Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2014, 07:00:20 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Off-topic Board (Moderators: Torie, Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC, The Mikado)
| | |-+  Community
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Community  (Read 5222 times)
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2012, 07:18:51 am »
Ignore

That was the best episode of the season so far.

Quote from:   Martha Gellhorn for The Atlantic 1961
The unique misfortune of the Palestinian refugees is that they are a weapon in what seems to be a permanent war...today, in the Middle East, you get a repeated sinking sensation about the Palestinian refugees: they are only a beginning, not an end. Their function is to hang around and be constantly useful as a goad. The ultimate aim is not such humane small potatoes as repatriating refugees.
fezzyfestoon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2012, 04:30:19 pm »
Ignore

That was the best episode of the season so far.

Damn! Still haven't watched it yet!
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2012, 10:49:10 pm »
Ignore

I haven't been on board with a lot of the things Community has been doing in Season 3, but the last episode was pretty fantastic, and I say that without having ever seen Law and Order.

Also, this video is my favorite thing at the moment. Alison Brie is so talented.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
I am stabbed by grace and slinging blood
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2012, 11:05:00 pm »
Ignore

I haven't been on board with a lot of the things Community has been doing in Season 3, but the last episode was pretty fantastic, and I say that without having ever seen Law and Order.

Also, this video is my favorite thing at the moment. Alison Brie is so talented.

Hmmm, I've always said she sort of resembles the main worship leader at my church, but she certainly doesn't sing like her.

Are you going to see The Five-Year Engagement?

Famous True Leftists:

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2012, 11:17:23 pm »
Ignore

At some point, almost certainly. Chris Pratt is in it, too, and I like him almost as much as her; having both in the same movie is too great to pass up, even if they're not the main characters. Chris Parnell is also in it, and he's great on 30 Rock and Archer.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2012, 06:14:12 am »
Ignore

Agreed, the last few episodes before this past one were very....dark.  This one was much better and lighter.

The unique misfortune of the Palestinian refugees is that they are a weapon in what seems to be a permanent war...today, in the Middle East, you get a repeated sinking sensation about the Palestinian refugees: they are only a beginning, not an end. Their function is to hang around and be constantly useful as a goad. The ultimate aim is not such humane small potatoes as repatriating refugees.
A-Bob
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 1.13

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2012, 08:31:45 pm »
Ignore

Agreed, the last few episodes before this past one were very....dark.  This one was much better and lighter.

I enjoyed the pillow fight 2.0 one though

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2012, 10:52:44 pm »
Ignore

I enjoyed the pillow fight 2.0 one though
Yeah, that one was good.  Then they went into an "Abed really is crazy" swing that kind of disturbed me.  I like Abed quirky and weird not in dire need of a serious mental health evaluation.

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2012, 11:09:05 pm »
Ignore

I feel the same way; I've really hated the way Abed's character has been infantilized over the course of the season (the tag of the Dreamatorium episode sticks out in particular as something repulsive). It seems like that's very much a minority opinion on the Internet, though.

Update reading list

fezzyfestoon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2012, 11:39:54 pm »
Ignore

Apparently this season has been set aside as a chance to challenge the characters' relationships and whatnot. It's supposed to be darker while next season is meant to be everything in harmony and just fun. That being said, I agree that Abed being turned into something ridiculous and possibly the most flawed character is terrible. He has definitely been diminished into a novelty of quirkiness rather than a guiding force of genuineness and objectivity that kind of made all the other characters and their flaws work.
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2012, 01:09:11 am »
Ignore

I did like the part where he tried to read the analog clock in this past episode....
Abed-8+2...divided by 5
Troy-it's ten after 8
Abed (to Annie and Shirley)-I'm gifted in other ways
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 01:11:44 am by dead0man »Logged

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2012, 06:24:47 am »
Ignore

For Dr Who fans

Pretty good ending to the season.  I reallyl liked the video game episode.  Lots of good jokes.

#sixseaonsandamovie

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2012, 01:41:48 pm »
Ignore

I hated the last episode; it felt like bad fanfiction. Abed trying to cut Jeff's arm off with a saw isn't funny or cute; it means he's dangerously insane and needs to be institutionalized for the sake of those around him.

In other news, Dan Harmon's no longer running the show.

Update reading list

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2012, 05:55:55 am »
Ignore

Community premier delayed
Good news, "Community" fans: your show may not have to air on Fridays, after all.

Bad news, "Community" fans: your show won't be returning 11 days from now.

NBC has decided to hold the October 19 premieres of both "Community" and "Whitney." I'm told the goal is to give both of them more proper support, but it's unclear if that means keeping them on Fridays but delaying them long enough to do a better marketing campaign, or if one or both of the shows will be sent in to replace a sitcom that's struggling earlier in the week (like, for instance, "Up All Night").

<snip>

“Given the success we’ve had for the past four weeks – including winning the first week of the season in A18-49 – we’ve decided to continue to concentrate our promotional strength on our new NBC shows that are scheduled Monday through Wednesday and have therefore decided to hold COMMUNITY and WHITNEY from their previously announced premieres of October 19th.  Without having to launch these comedies on Friday at this time, we can keep our promotion focused on earlier in the week -- plus we will have both comedies in our back pocket if we need to make any schedule changes on those nights.  When we have a better idea of viewing patterns in the next few weeks,  we will announce new season premieres of WHITNEY and COMMUNITY. “
uggg

Hatman
EarlAW
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.97, S: -6.00

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2012, 07:35:04 am »
Ignore

Sad

http://canadianelectionatlas.blogspot.com

Follow me on Twitter @EarlWashburn
I am stabbed by grace and slinging blood
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2012, 10:01:32 am »
Ignore

Whitney is awful. Bleh.

Famous True Leftists:

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2013, 02:49:03 am »
Ignore

Less than 24 hours!

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2013, 09:09:51 pm »
Ignore

That episode felt like Childrens Hospital somehow became an episode of Community. It was totally bizarre and I loved it. I'm on board.

Update reading list

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2013, 12:11:15 am »
Ignore

It was alright, I was hoping for a bit more to be honest.  Still, a bad episode of Community is still better than EVERYTHING ELSE ON TV!

(ok, that's not true)

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2013, 11:17:47 am »
Ignore

5th Season!

again, with just 13 episodes...but still, I think most people assumed it was done.

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2013, 04:15:01 am »
Ignore

Rumors are out that Dan Harmon may be back next season!

Averroës Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2013, 07:40:45 am »
Ignore

Fantastic news. I was actually disappointed when I first learned that there would be a fifth season, but Harmon's return would reverse that.

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2013, 01:21:52 am »
Ignore

SIX SEASONS AND A MOVIE MOTHER MUCKERS!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout