed I've been well aware of that. Yet we stand here as both a loyal yet firm and conscientious opposition to the radical progressivism that they have led the country into. Changes do indeed need to be made. As the former American President John F. Kennedy once said,   "The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger - but recognize the opportunity." By communicating the need to balance the budget, By reforming education in light of global competition , By adding more of the dynamics of foreign  policy to the game, spearheading an energy plan that stewards both environmental concerns alongside the desire to free ourselves from the need for foreign oil, We can indeed make Atlasia a place of prosperity. 

We all indeed recognize the need for the national government to have a budget to run. Like a family it needs to be wise how much it spends and what it spends it's finances on. Since my arrival, I've seen the leadership pandering to of all nations a ruthless dictatorship like China for aid. This should prove to all Atlasians that we are in the mist of an economic crises. We all recognize that defense is a needed expenditure that must be dealt  with in a sensitive way. The high corporate taxes are choking the life of our economy to stimulate job growth could we consider a cut of at least 50%. So in light of these matters we should cut non-educational spending by at least 5% percent with the eventuality of a Balanced Budget Amendment. This would stabilize the Atlasian books. We also would seek to have regular and thorough audits of the Federal Reserve. Is it in the best interest of Atlasia to have our monetary policy dictated by a private firm rather than our national representatives? Many of my fellow advocates of a center-right government think that it's not the best of ideas that a private company handle the finances of the government. These audits would compel the government to maintain a high level of accountability. Do we think that the current administration would put these safeguards in? No. They want to keep the spending going with high tax rates for the individual. We as centrists, libertarians and conservatives must keep petitioning the administration over this redress and when that day comes that we have the sacred responsibility of serving the Atlasian people, we govern like it. Our city on a hill is in need of a makeover back to time tested ideas that promote freedom and responsible government. 

Where do we stand with regarding the education of our younger citizens? The current path of public school supremacy is quite detrimental to our families. I have heard of recent legislation or judical rulings that attack what is known as homeschooling. I am friends with many homeschoolers and they were glad to have their parents educate them. Often with these families it is beacuse of religious conviction and mistrust of a failing public school system that promote idealologies that those parents strongly oppose. Why should parents be forced to send their children to such public schools? School choice should be protected. Why isn't the freeflow and competition of various scientific ideas such as the debate over evolution vs inteligent design allowed in classes today? President Lincoln said that the philosophy of the classroom in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next. Public schools should be a place that all the major political and economic theories of how government should be ran can be discussed.  It is absolutely horrendous that professors are being denied tenure beacuse they disagree with their domninant liberal and often socialstic colleagues. Isn't discrimination beacuse of political leanings in the workplace illegal in this country? This is why we should support of a national version of The Charter School Act that was recently passed in the Mideast region 

What I believe is coming to be a potential issue in the game is the lack of a place for foreign policy. Adding this to the game would add a much needed dynamic. As many of our economic issues concern trade relations with other nations, the need for the foreign policy dynamic is going to become more key. 

Reducing our need for foreign oil is on the minds of Atlasians of every political stripe, but what direction should we go? Yes clean energy options such as hydrogen should be explored within the market system as independent as current law allows. I'm asking those in big energy to work with the EPA to come up with ways to drill for oil in ways that will lessen the damage that will come with drilling. With that I'm asking the environmentalists to let go of the bans on offshore drilling, the ban on drilling in ANWAR, and the further exploration of inland oil and natural gas deposits. 

If we do these things, Atlasia will become much stronger. Let us do justly, love mercy and walk humbly. 

As my regional governor, Tmthforu94 led pragmatically and though him and I have had our differences of view on policy, I believe him as the best selection amongst conservatives, moderates and libertarians. 

Thank you and may God bless and keep Atlasia
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies