MA: Repeal of Bill Nobody Cares About Act (Statute) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:18:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: Repeal of Bill Nobody Cares About Act (Statute) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Repeal of Bill Nobody Cares About Act (Statute)  (Read 2866 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 24, 2011, 09:53:07 PM »

I'm learning toward SC here. I think if there's any legislation somebody wants to bring back up to amend or strike down, let them do so. There's the ability to do so, I mean we've been doing that with a lot of the bills in these past two sessions.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 11:23:38 PM »

I'm not so keen on completely trashing this bill when we have yet to see it in action. I understand that it may cause some "volatility," but I'm not so sure that we can ordain this bill a failure without seeing it actually put into action. The worst case scenario that you guys mentioned is a rapid ideological shift, but this is a moderately conservative assembly as a whole, not all that different from the assemblies of old.

Actually this session campared to last is an example of rapid ideological shift I think.
SC pointed out the legal shakiness of this bill too. Even though it can be legal, no one in the world (I don't believe) regularly brings up all old legislation to review and decide if they would like to keep it. The closest thing would be a budget that starts at zero, but that's a budget. We always have the option of changing or repealing old legislation, done plenty of times without PASLBAG.

That's my 2 cents. It's completly up to the Assembly, I'll accept whatever conclusion you draw.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 09:12:12 PM »

and once again SC casts the deciding vote
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies