Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 01, 2014, 11:01:14 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs?
| | |-+  Alternative Elections (Moderators: Bacon King, Dallasfan65)
| | | |-+  Mark Hatfield vs. Barry Goldwater
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mark Hatfield vs. Barry Goldwater  (Read 902 times)
#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2011, 10:42:39 am »
Ignore

Two Libertarian leaning Republicans, one a moderate and one a Conservative. Maps? My major question would be how places like New Hampshire would go. In today's world they could easily go for either one of them, but how would they vote when decidieng between the two of them?

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 10:24:03 pm »
Ignore

Despie a grand total of 18 epic views... Nuthin'?

shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 09:15:00 pm »
Ignore

EPIC Hatfield landslide, having won the majority of liberal and moderate voters and also the pro-life movement.  If Goldwater were really lucky he might keep WY and ID, and get close in OK, but that's it.

Carlos Danger
wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 09:17:53 pm »
Ignore

EPIC Hatfield landslide, having won the majority of liberal and moderate voters and also the pro-life movement.  If Goldwater were really lucky he might keep WY and ID, and get close in OK, but that's it.

Yeah, pretty much.  Not sure how I'd vote for in the present context (although I might be cautiously optimistic about him, he did not have nice things to say about neocons or the Israeli lobby in his later years).

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 09:29:11 pm »
Ignore

I'd agree with Goldwater more on economics and foreign policy, though Hatfield on abortion, so it'd be a difficult choice for me.

MooMooMoo
Angry_Weasel
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 12:12:48 am »
Ignore

I'd agree with Goldwater more on economics and foreign policy, though Hatfield on abortion, so it'd be a difficult choice for me.
You are basically in the quadry that House Republicans are in- You have discovered the fact that it costs money to rein in abortion providers....if not for the exact reason why it would really cost money to rein in abortion providers.

the result is a sense that we were told to attend a lavish dinner party that was going to be wonderful and by the time we got there, all the lobster and steak had been eaten, a fight had broken out, the police had been called and all that was left was warm beer and chips.
[/quot
JCL and the Geologist
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 09:58:19 pm »
Ignore

That's a toughfie for me. On abortion and foreign policy I agree with Hatfield but with Goldwater on economics.

Congressional Races
Jackie Walorski (R/IN-2)
Marlin Stutzman (R/IN-3)
Todd Rokita (R/IN-4)
Chard Reid (Lib/IN-5)
Luke Messer (R/IN-6)
Carlos May (R/IN-7)
Larry Bucshon (R/IN-8)
Todd Young (R/IN-9)
Tom Massie (R/KY-4)
Liberté
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 10:09:09 pm »
Ignore

I'm a Goldwaterite on abortion and economics, but Hatfield's foreign policy made vastly more sense and I think Hatfield was much more of an independent dealer in the political arena. Here's how I see an election going down (green = Hatfield, grey = Goldwater):

An extremely narrow Hatfield win, 277-261, built mostly on the back of the South and the Rust Belt. Bear in mind that this map is for an election between them today; I'm not sure Goldwater's stand for state's rights would be as appealing to the South today as in 1964, whereas Hatfield's position on abortion is probably moreso.

The slave thinks he is free from bondage only to find another set of chains.
- Trent Reznor
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout