The NY-26 Election. Have fun but keep your shirt on. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:12:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The NY-26 Election. Have fun but keep your shirt on. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The NY-26 Election. Have fun but keep your shirt on.  (Read 49871 times)
rbt48

« on: February 09, 2011, 10:31:46 PM »

Good, another Congressional special election coming up. Jackpot week.

If I remember correctly, New York's governor need not call a separate special election if he does not want to.  The seat could remain vacant until the November general election.  Governor Paterson held Massa's NY-29 vacant until the November 2010 election, even though Massa resigned in March 2010.

There must be something in the water that makes Upstate Congressmen do dumb things when they go to Washington.
876]
I wouldn't be surprised to see Jack Quinn III run here, even if his house is outside the district.

He is probably in NY-27, his father, grandfather whatever's old district.

I would think that George Marziarz or whatever his name is would have the nomination if he wanted it. Its chosen by the county party chairman, unless thats changed.
[/quote]
Remain vacant until Jan, 2013?  That would be absolutely amazing.  I truly doubt this would possibly happen.
rbt48

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 09:54:45 PM »

Hopefully the Republicans come home, if so I predict Davis fades:
My prediction:

Corwin -  47
Hochul -  46
Davis   -  6
Murphy - <1

I hope you are right.  When I look at a map of the district, this is a race the GOP should not lose.  If Corwin loses, blame her taking the death bate of Medicare reform and the timing of taking out Bin Laden.  If Hochul wins, she won't be out of Congress for many years.
rbt48

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 10:28:12 PM »

When the polls close at 9 PM on Tuesday (ET), what are good websites to view results?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies