Indiana 2012 Congressional Races (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:53:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Indiana 2012 Congressional Races (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Indiana 2012 Congressional Races  (Read 33392 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« on: May 04, 2012, 08:44:38 AM »

Even though I'd love to see a Democrat in this seat (and I do think Donnelly COULD beat Mourdock, though it would be a tough battle), I honestly think the country is better served by having more Republicans in Congress who don't see the anyone with different political views as "the enemy."  Although I disagree with many of his positions, Lugar is one of the better members of the current Republican Senate caucus (not saying much, but still, he's always seemed like a decent enough guy).  So I hope Lugar wins the primary, even though there's no way Donnelly can beat him.  Unfortunately, don't think there is much of a chance of Lugar winning and could easily see him losing by a larger than expected margin.  Mourdock has the momentum in the primary, as best as I can tell.  If Mourdock wins the primary though, then Donnelly 2012!

+1000!
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 03:34:54 AM »

Bennett was bagged in Utah, and Specter just fled the scene futilely seeking to evade that certain final exit that was his ineluctable fate.  How many moderates are left to bag anyway? I mean now they are eating their own when they go after Hatch.

The only 4 Republicans that aren't completely right-wing are the Maine Senators (one of whom is retiring), Murkowski (she's moved a bit to the left after she got elected as an Independent), and Scott Brown (who is still crazy right-wing for Massachusetts).

And how many Democrats, which are not left-wing? Slightly more, i agree, but not by very much
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 06:06:59 AM »

[
Warner, Webb, Landrieu, Pryor, Ben Nelson, Bill Nelson, Tester, Baucus, Feinstein, Casey, Hagan, Reid, Wyden, Lieberman, Blumenthal, McCaskill, Menendez, Conrad, Johnson, Manchin and Rockefeller.

Tester, Feinstein, Wyden, Blumenthal, Menendez and Rockefeller (at least) are "pure liberals" for my tastes))))
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies