The Wisconsin Cheese Showdown (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:37:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Wisconsin Cheese Showdown (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Wisconsin Cheese Showdown  (Read 59028 times)
Mississippi Political Freak
ECPolitico
Rookie
United States

« on: March 10, 2011, 03:56:18 AM »
« edited: March 10, 2011, 04:04:10 AM by Mississippi Political Freak »

Ah, so the Republican power grab is complete. Corporations will now have complete control of the political system. Hooray! What a great day for America! Roll Eyes

For the liberal/left-leaning posters here, I'd like to raise a few questions:

1. Are the Pubbies (especially the tea-party types) yearning for a new, permanent Gilded Age where corporations and other moneyed business interests would run amok in fulfillment of their vision of unbridled free enterprise?

2. Are many Pubbies in these days free-market fundamentalists that believes in absolutely NO government role in promoting economic justice and public well-being (except for providing national security/maintaining local law-and-order)?

3. Why the Pubbies seems to be way more Machiavellian when they take over state legislatures and governorships then the Dems, and bent on promoting polarizing wedge issues instead of serious governance? (I'm not saying Dems are innocent, but they seems to be a tad more interested in real governance)

Hope that someone can give insights on the above issues.  thanks!

(Disclaimer: My questions above are explicitly aimed at the liberal posters.  For conservative/libertarian posters, please ignore this response  or at least provide serious counter-responses.  Thanks!)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies