Kyl to retire (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:44:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kyl to retire (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kyl to retire  (Read 12994 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: February 10, 2011, 10:34:08 AM »

Honestly, I had to look twice to be sure this isn't another blubber thread.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 11:41:12 AM »

All right, does anyone seriously know who will run for the seat from both sides?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 12:31:24 PM »

Arpaio for Senate!

Seriously though, it's going to be Flake.

Arizona is a badass state. They are never going to send a Flake to the Senate!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 02:00:57 PM »

Not gonna give her enough time to learn how to get her life together first, huh?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/49393_Page2.html

If she decides to enter the race, she will be a difficult target for Republicans. Attacking an assassination survivor sounds very unappetizing to me.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 03:04:14 PM »

Not gonna give her enough time to learn how to get her life together first, huh?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/49393_Page2.html

If she decides to enter the race, she will be a difficult target for Republicans. Attacking an assassination survivor sounds very unappetizing to me.

And yet you leftists attack Ronald Reagan all the time.

A Pelosi liberal is not winning Arizona.

Shut up troll.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 11:11:09 AM »

What's minor about the distinction between being fully recovered quickly and being handicapped for life?

I reacted badly because in our non-hypothetical world, the biggest victim here is Giffords for being shot through the brain. If there is a political dimension to the loss, it's to Democrats whose strongest statewide candidate is now likely sidelined and incapable of serving. So you'll understand why I react badly to Republicans styling themselves as victims here based on a weak hypothetical or "people attacked Reagan and someone shot at him." I don't react well to that whining when in the real world Democrats have to cope with losing our senate candidate to a madman's gun.

Giffords is an anonymous Congresswoman. Your average American barely knows her name, and only because of this incident. Only a small percentage of political junkies is even interested in her day to day or week to week medical prognosis, and a year from now it'll mostly be off the news like all things go.

LOL! Apparently only well-known politicians deserve our sympathy when they are incapacitated because somebody tried to assassinate them.
And some people wonder why I call him a troll.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 11:53:14 AM »

What's minor about the distinction between being fully recovered quickly and being handicapped for life?

I reacted badly because in our non-hypothetical world, the biggest victim here is Giffords for being shot through the brain. If there is a political dimension to the loss, it's to Democrats whose strongest statewide candidate is now likely sidelined and incapable of serving. So you'll understand why I react badly to Republicans styling themselves as victims here based on a weak hypothetical or "people attacked Reagan and someone shot at him." I don't react well to that whining when in the real world Democrats have to cope with losing our senate candidate to a madman's gun.

Giffords is an anonymous Congresswoman. Your average American barely knows her name, and only because of this incident. Only a small percentage of political junkies is even interested in her day to day or week to week medical prognosis, and a year from now it'll mostly be off the news like all things go.

LOL! Apparently only well-known politicians deserve our sympathy when they are incapacitated because somebody tried to assassinate them.
And some people wonder why I call him a troll.

I think you missed 2nd grade reading class.

That's more than can be said about you.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 10:51:45 AM »

I guess Democrats have a chance after all. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies