Kyl to retire
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:33:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kyl to retire
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Kyl to retire  (Read 12932 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2011, 06:40:30 PM »

If thats the case, Flake may be screwed. His glaring vulnerability is an issue at the top of GOP primary voter's minds, and Franks is on the right side of that arguement.

Although he has an ACU of 96, Flake appears a lot more rational and levelheaded then Trent Franks. Franks is a fundie pervert.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2011, 10:51:36 PM »

If thats the case, Flake may be screwed. His glaring vulnerability is an issue at the top of GOP primary voter's minds, and Franks is on the right side of that arguement.

Although he has an ACU of 96, Flake appears a lot more rational and levelheaded then Trent Franks. Franks is a fundie pervert.

And that is supposed to challenge my point about Flake being weak in a primary?
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2011, 11:00:59 PM »

Flake just pulled a John McCain on Immigration.

JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #128 on: April 01, 2011, 03:58:17 PM »

Turns out Franks was just kidding; he's not running after all. This is not a stupid April Fool's Day joke:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2011, 01:46:29 AM »

So who's going to carry the tea-party mantle in AZ.  Paging J.D....
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2011, 08:27:59 PM »

So who's going to carry the tea-party mantle in AZ.  Paging J.D....
Flake does have appeal to the Tea Party. The problem is that immigration issue.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2011, 02:23:54 PM »

Based on what I heard about Giffords' condition on NPR this morning, there's no chance they should be considering a Senate run for her. She has made great progress but her speaking ability is severely hindered. Her brain works but she can't retrieve words easily. I hope and believe she will recover a great deal in the future and is working toward that, but a major statewide race is not realistic.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2011, 02:36:11 PM »

If Giffords is incapacitated and Napolitano doesn't want to run, then Ed Pastor is honestly the only decent candidate. He is the most sr member of the delegation and has survived wave elections like 1994 and 2010. He could also help increase Hispanic turnout.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2011, 02:47:07 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2011, 04:19:41 PM by JohnnyLongtorso »

Terry Goddard or Felecia Rotellini (the AG nominee who did the best of all the statewide Dems last year) would be decent candidates. I don't really see how Pastor would be a great candidate; he's a liberal Hispanic Democrat in a safe district.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2011, 04:01:28 PM »

Based on what I heard about Giffords' condition on NPR this morning, there's no chance they should be considering a Senate run for her. She has made great progress but her speaking ability is severely hindered. Her brain works but she can't retrieve words easily. I hope and believe she will recover a great deal in the future and is working toward that, but a major statewide race is not realistic.

She honestly wasn't that great of a candidate to begin with. Democrats would be better off giving Goddard a second chance.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2011, 06:19:16 PM »

Terry Goddard or Felecia Rotellini (the AG nominee who did the best of all the statewide Dems last year) would be decent candidates. I don't really see how Pastor would be a great candidate; he's a liberal Hispanic Democrat in a safe district.

Yeah, Liberal Hispanics don't play particularly well in Arizona.  Any democrat who wants to be competitive statewide has to pretend to no oppose to S.B. 1070 (or whatever one the immigration bill was), as its still widely popular there, and I'm pretty sure he staunchly opposes it.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #136 on: April 28, 2011, 10:59:38 AM »

Yeah, Liberal Hispanics don't play particularly well in Arizona.  Any democrat who wants to be competitive statewide has to pretend to no oppose to S.B. 1070 (or whatever one the immigration bill was), as its still widely popular there, and I'm pretty sure he staunchly opposes it.

he's still a better candidate than Raul Grijalva
victorola
« Reply #137 on: April 28, 2011, 04:53:55 PM »

Despite his loss Goddard's favorables are still quite high. He probably is the best shot for the Democrats here in AZ.

"I will never support and I will never sign a bill like sb1070" he did say this at a party gathering in flagstaff last fall.  How to handle the immigration issue in AZ is quite a problem is of course a problem for the Democratic party. Obviously they can not support it but they have tried to sidestep the issue and instead focus on economics, education, healthcare and whatnot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies