MA: Repeal of Bill Nobody Cares About Act (Statute) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:08:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: Repeal of Bill Nobody Cares About Act (Statute) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Repeal of Bill Nobody Cares About Act (Statute)  (Read 2876 times)
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« on: February 23, 2011, 03:06:29 PM »

The fact that this bill was passed during my Governorship, and we are just coming around to even talk about starting it up, is quite telling on how unnecessary this legislation was then, and is now.

The legislation is problematic in several ways. Instead of focusing on the issues of the day, creating new and better legislation, taking the region forward, the legislature will be stuck in history, reviewing old bills that work just fine for no good reason. If we ever came around to bothering about this rule, it would be time-consuming, it would be tiresome, and it would be unecessary in 19 out of 20 cases. Most statue that has been untouched for the time period required for a review, has remained untouched because it works and makes sense.

It's also something that would never work in the real world. When this bill was originally passed I had yet to start to study Law myself, and if I knew what I know now, I would have vetod it. For a justice system to be secure and fair, it requires that statue isn't changed back and forth all the time, it has to remain fairly stable, in order for court precedent to work, in order for doctrine to be correct, and in order for people to actually know what the law is. Legislation should only be changed when it actually need to be changed, like in this case. 

This is a bad idea. We can either repeal it now, or come back here after having tried to keep it going for a while, repealing it then because it was a bad idea.         
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 12:26:03 PM »

Aye

Sorry guys, I've been away since Friday
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies