Second Presidential Debate, Feb. 8 - Feb 12 (CLOSING STATEMENTS) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:41:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Second Presidential Debate, Feb. 8 - Feb 12 (CLOSING STATEMENTS) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Second Presidential Debate, Feb. 8 - Feb 12 (CLOSING STATEMENTS)  (Read 1628 times)
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« on: February 08, 2011, 02:16:35 PM »
« edited: February 11, 2011, 07:06:41 PM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

Hello to all of Atlasia from The Voice!  To continue the series of debates The Independent started in conjunction with The Voice, the Second Presidential Debate is today!  At 1 PM PST, all candidates have a three hour time limit to give their opening statements before we move onto the subject of game reform.

I have created this thread early on the possibility that I will not be here at 1 PM.  However, I will be on when the deadline for opening statements is up.

Currently, we have the JCP candidate Governor Oakvale, the RPP/POP candidate Governor Tmthforu94.  If there are any other candidates that wish to participate, please post here before the debate begins.

I will allow each candidate to respond to each other as long as debate remains civil.  Outside comments are also warranted under the same rule.  

Bon chance tout le monde! Smiley
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 07:18:49 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2011, 07:26:21 PM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

Thank you to all the candidates for their opening statements.  We will now move on to the subject of Game Reform with these two questions:

What is the most important aspect of game reform you wish to push through in your administration?

Do you believe that the current voting system is ideal?  Why or why not?

And I would also like to thank the candidates on behalf of The Voice, for the praise and the punctuality to respond in time. Smiley

An hour to respond.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 08:57:27 PM »

J.J.'s just pointed out a question I've been waiting to ask, I will end tonight's round early at 7 PM, give around 12 hours for people to catch up.

What is the usefulness of the Wiki in your eyes?

Do you wish to implement it more into Atlasia?

Are the current legislative proceedings ideal?

How would you currently improve the inactivity issue in Atlasia?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 05:58:50 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2011, 07:46:30 PM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

We will continue from where we left off yesterday, to finish off game reform.

Do you believe that Atlasia is oversimplified or overcomplicated?

and

What is your ideal vision for Atlasia after your presidency?

Deadline @ 5:10 PM.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 08:20:28 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2011, 08:29:18 PM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

Moving on, we will now push into other questions.

Is Atlasia's national security adequate?  Have the latest terrorist attacks proven just how vulnerable we are?

Is the current national legislature the most ideal?  How would you like it changed?

Do you believe Atlasia should be a much larger force in international intervention efforts?

Deadline: 5:50 PM.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 09:06:16 PM »

Finally, before we move on to the third session, two more questions:

1.  What is your opinion of the recent events surrounding the major political parties of Atlasia?

2.  Will your focus as President be on the in-game aspect or the real world aspect?  What is the most integral part of this focus?

After 7 PM PST, the session will fold into an open-debate form.  In this case, the candidates are now free to communicate amongst each other, as well as outside observers.  If things become disorderly, I will shut down the session immediately.

The open-debate will last until I get back on tomorrow (approximately 7:30 AM PST)
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 10:45:42 AM »

Due to some very urgent business, I will extend open debate until I get back.  Sorry guys, I don't have much of a time approximation for this one.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 07:06:06 PM »

I'm extremely sorry for my lack of presence as of late but RL issues came up that I need to attend to. 

I will now open the floor for closing statements.  Again, sorry for the delay.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies