Iowa Forum Tonight
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:18:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Iowa Forum Tonight
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Iowa Forum Tonight  (Read 465 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 07, 2011, 09:43:53 PM »

Did anyone catch it on C-CSPAN? I thought all candidates did pretty well.

Cain- A lot of what he said overlapped his CPAC. As always, a good speaker. But he went first so everyone was uneasy about clapping.

Gingrich- Big on character issues, not much on policy. Recieved warmly.

Roemer- Pretty much the same thing as his announcement. Very different approach. Attacked ethanol (at least we know he's honest). Had a pretty big head on stage though.

Pawlenty- Pretty solid, nothing stunning, but it was solid all around.

Santorum- Actually a decent speaker. Focussed on life. His story at the end was moving about the couple who weren't going to get an abortion because of his speech on the Senate floor.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 10:17:30 PM »

Nope, I didn't even know this was happening.  Honestly, how do you think Roemer did?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 10:40:35 PM »

Nope, I didn't even know this was happening.  Honestly, how do you think Roemer did?

Well his southern accent sure doesn't help him. And he certainly praised himself, though I guess it's needed since as he constantly pointed out, he was once a democrat. His message was mostly focused on corruption, making the 100 dollar limit, not taking PAC or organization money, allowing the president to be free, etc. The crowd thought he was decent. But if there's one word to describe him coming out of that speech it's integrity. He said he would end oil and ethanol subsidies.

I mean when I first looked him over it was like ehhh well David Duke did beat him in a primary...how could can he really be. He's not in my top 3, but I'd certainly support him if he won the nomination. He has a very small shot, but he certainly has set him apart from the other candidates. If we start seeing any scandals with presidential candidates, he is going to rise.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 04:13:54 AM »

Here are videos of all of their speeches (except Cain's):

http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/weigel/archive/2011/03/08/roemermentum-in-iowa.aspx
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies