MI-EPIC/MRA: Romney 46% Obama 41% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:55:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MI-EPIC/MRA: Romney 46% Obama 41% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-EPIC/MRA: Romney 46% Obama 41%  (Read 4719 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 01, 2011, 03:20:38 AM »

As can I, but for him to be doing so while losing North Carolina & Virginia seems genuinely bizarre.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 01:47:40 PM »

I look at this and have a good laugh; Democrats will be carrying Michigan for decades!

I guess a lot of Republicans thought the same thing about Virginia prior to november 2008.

"Longtime Republican state, haven't voted for a Democrat since LBJ in 1964. Sure thing."

Or Vermont in 1992, which had only voted Democratic once in 168 years before that. If you look at it again in 2008, you see that it voted for Obama by more than 2-to-1. That state has changed its political allegiances quite a lot in a relatively short timeframe.

Sometimes a state will trend dramatically for purely internal reasons. While Michigan will likely be a lean Democratic state for decades provided no major changes occur in the parties, it's silly to assume that that must be the case. Michigan is actually a rather likely candidate for trending significantly, seeing as how its historic automobile industry is proving increasingly insufficient to support the state's economy.

Also, welcome to the forum.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies