MA: Third Mideast Abortion Statute (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:36:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: Third Mideast Abortion Statute (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Third Mideast Abortion Statute (Failed)  (Read 4267 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: February 06, 2011, 03:56:37 PM »

Slight background for this.

The Third Statute was hotly contested at the time and was passed during a peak of moral posturing (at least the Right to Life Amendment was withdrawn). While I would be more than happy to return to the First Statute, this bill allows for abortions after the first trimester to the 180th day of pregnancy for reasons other than threat to life/rape etc. However unlike the First Statute it requried the consent of two physicians (a simplified version of the rules in Britain). I don't like such compromises usually but it may be the only way to relax our laws.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 04:45:12 AM »

Aye
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 04:41:55 PM »

How about just going with this. No abortions after the first trimester except in cases of rape, incest or to save the life of the mother? Or even better, no abortions except in cases of rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother? What about promoting adoption?

That was passed once and the region struck it don

And would strike it down again.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 11:27:44 AM »

I respect your decision. I note that the Second Statute passed the Assembly and went to then public after a protest. The public voted to re-affirm the Assembly's decision. This could have happened with this bill. The bill was a genuine attempt to pull back from one extreme and instead of moving to another extreme reach a fairer compromise.

Given the likely failure of the passage of this bill I will consider whether or not to seek the necessary signatures to force a public vote.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies