US House Redistricting: Arkansas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:38:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: Arkansas (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: Arkansas  (Read 26089 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: March 23, 2011, 09:49:09 PM »

Arkansas Democrats are either really confident that 2010 was a hiccup, or just really stupid.

Over the last 15 years, stupidity has been pretty much the province of the Arkansas Republican party.  Maybe the Dems want to get in on the action.

I don't really get this.  With Obama on the top of the ticket in 2012, it's not like things are going to really get much better downballot.  It's certainly going to scare away all the decent candidates from running in these types of districts in the 2012.  And if he wins in 2012, then you have him up there again in 2014 to foil all plans.  Not to mention if Ross decides to not run again in either of those two supposed cycles - you could easily get 4-0.  Color me confused.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 01:06:21 PM »

I've just been thinking that maybe it's because they don't want to give the one safe seat to a black.

This is, of course, the right answer.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 06:45:52 PM »

Arkansas Dems must really believe Obama won't be re-elected in 2012.  They may be right, but if they're not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies