Dallasfan65's MA Town Map Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:44:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Dallasfan65's MA Town Map Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dallasfan65's MA Town Map Thread  (Read 160642 times)
mianfei
« on: February 24, 2018, 07:26:04 AM »

I’ve been curious to see 1992 – for all of lower New England – could you do it by town here??

Did Perot win any towns in MA, CT and/or RI?? It seems to me that the places in New England where Perot did best were the ones which swung most to Trump in 2016.

1972 is another one I have been after. Did McGovern win even any precinct in New Hampshire that election?
mianfei
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 07:58:19 PM »

I'd be interested in seeing a map of when each city/town last voted the opposite party for President.

Here's something of the sort: the last vote for Republicans in CT. Hartford last voted GOP in 1924.

Thanks! I'm surprised to see none form 1992 - is that "1996" a mistake that really means last voted GOP in 1992 since 1996 saw Democratic control in New England grow very substantially?

I'd love to see a town map of when last voted Democratic, though there wouldn't be that many beyond the 2008 and 1996 near-sweeps of the region I imagine?
mianfei
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 05:03:14 AM »

I wonder if you could draw a map of towns voting for:

• Landon in 1936 and McGovern in 1972
  • Landon in 1936 and Mondale in 1984

There are certainly quite a few of both in Massachusetts, as opposed to only three of the former (Washtenaw in Michigan, Jackson in Illinois and Deuel in South Dakota) and four of the latter (Tompkins in New York, Keweenaw in Michigan, Ringgold in Iowa and Magoffin in Kentucky) amongst counties in the rest of the nation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies