Man receives 25 years for insulting creators of stupid, unfunny show
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:46:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Man receives 25 years for insulting creators of stupid, unfunny show
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Man receives 25 years for insulting creators of stupid, unfunny show  (Read 27639 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2011, 03:14:43 PM »

No it's not funny. It's just the same type of "humor" as the Seltzer and Friedberg movies. OMG CELEBRITY REFERENCE! OMG SOMETHING "OFFENSIVE" AND "SHOCKING"! Family Guy has great humor and I have never been offended by anything on it besides the episode where they attacked Christians. South Park offends me all the time with their right-wing garbage and just being stupid and unfunny.

Is saying something is right wing garbage your way of calling something you don't like? I watch South Park and while some times it supports the right wing position, plenty of times it goes against the right as well,like here.

Danny, logic and facts don't apply to BRTD.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2011, 09:50:20 PM »

Just because they occasionally poke fun at conservatives does not change the fact that they are frequent left-wing bashers and one of the creators has even said "I dislike conservatives, but I really hate liberals." They are extreme liberal haters no different than Beck even if they mocked him. It's like calling The Daily Show a balanced show because it occasionally pokes fun at liberals.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2011, 10:00:19 PM »

Just because they occasionally poke fun at conservatives does not change the fact that they are frequent left-wing bashers and one of the creators has even said "I dislike conservatives, but I really hate liberals." They are extreme liberal haters no different than Beck even if they mocked him. It's like calling The Daily Show a balanced show because it occasionally pokes fun at liberals.

So I suppose that you know how often they bash one or the other based on the fact that you don't watch the show because you hate it so much?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2011, 10:01:23 PM »

Mike Judge is just as if not more conservative than the South Park guys and makes fun of liberals much more often and with much less humor, and yet you like him. Sup with that bro?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2011, 10:06:09 PM »

Mike Judge is just as if not more conservative than the South Park guys and makes fun of liberals much more often and with much less humor, and yet you like him. Sup with that bro?

BRTD has a special pass given to him from a Christian stripper that absolves him of all hypocrisy.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2011, 10:15:30 PM »

How is he conservative? King of the Hill had mostly conservative characters, but it made fun of libertarian-type militia fanatics (Dale), and people against sex ed, fundies, homophobes and global warming deniers. Beavis and Butthead may have poked fun at hippie types with Van Driessen, but he was far more down to earth, logical and likable than people like Buzzcut who was a conservative military type. And it'd be kind of ridiculous to consider Beavis and Butthead any type of political show at all...his movies are obviously not too political.

The main difference though is that Mike Judge's works are funny. The South Park guys' are not.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2011, 11:01:18 PM »

The main difference though is that Mike Judge's works are funny. The South Park guys' are not.

That's just your opinion. Why is it you can't accept that other people find it funny and move on like a normal human being?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2011, 11:19:35 PM »

How is he conservative? King of the Hill had mostly conservative characters, but it made fun of libertarian-type militia fanatics (Dale), and people against sex ed, fundies, homophobes and global warming deniers. Beavis and Butthead may have poked fun at hippie types with Van Driessen, but he was far more down to earth, logical and likable than people like Buzzcut who was a conservative military type. And it'd be kind of ridiculous to consider Beavis and Butthead any type of political show at all...his movies are obviously not too political.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Goode_Family
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2011, 12:47:32 AM »

Making fun of overtly-PC hippie types does not make one a conservative. Plenty of liberals are annoyed by people like that.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies