Congressman asked "Who is going to shoot Obama?"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:16:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Congressman asked "Who is going to shoot Obama?"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Congressman asked "Who is going to shoot Obama?"  (Read 1928 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2011, 08:17:18 PM »

I'm not an expert but if he failed to report it wouldn't that be like failing to report a crime?

You clearly are not an expert, that much is true.

I was expecting something more helpful.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2011, 09:08:48 PM »

I can almost see it: a new Oliver Stone-style JFK movie in the pipeline thirty years from now, this time with President Barack Obama in the starring role as the victim of a successful assassination attempt (hatched by corporate and government interests along with the tacit complicity of the by-then thoroughly southernized GOP) while campaigning for re-election in a major southern city.

God, I hope this remains historical fiction...    

Didn't somebody make a movie like that about President George W. Bush?
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 09:11:44 PM »

For the record, it was Broun's office who contacted the Secret Service about the guy.

Watch as the hacks either ignore this fact or come up with another justification for their hackery.

I'm not an expert but if he failed to report it wouldn't that be like failing to report a crime?
The article says that threatening the President is a punishable offense, so it's not like Broun had much of a choice about reporting it.

Of course he wouldn't have if he had a choice.  He's a Republican after all, so he wouldn't have any regrets, especially when the president is a darkie.

Hurp Durp
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 09:30:46 PM »

For the record, it was Broun's office who contacted the Secret Service about the guy.

Watch as the hacks either ignore this fact or come up with another justification for their hackery.

The article says that threatening the President is a punishable offense, so it's not like Broun had much of a choice about reporting it.

Of course he wouldn't have if he had a choice.  He's a Republican after all, so he wouldn't have any regrets, especially when the president is a darkie.

Hurp Durp

You're a man after my own heart.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 09:45:57 PM »

Rather or not is office reported it still doesn't change the fact that he did not denounce the statement out right. It's outrageous enough to respond with some sort of disapproval. Either he was too scared or just didn't think he had to denounce it.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies