Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2014, 05:53:08 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Off-topic Board (Moderators: Torie, The Mikado, Badger)
| | |-+  Community
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Community  (Read 5548 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2011, 05:18:22 am »
Ignore

Does anyone watch this? I'm halfway into season 2 and it's the best comedy I've seen on tv since Arrested Development.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Platypus
hughento
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 08:41:58 am »
Ignore

Meh. It has its moments.

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 05:34:40 pm »
Ignore

It's possibly my favorite show on TV right now.  Troy and Abed are the best parts.

tb78
tb75
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 05:36:09 pm »
Ignore

Don't watch it much, but the Halloween episode last year was great
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 05:37:38 pm »
Ignore

I've only seen the paintball episode. What else should I watch?

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 06:03:56 pm »
Ignore

I've only seen the paintball episode. What else should I watch?

The entire show? Tongue It's partly from the same people who did Arrested Development so if you liked that...

bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 07:04:08 pm »
Ignore

It doesn't do much for me, but it's one of the better things on network TV. But that's definitely not saying much. Sad

I was just realizing how much I hate almost everything on network TV the other day... Premium cable is where it's at!

The Artist Formerly Known As and Now Again Known As Ogis
agooji
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 08:23:48 pm »
Ignore

I really like it, and I'm sure there's another D-CA who will attest to its amazing-ness.

This signature has more content than my brain.
A-Bob
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 1.13

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 11:24:05 pm »
Ignore

^

The paintball episode was the only one I saw in season 1. I feel like this will be my office replacement when carell leaves

agooji
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 12:58:18 am »
Ignore

^

The paintball episode was the only one I saw in season 1. I feel like this will be my office replacement when carell leaves

The Office has reached a point where it needs to be replaced on the viewing list regardless of Michael Scott's whereabouts.

bullmoose88
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 01:20:49 am »
Ignore

Was not impressed.

A Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative NE Republican with some Left-Libertarian/3rd Way Leanings. Simply, a Rockefeller Republican.

According to one poster, I represent a...

Dying bread of Americans.
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 02:08:05 am »
Ignore

I really like it, and I'm sure there's another D-CA who will attest to its amazing-ness.

Yeah, I have an unhealthy love for this show.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Akno21
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 01:31:02 pm »
Ignore

It's possibly my favorite show on TV right now.  Troy and Abed are the best parts.

My problem is that Troy and Abed are the only parts I like. The female characters annoy me.

Parks and Recreation is my favorite NBC Thursday offering.

A-Bob
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 1.13

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 05:05:55 pm »
Ignore

^

The Office has reached a point where it needs to be replaced on the viewing list regardless of Michael Scott's whereabouts.

It is true it has been going down hill. Really there's 3 eras of the office, The Early Era (everyone loved), the Pam and Jim are married now era and Jim is co-manager (ok) and the Sabre now owns you era (which sucks unless it's an episode with Jo)

Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 09:21:26 pm »
Ignore

Never heard of it.  What channel does it come on?

You're Atlas experience will be 100x better if you turn signatures off. Trust me.
tb78
tb75
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 09:59:37 pm »
Ignore

Never heard of it.  What channel does it come on?

NBC
agooji
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 11:04:56 pm »
Ignore

^

It is true it has been going down hill. Really there's 3 eras of the office, The Early Era (everyone loved), the Pam and Jim are married now era and Jim is co-manager (ok) and the Sabre now owns you era (which sucks unless it's an episode with Jo)

I actually think it started going downhill a lot earlier than that, when Jim and Pam started going out (at the beginning of Season 4?). I liked the first two and a half seasons, got a little frustrated when Jim left, was happy when he came back, but then disappointed that a whole facet (and the best, IMO) of the awkward humor disappeared with the beginning of the relationship.

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 11:58:27 pm »
Ignore

My problem is that Troy and Abed are the only parts I like. The female characters annoy me.
Jeff and Annie aren't that annoying and we're supposed to not like Pierce and Britta.  Shirley is just filler....well, very good filler.  The secondary characters are almost all gold.  The Dean is great, Chang is great, the Brittish guy from the Daily Show is great.  Troy and Abed are just comedy gold and make everyone else look bad in comparison.
Parks and Recreation is my favorite NBC Thursday offering.
P&R is my second favorite NBC show....if I could live my life like Ron Swanson, I would.

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 12:14:57 am »
Ignore

Jeff and Annie aren't that annoying and we're supposed to not like Pierce and Britta.  Shirley is just filler....well, very good filler.  The secondary characters are almost all gold.  The Dean is great, Chang is great, the Brittish guy from the Daily Show is great.  Troy and Abed are just comedy gold and make everyone else look bad in comparison.

Abed's pretty excellent as an observer, but he's the flattest character, and it shows when they try to make him the focus of an episode. Donald Glover is amazing, and Troy's my favorite character. His development as a character is one of the better things that's happened in this season.

I don't understand how anybody could dislike Annie.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
agooji
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 03:13:19 am »
Ignore

I dislike Chang, to be honest. His persona is just a little grating. Also, I agree that Abed is somewhat one-dimensional, but I think it's mostly the inability of a young actor to really blossom into a multi-faceted role. He'll get there, eventually. Regardless, the one dimension he portrays is still rather funny, although it's getting old.

HockeyDude
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.19, S: -8.78

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 01:53:45 pm »
Ignore

This would be the best thing about that show...

First up is OU vs. Texas at 1100, followed by TCU vs. Baylor at 1430, then two games on ESPN2 at 1800 and 2130.  I'm not sure i'll make it all the way through the last game.

RIP Bushie : (
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 01:54:39 pm »
Ignore

Brita isn't supposed to be funny, she's just a love-interest. Which they amusingly reference in one of the episodes, sort-of.

Pierce is probably my favourite character and I agree with Dead that the secondary characters are actually the best thing about the show.

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 06:03:55 pm »
Ignore

HockeyDude is right, of course.

I dislike Chang, to be honest. His persona is just a little grating. Also, I agree that Abed is somewhat one-dimensional, but I think it's mostly the inability of a young actor to really blossom into a multi-faceted role. He'll get there, eventually. Regardless, the one dimension he portrays is still rather funny, although it's getting old.

Chang was good as the crazy Spanish teacher, but he hasn't had a well-defined place in the second season. It doesn't help that he's not in a number of episodes; it renders him more easily expendable.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:17:17 pm by Χahar »Logged

Update reading list

Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 06:14:01 pm »
Ignore

Community is absolutely the best comedy on network TV right now. It's a show unafraid to take chances -- sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't. When it does pay off, though, it pays off in a big way.

The best episodes this year have easily been the Halloween one, the Apollo spoof (S.A.N.D.E.R.S. <3), and their show two weeks ago, Advanced Dungeons and Dragons.

Akno21
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 10:41:27 pm »
Ignore

Isn't it something of a problem when the secondary characters are the best thing about the show? By their very nature, they're on screen less.

I still like Community more than nearly anything else on TV, but it struggles when compared to say, 30 Rock, where you don't just have great secondary characters, but characters like Liz and Jack, who Brita and Jeff can't compare to.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout