Regional Protection Party Convention - Welcome To Chicago!!! (Speeches) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:11:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party Convention - Welcome To Chicago!!! (Speeches) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party Convention - Welcome To Chicago!!! (Speeches)  (Read 5659 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: February 04, 2011, 06:28:19 PM »

Present.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 02:31:27 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen. I apologise for my inactivity for the past few weeks; this has been due to personal problems which I am sure you will understand. I have been able to continue in my role as Mideast Assemblyman but at a reduced capacity.

If I can for just a second speak break with the agenda and speak to the convention and to the country at large

It is clear that Atlasia this month has a unique opportunity to elect a great public citizen, an outstanding consensus politician and a dear friend to the highest office in the land. Let this convention produce a quiet ripple growing to a steady wave to sweep Tmthforu into office.

People often ask what makes a great President? The truth of the matter is we do not know, we do not know when he is elected, or when he serves and even when he has left office and all that can be done is to reflect on the decisions he has made. I have had the pleasure to have served in the Office of the Presidency on two occasions. My most recent was a mistake; it was a  mistake because I didn't defend what the office was against those who campaigned about what the office should be. They won the battle and reformed the office in their image unintentionally negating, almost but not quite, the achievements of their predecessors and indeed their ultimate successor. Therefore the Presidency can no longer be a quiet office.

So why entrust the office to a quiet man? Why entrust the office to a modest, humble politician like Isaac? The answer is simple. Voters should not, should never be overawed by the Presidency. The President should reflect the desires of the people, should reflect but also temper their mood and should oversee the due process of government and of the legislature. This should be reflected in the stroke of his pen as he signs bills into law or pauses to reflect before casting a veto.

I trust Isaac. I trust him to deliver on his promises. I trust him to be a better President than I was or could be. I trust him to engage with the Senate, to select a balanced cabinet and put the interests of the game and the country first.

Thank you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies