Dallasfan65's MA Town Map Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:41:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Dallasfan65's MA Town Map Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dallasfan65's MA Town Map Thread  (Read 160667 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 29, 2011, 07:59:08 PM »

Can you give us one of Bedford Falls?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 07:15:15 AM »

Eddie Doolan didn't know when to quit.

This is pretty awesome.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 10:18:56 AM »

Reading his wikipedia page, I can see why you'd like Martin.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Though it does seem he went a bit to the left in the fifties, though apparently not enough for Heckler (although it does seem strange that in the primary, his support came from the South end of his district which in the general was more Democratic).
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 04:41:09 PM »

Heckler challenged Martin from the right, and used a phrase that Martin used when he primary challenged the incumbent Republican in 1924 (who was in his eighties, I believe.)

Which is interesting...
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

How'd she do it and what were the themes of the campaign, etc.?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »

Dallas, having looked at a couple pages of this thread, I'm wondering, how many websites did you visit, how many maps did you pour over, and how many strange visits/phone calls did you make to local and state government buildings for all this stuff?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 08:05:56 PM »

Dallas, having looked at a couple pages of this thread, I'm wondering, how many websites did you visit, how many maps did you pour over, and how many strange visits/phone calls did you make to local and state government buildings for all this stuff?

It looks like he got most of his data from the Register and Manual from various years in MA's archives.

There are books of that stuff? Those'd be useful.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 02:15:41 PM »

This Thread is head three posts in the last six months, about a dozen in the last 2 years, and maybe 30 in the last five or six years. Why is it still stickied?

Dallasfan65 is an integral part of Atlas cartography's heritage.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 11:57:35 AM »

Can anyone do a New England town map of Obama-Clinton, Obama-Trump, Romney-Clinton, Romney-Trump?

Dallas? Anyone?

Probably not to be honest. I would definitely still do maps (on request) but I find modern politics too monotonous and stratified to work up the motivation for such a task. Anything from 1990 and before I'd be happy to do, provided I have the data.

Dallas, if I'm correct, you use MS paint or some other manual fill-in program, correct?

I may be able to find a way to do nclib's request on some free software that's more "data science" oriented and thus wouldn't actually require me to do any work, so long as someone points me in the direction of where I can get the data itself for free. It'd  be my first time actually "mapping" for Atlas outside of alternate timelines and really old/irrelevant primaries. That said, my Saturdays are spent on unrelated history stuff, so I may not have the time/motivation either.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 12:08:10 PM »

Can anyone do a New England town map of Obama-Clinton, Obama-Trump, Romney-Clinton, Romney-Trump?

Dallas? Anyone?

Probably not to be honest. I would definitely still do maps (on request) but I find modern politics too monotonous and stratified to work up the motivation for such a task. Anything from 1990 and before I'd be happy to do, provided I have the data.

Dallas, if I'm correct, you use MS paint or some other manual fill-in program, correct?

I may be able to find a way to do nclib's request on some free software that's more "data science" oriented and thus wouldn't actually require me to do any work, so long as someone points me in the direction of where I can get the data itself for free. It'd  be my first time actually "mapping" for Atlas outside of alternate timelines and really old/irrelevant primaries. That said, my Saturdays are spent on unrelated history stuff, so I may not have the time/motivation either.

I do indeed use MS Paint. I'll try and get my hands on the appropriate data tomorrow and then I'll PM it your way.

Thanks, Hoss.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies