The White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:27:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: The White House  (Read 6734 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 04, 2011, 02:42:22 PM »

Welcome to the White House!

Please feel free to post any comments, questions, or concerns you may have. My office is always open. Smiley

President Tmthforu94/Vice President Dallasfan65
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 02:46:25 PM »

Executive Action

By the power vested in me, I hereby nominate the following individuals for their respective positions for confirmation by the Senate:

Badger, as Game Moderator.

Junkie, as Attorney General.

Franzl, as Secretary of Federal Elections.

Hans-im-Glück, as Registrar General.

JBrase, as Secretary of Internal Affairs.

Benconstine, as Secretary of External Affairs.

Gustaf, as Moderator General.

Lief, as GTO Ambassador

Signed,
President Tmthforu94
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 05:17:43 PM »

Executive Action

Fulfilling a campaign pledge, I'm proud to announce the creation of the "Welcoming Committee". This committee will be responsible for welcoming new members to the game, as well as showing them the rules of the game, and as Purple State once suggested, mentoring them. A more definite set of guidelines will be put in place once we have member for this committee. Which brings me to paragraph two....

I'm looking for a member of each party (JCP, RPP, UDL, POP) to volunteer to serve on this committee. Dallasfan and I will also participate in the committee. Anyone who is interested in serving on this committee please contact me ASAP.

Thank you,
President Tmthforu94
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 05:40:05 PM »

Alright, since it has been established that the nominees do not infact need re-confirmation votes, such threads shall be considered informal.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 06:59:18 PM »

Alright, since it has been established that the nominees do not infact need re-confirmation votes, such threads shall be considered informal.

Nice to see I'm not the only Veep making mistakes Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 05:33:01 PM »

Executive Action

By the powers vested in me under the "Xahar Complains Too Much Act", I hereby appoint my Vice President, Dallasfan65 to be responsible for the maintenance of the Introduction to Atlasia thread.

Thank you,
President Tmthforu94
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 05:40:24 PM »

Executive Action

I want to thank everyone who applied to serve on the Welcoming Committee. Smiley I'm pleased to appoint the following individuals:
Kalwejt, representing the JCP
Cathcon, representing the RPP
WisconsinGurl, representing the UDL
Jake Matthews, representing the POP
HappyWarrior, representing everyone else Wink

The committee will primarily be led by Vice President Dallasfan65. More details are soon to come.

Thank you,
President Tmthforu94
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 06:08:31 PM »

I hope Kal and Wisgirl will be able to work together!
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 06:16:14 PM »

Thank you, Mr. President Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 06:22:26 PM »

Oh trust me, they will...

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 07:04:24 AM »
« Edited: March 15, 2011, 07:41:31 AM by Senator Kalwejt »

Oh trust me, they will...

Isn't that an illegal expansion of executive powers?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 10:54:02 PM »

Executive Action
Per the recommendation of SoEA Ben, I hereby nominate Lief to the position of GTO Ambassador.

Thank you,
President Tmthforu94
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 10:47:36 PM »

Notice

A statement will be made by the President in the coming days regarding the situations currently ongoing in Libya, China, and Japan.

Thank you.

(Don't worry y'all, next week is my Spring Break, so I'll have plenty of time for Atlasia Tongue)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 08:02:20 PM »

Statement from the President

Good Evening,

Tragedy has struck the world this week, with the devastating earthquake and tsunami that has deeply wounded the nation of Japan. My heart goes out to the victims in Japan, and the people of Japan will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. To the Japanese government, let me be clear: Atlasia is prepared to provide Japan with some of the necessary relief to fully recover. We pledge our full support and solidarity with the people of Japan and all others affected by this awful tragedy.

In times of need, Atlasia has stepped up as a humanitarian power in the world, and I expect that to continue with this terrible tragedy. When the Haitians were faced with a terrifying earthquake, I led efforts as an Atlasian Senator to provide quick and efficient relief to Haiti. I hope Atlasia acts with that same response this time around as well.

In regards to Libya, I wholeheartedly support the decision by the United Nations to play a no-fly zone over Libya. I hope the Senate will soon be passing legislation allowing Atlasia to contribute to implementing the no-fly zone. The Atlasian government is dedicated to making sure the Libyan government is held accountable for the violent actions it is taking against her citizens. Everything is currently on the table.

I applaud the leadership of Secretary Benconstine in his efforts to find a resolution with the Chinese government. I can assure the Atlasian people that this administration is hard at work to find a solution acceptable to both the Chinese and Atlasian governments.

Thank you all.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 06:35:52 PM »

Mr. President,

The Second Amendment to the Proportional Representation Act has passed the Senate and is presented to you for your signature or veto.

Sen. NC Yankee,
President Pro-Tempore
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 08:59:49 PM »

Mr. President,

The Second Amendment to the Proportional Representation Act has passed the Senate and is presented to you for your signature or veto.

Sen. NC Yankee,
President Pro-Tempore

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 11:40:25 AM »

Mr. President,

The Game Moderator Reform Act has passed the Senate and is presented to you for your signature.

Sen. NC Yankee,
President Pro-Tempore
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 01:27:42 PM »

Mr. President,

The Game Moderator Reform Act has passed the Senate and is presented to you for your signature.

Sen. NC Yankee,
President Pro-Tempore

It's an honor to sign such an important piece of legislation that will vastly improve the GM position.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 01:30:20 PM »

Finally, the things will start moving on Cheesy
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 07:02:22 PM »

Statement from the President

Good Evening,

Tonight, I am here to update the Atlasian people on the current situation in Libya, what we plan to do, and how this will affect our future. I’d like to begin this address by thanking the men and women currently serving our nation overseas.  It is our military we must thank for preserving our many freedoms and rights as an Atlasian citizen.  Atlasia has always played a role in achieving global security and advocating for human rights.  Because of our commitment to making this world a better place, there is a cost involved, both financially and sadly in lives.  In situations like the one currently ongoing in Libya, our values of democracy and our interests are at stake, and it is our duty to act.  For too long Colonel Gaddafi has been allowed to violate the sacred obligation a ruler has to his citizens; at long last, the people of Libya have risen up against Gaddafi, and reasserted their natural rights.

In the face of opposition, Colonel Qaddafi and the Libyan government have taken the cowardly approach: they have started to conduct a military campaign against the people of Libya.  It is important that we stop the killing of so many innocent lives, and Atlasia is ready to do its part in assisting the rebels and ending the killings.  We will be deploying CIA and other intelligence agents within the rebel forces to both train and advise them.  In addition, Colonel Gaddafi and top government and military leaders will now be considered bombing targets.

Many of our allies have joined in this quest to defend the brave people of Libyan, and I thank them for their commitment to this cause.  Their commitment shows the rightness of our cause; it shows the legitimacy of our action.

I understand the concerns of those questioning our action.  Why should Atlasia be a “police” for the entire world?  That is not the issue – the issue now is whether or not to help the Libyan people overthrow and oppressive dictator, and allow them the right to self-determination.  Do not misconstrue this initial action for a long term military commitment.  It is our goal to stop Colonel Gaddafi without putting Atlasian troops on the ground, and I am confident we will be successful in this mission.

For centuries, now, Atlasia has been a beacon of hope in the world and the leading voice for democracy and human rights.  It is vital to our future that we maintain that record.  If we continue to sit back and do nothing, we will be letting down not only the people of Libya, but our Allies, and our own basic principles.

I thank you all for your attention.  Dave Bless you all, and Good Night.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 04:40:02 PM »

I do not recall the Senate authorizing these acts of war.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 01:16:26 PM »

I am sorry for not being very active thus far, at least as much as I planned on being. I do not have as much free time as I thought I would, certainly not as much as last year. I am not one for long and drawn out posts, so I shall keep this short. It would be unfair to everyone if I stayed on as SoFA while not being able to crank out the quality work myself and others would hope for, so I shall resign as SoIA effective immediately.

My apologies to Badger and the Tmth Administration.

X Jbrase   
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2011, 02:27:11 PM »

Your resignation has been accepted. This is certainly disappointing, but I wish you the best in future endeavors, both in-game and in real life.

The position of Secretary of Internal Affairs is now vacant. Anyone interested in the position of SoIA is asked to contact myself or Dallasfan as soon as possible.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2011, 03:56:29 PM »

Just abolish that useless position already.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 04:07:26 PM »

Just abolish that useless position already.
It isn't as useless as it used to be, now that the SoIA has power to create stories on the regional level. It's a gig I'd personally like, if not for the fact I'm President.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies