Future voting patterns.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:05:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Future voting patterns.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Future voting patterns....  (Read 40218 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: April 18, 2009, 03:28:33 PM »

lol...
Republicans had a better chance at putting up a Republican than Democrats, looking back at 2004. Most people didn't know much about BO, and those who did probably didn't think he would run due to lack of experience. Republicans had Rice and Powell up there, and both were, and still are, very electable.
This is my thought by 2028...
The south won't be as heavy Republican, although most states will still vote Republican comfortably. Democrats will take Arizona and Colorado away from us, and all together, just dominate in the west and southwest, including making Texas competitive. Republicans will make huge strides in the North. Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin will all be Republican, while Illinois, Missouri, and Iowa will be toss-ups, along with Pennyslvania. Just like how Democrat's make the south competitve, the Republicans will make the Northeast competitve. Republican will continue their dominance in the midwest.

Republican >30%- Barely Republican
Republican >50%- Lean Republican
Republican >70%-Strong Republican
Democrat >30%-Barely Democrat
Democrat >50%-Lean Democrat
Democrat >70%-Strong Democrat

My map...

North Carolina is the tossup state. That's just me choosing the state I would think to be the closest in that election. The electoral count gives Republicans a 261-262 lead.

LOL The northern Midwest becoming solid GOP...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 03:50:45 PM »

lol...
Republicans had a better chance at putting up a Republican than Democrats, looking back at 2004. Most people didn't know much about BO, and those who did probably didn't think he would run due to lack of experience. Republicans had Rice and Powell up there, and both were, and still are, very electable.
This is my thought by 2028...
The south won't be as heavy Republican, although most states will still vote Republican comfortably. Democrats will take Arizona and Colorado away from us, and all together, just dominate in the west and southwest, including making Texas competitive. Republicans will make huge strides in the North. Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin will all be Republican, while Illinois, Missouri, and Iowa will be toss-ups, along with Pennyslvania. Just like how Democrat's make the south competitve, the Republicans will make the Northeast competitve. Republican will continue their dominance in the midwest.

Republican >30%- Barely Republican
Republican >50%- Lean Republican
Republican >70%-Strong Republican
Democrat >30%-Barely Democrat
Democrat >50%-Lean Democrat
Democrat >70%-Strong Democrat

My map...

North Carolina is the tossup state. That's just me choosing the state I would think to be the closest in that election. The electoral count gives Republicans a 261-262 lead.

LOL The northern Midwest becoming solid GOP...
This is 20 years away. For all you or I know, a third party could emerge and dominate. I'm just making a guess based on trends and such.

Just a question : what does it give in electoral votes ?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 05:15:34 AM »

Here is my map.

269/269 : perfect tie

However, I don't like so much doing this sort of map, we can't really know how will the states vote. The more usefull stuff is to do a trend map. I did 6 maps showing the possible trend in this topic https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=94836.0.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies