Kyl to retire (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:58:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kyl to retire (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kyl to retire  (Read 13072 times)
Dgov
United States

« on: February 10, 2011, 10:55:53 AM »

Probably an easy R hold.  Democrats really don't have a bench in Arizona, and their best potential candidate is still lying in a hospital bed in Houston (I think).

That and I assume Obama is going to try to play up the AZ immigration law in 2012 to increase Hispanic turnout, and that's not going to help the Democrat's chances there.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 11:21:50 AM »

The only way it could get better is if, say, George Bush (SR) announces an intent to run in 2012.

Or if Obama decides to bow out for some reason
Dgov
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 06:19:16 PM »

Terry Goddard or Felecia Rotellini (the AG nominee who did the best of all the statewide Dems last year) would be decent candidates. I don't really see how Pastor would be a great candidate; he's a liberal Hispanic Democrat in a safe district.

Yeah, Liberal Hispanics don't play particularly well in Arizona.  Any democrat who wants to be competitive statewide has to pretend to no oppose to S.B. 1070 (or whatever one the immigration bill was), as its still widely popular there, and I'm pretty sure he staunchly opposes it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies